Favorite Greek Salad
Our Favorite Greek Salad is an easy recipe made with 5 fresh ingredients and tossed with a tangy vinaigrette. It’s our all-time favorite greek salad! We’re making it as authentic as possible, just the way they serve it in Greece, with cubes of feta cheese, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and mint. Simple, easy, and delightfully tasty!
Our Favorite Greek Salad…
This recipe for Greek salad is authentic, just like our authentic tzatziki sauce which we learned when we traveled to Greece.
With warmer weather, we love making healthy salads loaded with fresh veggies like this one. And this salad is delicious!
Besides, why not take advantage and make use of all the fresh produce that is available to us, creating this simple, juicy, and delicious tasting greek salad in minutes!
Not to mention, it’s a healthy salad to whip up and a great solution for hurried hostesses – like me! 😉
Notes and Tips for this Salad…
- This is a salad you can make ahead a few hours and chill it.
- A great salad you add to your weekly meal plan; have it for lunch and feel satisfied.
- It also makes a perfect side to serve with grilled meats and seafood, like our Best Shrimp and Scallops Kabobs, and our London Broil Steak Grilled, just to name a few.
- An ideal salad for picnics, potluck dinners, and cookouts!
- Fresh mint gives this salad a refreshing taste to it. So don’t leave it out.
- Our greek salad is best when served chilled.
- For best flavor, always choose red tomatoes on-the-vine, or heirloom tomatoes. I prefer a mixture of both tomatoes. These tomatoes are always juicy and best tasting for our salad.
- You can easily double the ingredients to feed a large gathering!
How To Make Our Favorite Greek Salad?
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- red tomatoes – I prefer tomatoes “on the vine” or heirloom tomatoes, and a mixture of both.
- mini or small cucumbers – these are seedless, crunchy, and perfect for this salad.
- red onion – I used only 1/2 of a small red onion.
- a block of feta cheese – you will only need 1/4 of the block for this recipe.
- fresh mint leaves – to offer a subtle fresh flavor to the salad.
- extra virgin olive oil – only the best quality to give the best flavor to the salad.
- red wine vinegar – offers a zesty, tangy element to the salad.
- salt and black pepper – it’s best to season to your taste.
Toss all the ingredients into a bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss until well combined. Transfer to a serving platter.
Here’s a QUICK TIP! Here is where you can wrap the bowl or platter with clear wrap and chill it until you are ready to serve. Or you can serve it immediately.
Greek Salad is best served the day you make it. But it will stay fresh for up to two days if kept chilled in the fridge.
Options to Jazz Things Up…
We enjoy our greek salad with simple ingredients, and this recipe is authentic to what you would be served if you traveled to Greece. But if you’re looking for more ways to jazz up this salad with a few more ingredients, try any of these:
- sprinkle a little dried oregano
- or some fresh chopped or dried dill
- add a 1/4 teaspoon of dijon mustard to the dressing
- toss in some kalamata olives
Try this easy and delicious greek salad…
Looking for more Healthy Salads… try these:
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- Cucumber and Vidalia Onion Salad
- Easy Italian Tomato Salad (Marinated)
- Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style!
Favorite Greek Salad
Favorite Greek Salad is an easy recipe made with 5 fresh ingredients and tossed with a tangy vinaigrette. It's our all-time favorite greek salad! It's simple, quick to make, and delightfully delicious!
- 4 to 5 small tomatoes on the vine - cut into quarters
- 3 small or mini cucumbers - sliced
- 2-ounces of a block of Feta cheese - cut into cubes
- 1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Rinse the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Slice the cucumber and 1/2 of a small red onion, and toss those into the bowl.
3. Cut 1/4 of the block of feta, and cut into cubes.. Toss in a few mint leaves.
4. Make the vinaigrette, and add a sprinkle of salt and some black pepper. Pour it into the salad, and toss the salad with 2 spoons, until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
5. Chill for 30 minutes, or you can serve immediately.
Yields: 2 to 4 servings
If you are planning to make this greek salad ahead, hold the mint leaves and toss those in when you are ready to serve the salad.
Yield:2 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 10.2gSaturated Fat: 3.1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 3.3gProtein: 3.4g
Thanks for Pinning!
If you try our Favorite Greek Salad, let us know and leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you. Have fun and snap a photo! Hashtag it on Instagram or on Pinterest, and be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you make and share it with the world! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and be the first to get our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of some great older ones too!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Happy and Healthy Lifestyle! 🙂
xo anna and liz