Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner is simply delicious! Using already cleaned and deveined shrimp helps make this shrimp scampi dinner ready in less than 30 minutes! The secret is the buttery-garlic wine sauce that makes this dish so exquisite. Serve it alone or with pasta, rice, and quinoa for an easy weeknight dinner!
Delicious Shrimp Scampi…
Shrimp scampi is such a delicious dish, and one your whole family will love!
Plus, we’ll share some “great tips” and “easy steps” on how to make this baked shrimp scampi dinner, so you can enjoy it for years to come.
How To Make Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner?
There are 3 easy steps to making our Shrimp Scampi Dinner:
1. Shrimps are easily butterflied (see our step-by-step directions below).
2. Then they are marinated with white wine and melted butter, and topped with a light bread crumb mixture combined with fresh garlic, grated cheese, and dried herbs.
3. And, baked for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they turn pink and the sauce is bubbly, and it’s ready to serve.
How Much Shrimp Do We Need?
- One-pound bag (16 ounces) of frozen Raw Shrimp is good for 4 to 6 servings.
- Choose shrimp that comes already peeled, deveined, and with tails on. (I found these at Trader Joe’s)
- You can easily find shrimp at your local fish market and have them cleaned for you for a few pennies more.
- Shrimp scampi is a dish usually made with ex-large shrimp, but you can choose whatever size you prefer. I found these frozen shrimps to be smaller in size, but it really didn’t matter.
- This recipe for dinner will yield 4 to 6 servings.
Directions to Thaw Frozen Shrimp…
1. FIRST: If Shrimp Is Frozen: allow the shrimp to defrost in the bag, on your kitchen counter, or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. NEXT: Rinse The Shrimp: rinse shrimp under cold running water for about 4 to 5 minutes. This will help remove most of the “iodine” from the shrimp. (see my notes below)
3. DRAIN: allow the shrimp to drain in a colander for a few minutes.
How Do We Know if the “Iodine” Has Been Rinsed Off?
When rinsing, the water will bubble up or create the “suds effect,” as if there is soap in the water. That is the iodine creating the suds in the water.
You will need to rinse well, and for a few times until “the suds” disappears entirely.
And, the second way you can tell is …if you don’t smell the scent of the iodine in the shrimp. Then the shrimp is ready for you to cook.
Next, How To Butterfly the Shrimp?
1. FIRST, SLICE THE SHRIMP: Use a knife to carefully butterfly each shrimp, slicing it down the center, halfway through.
2. NEXT, CHECK THE SPINE: If you see a thin line of darkness running through the back of the shrimp, pull those out and discard them. The shrimp should be clean inside and out. Continue with each shrimp.
3. SHRIMP IS READY: Then transfer each one to a baking dish. Set them up with a split side down and tails folded over.
Make the Marinade for Shrimp Scampi…
Now you are ready to make the butter and wine sauce for the shrimp:
1. Pour in the wine and melted butter. Season with some sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper on top. Set it aside.
2. As it sits for a few minutes, the shrimp will marinate in the wine and butter.
3. Meanwhile, you can preheat the oven to 400 degrees F ( 204C). It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to preheat the oven, giving some time to marinate the shrimp while it sits on the counter.
4. The bread crumbs with garlic mixture take about 2 minutes to prep, and it’s sprinkled over the shrimp just before it’s baked.
5. And, just before I pop the shrimp into the oven, I give an additional sprinkle of dried oregano over the entire dish, just to give it a little more flavor.
Directions To Bake The Shrimp:
1. Bake Shrimp Scampi in the oven at 400 degrees F. (200C). While the shrimp are in the oven baking, you can get started with cooking the pasta, or any side you wish.
NOTE: Here, I decided to serve it with our favorite orzo pasta.
2. Finally, I check on my shrimp and take them out of the oven. Once, the orzo pasta is drained, I serve the orzo directly into the dishes and serve with a few shrimp on top and spoon some butter sauce over the entire dish.
So yummy! 😉
What to Serve with our Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner?
- You can serve baked shrimp scampi alone, along with some crusty bread and a crisp green salad as a side.
- Try serving shrimp scampi with orzo pasta, as we did today. Or serve it over cooked rice or quinoa, or with our angel hair pasta with lemon sauce.
- The buttery garlic and wine sauce in the baking dish is wonderful for any side to soak up, giving them additional flavor.
It’s truly exquisite!
Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner is company-worthy and perfect for busy weeknights.
Serve it with some crusty bread or with our homemade cheesy mini biscuits and a green salad. Or you can serve this baked shrimp scampi with any side you like!
And for our gluten-free friends, you can use gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free orzo pasta with this recipe.
The dish always turns out great!
Try this recipe! ENJOY!!
...Thanks for PINNING!
You might enjoy a few more recipes for seafood, try these!
- Easy Shrimp Dinner
- Wild Rice with Lemon Garlicky Shrimp
- Shrimp and Lobster Sauce
- Easy Baked Trout
- Calamari Fra Diavolo
- Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara
- Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad
- Best Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
- 1 pound (16-ounces) raw shrimp - cleaned, deveined, with tails on
- 3 Tbsp. plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano, plus extra
- 1/8 tsp. dried parsley
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 large garlic clove - finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoon of butter - melted
- an extra sprinkle of dried oregano
- Optional: 1/2 to 3/4 pound of Orzo pasta
- First, rinse the shrimp under cold running water for about 3 to 4 minutes, to remove the iodine from the shrimp. Drain in a colander.
- PREHEAT Oven to 400 degrees F ( 204 C).
- Next, take each shrimp, one at a time, and slowly slice down the middle, almost halfway through. Transfer to an 8 x 10 baking dish.
- Season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper over the shrimp. Pour in the wine, and drizzle melted butter over the shrimp. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine, bread crumbs, Romano cheese, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried parsley, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle the crumbs mixture over the shrimp. Scatter with extra dried oregano over the shrimp. Place baking dish with shrimp on the middle rack in the oven.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes, or longer until the shrimp are fully baked and turn pink.
- In the meantime, bring a medium-size pot filled with water to a boil. Add some salt to the boiling water and toss in ORZO pasta and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until al-dente. Drain.
- Serve orzo in dishes, top with a couple of shrimps over the orzo, and top with 3 to 4 spoonfuls of the buttery sauce over the entire shrimp scampi dish and serve. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 to 6
Keep in mind, all ovens vary. Therefore, baking time will vary to cooking the shrimp. Also, it's a good idea before serving the shrimp scampi, to take one shrimp and taste it. Then you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. Then serve.
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 15.6gCarbohydrates: 24.1gProtein: 22.2g