Skillet Dijon Chicken Breasts is an easy chicken dinner, cooked in one skillet, and it is ready in under 30 minutes. Skinless, boneless chicken breasts are easily simmered in a creamy Dijon sauce making them tender, juicy, and amazingly delicious! A quick dinner that comes together in a snap!
Skillet Dijon Chicken Breasts…
There’s something about a creamy Dijon sauce that turns these plain and simple chicken breasts into nothing but FABULOUS!
This recipe features boneless. skinless chicken breasts with a creamy mustard sauce. It makes a delightfully tasty and budget-friendly meal. The flavorful mustard sauce is made with 4 ingredients.
Serve it with a side of rice, quinoa, couscous, or roasted baby red and Yukon potatoes, and keep this recipe on rotation and a weeknight favorite.
A delicious dinner that’s quick and easy to make, and loaded with flavor – is a win-win!
Reasons to LOVE our Recipe for Skillet Dijon Chicken Breasts…
- A great dish for any weeknight or weekend.
- An easy and delicious dinner that’s loaded with protein.
- It’s made in one skillet, which = an easy clean-up! 🙂
- It is ready in less than 30 minutes.
First, How Many Chicken Breasts Do I Need?
- Depending on the number of your family members, it is a good idea to guess at least one breast per person when serving, plus one or two extra for those who are really hungry. 😉
- Also, whether you purchase chicken breasts from your local butcher, or pick up a package(s) in the meat section, it’s best to pound them before cooking.
- This recipe calls for 3 chicken breasts, but you can increase the amount needed to fit your family’s needs.
Ingredients Needed for Skillet Dijon Chicken Breasts…
For our recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – pounded, and as many as you need for your family.
- heavy cream – 2/3 cup was plenty for the 3 large chicken breasts.
- olive oil – just enough to sauté and brown the chicken.
- white wine – about 1/4 cup to deglaze the pan, and give additional flavor to the cream sauce.
- course ground Dijon mustard – 2 Tbsp. is sufficient in this recipe.
- seasonings – salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dried (or fresh) thyme, and dried rosemary.
- chicken broth – to increase the amount of sauce, and enhance its flavors.
- optional: freshly chopped parsley, as garnish
How to Make our Skillet Dijon Chicken Breasts…(*full recipe card below!)
- First, you will need a good skillet. You can use an 8 or 9-inch skillet for 3 chicken breasts. Heat olive oil in the skillet. Season the chicken breasts with some salt and black pepper. Then transfer the breasts to the skillet.
2. Sauté chicken breasts until golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes per side, and on low flame with a pot lid, or with a splatter screen. Remove the chicken and transfer them to a nearby plate.
3. Deglaze the pan, pour in the white wine. Stir with a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the skillet. Allow the wine to simmer for one minute, to reduce a little.
4. Pour in the heavy cream, add in the dried herbs, cayenne pepper, and mustard. Stir to combine. Allow the cream sauce to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, to thicken.
5. Turn off the heat. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Serve immediately. Yields: 3 servings.
Q & A…
Can We Air-Fry or Roast these Chicken Breasts?
If you prefer to use an Air-Fryer or use your oven to cook these chicken breasts, (instead of cooking them in a skillet), the answer is yes, you can. Then make the creamy mustard sauce in the skillet and serve it over the cooked chicken.
Can We Use Other Parts of Chicken?
I believe you can. Try it with chicken thighs, or tenderloins. As long as you cook and brown the chicken, then follow the directions in the recipe card.
Options for Sides to serve with our Skillet Chicken Dinner…
You can serve this skillet chicken dinner with a side of steamed rice, quinoa, or couscous; or try some of these:
- Oven Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Baby Red and Yukon Potatoes
- Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon Sauce
- Blanching and Steaming Vegetables
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower (dairy-free)
Additional Recipes for Easy Skillet Dinners?… try these:
- Easy Skillet Tortellini Dinner
- Veal Piccata with Lemon and Capers
- Tuscan Creamy Chicken Pasta (+Video)
- Skillet Salmon with Chili Sauce
- Easy Cod Livornese
- Chicken Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
- Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast - pounded
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
For Dijon Cream Sauce:
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. of course ground Dijon mustard
- dash or two of cayenne pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Optional: freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in an 8 or 9-inch skillet. Season the chicken breasts with some salt and black pepper. Then transfer the breasts to the skillet.
- Sauté chicken breasts until golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes per side, and on low flame with a pot lid, or with a splatter screen. Remove the chicken and transfer them to a nearby plate.
- Next, Deglaze the pan: Pour in the white wine. Stir with a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the skillet to break up the bits and pieces. Simmer the wine for about one minute, until it reduces a little.
- Pour in the heavy cream, add in the dried herbs, cayenne pepper, and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Allow the Dijon cream sauce to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, until it thickens. If the cream sauce is too thick, stir in a little chicken broth.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a serving platter or individual dinner plates and serve with creamy mustard sauce over the breasts. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 3
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 21.4gSaturated Fat: 8.7gCholesterol: 133mgCarbohydrates: 2.3gFiber: .6gSugar: .3gProtein: 39.6g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Spinach and Kale Quiche
- Fast & Easy Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs
- Best Lobster Sauce
- London Broil Steak Grilled to Perfection
- Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner
That’s it friends! Any questions? …ask away!
If you try our recipe for Skillet Dijon Chicken Breast, let us know and leave a comment below.
We’d love to hear from you! Sharing your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps us too.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to 2 Sisters Recipes. Enter your email in our “Subscribe Box” and receive our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of great older ones too.
Thanks for stopping by… and have a great day!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
xo anna and liz