Easy Baked Trout is tender, juicy, and delicious tasting! Topped with an easy-to-make lemon sauce for a delicious seafood dish that’s ready in minutes. Serve it with a side of our baby zucchini, and a green salad for a complete dinner.
What is Trout?
- Rainbow Trout is a freshwater fish that lives in cold rivers and lakes all over the world.
- It is in the salmon family, and it has a mild flavor to it.
- Trout is a fish that cooks up quickly.
- It is an excellent alternative to salmon because it is economically less expensive.
- You can find it in most seafood markets, either frozen or on ice in their display case.
Easy Baked Trout Recipe…
This easy recipe for baked trout is practically effortless! The prep work takes less than 5 minutes, and the fish bakes for 10 to 12 minutes.
The simple marinade will flavor the fish while it creates a juicy and flavorful trout when baked.
But the lemon-butter sauce is what makes this trout taste amazing! It consists of fresh lemon juice, butter, fresh thyme, cayenne pepper, and Dijon mustard.
How to make our Easy Baked Trout?
For this recipe, I found frozen boneless fillets of Rainbow Trout at Trader Joe’s. Once the fish is thawed, the rest is easy.
1. First, you will need to rinse the fillets, drain and pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Scatter with lemon juice, wine wine, and fresh parsley.
3. Place them on the middle rack of the oven and bake the fish for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make our simple lemon-butter sauce in a small saucepan. Melt the butter, and add thyme, cayenne, and Dijon to the mixture. Pour in the lemon juice, and heat for 1 minute. Cover the pot and turn off the heat to keep it warm.
5. When the fish is done, remove and serve the fish on individual dinner plates and spoon the lemon sauce over each fish. Serve immediately.
Tips for Success!
- Always look for “skinless” trout! It is not always available, but if it is choose skinless, boneless trout.
- It is best to season the trout before marinating. This will ensure the trout will turn out flavorful.
- Fresh lemons are always best to give the fish its fresh flavor. Bottled lemon juice usually contains chemicals and preservatives, and therefore, not getting the maximum flavor.
- For easy cleanup – use a sheet of parchment paper on your baking pan.
- We prefer “fresh herbs” with seafood recipes, but if you need to use dried ones, they will work too.
Options for Sides to serve it with…
Serve this baked trout with any of our delicious sides, and you’ll have one fabulous meal!
- Baby Zucchini Recipe
- Asparagus Au Gratin- Lightened!
- Easy Sauteed Broccolini
- Roasted Baby Red & Yukon Potatoes with Herbs
Easy Baked Trout is an easy meal to serve family and friends. Pair this seafood dish with any white wine, and you have an exquisite dinner.
Additional Delicious Seafood Dinners…
- Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Vegetables
- Roasted Red Snapper – Italian Style!
- Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata
- 1.5 pounds (226g) (2 large) boneless Trout Fillets - rinsed, pat dry with paper towel
- 1 lemon - juiced
- sea salt and black pepper - to season the fish
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder - divided
- fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. of white wine
- extra lemon wedges, for serving
FOR LEMON-BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 5 fresh sprigs of Thyme
- dash of cayenne pepper
1. PREHEAT THE OVEN to 375 degrees F (190C). Prepare your baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
2. PREPARE THE FISH FILLETS: Drizzle some olive oil on the parchment paper. Scatter 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder onto the parchment paper. Rinse the fillets, drain them, and pat them dry with a paper towel. Lay the fillets directly on top of the garlic powder.
3. Next, squeeze 1/2 lemon directly over the fish. Add a splash of white wine. Then scatter on top of each fillet with some sea salt, black pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. Then scatter with freshly chopped Italian parsley. Set it aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
4. MAKE THE LEMON SAUCE: In the meantime, melt butter in a small saucepan, add the fresh thyme, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice, and simmer for 1 minute. Stir to combine. Turn off the heat. Cover the pot to keep it warm.
5. BAKE: Place your baking dish on the center rack, and bake trout for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss some freshly chopped basil over the fish.
6. Serve trout on individual dinner plates, and spoon with lemon-butter sauce over each fillet and serve immediately.
Yields: 2 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 33gCarbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: .3gSugar: 1gProtein: 30.8g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Baby Red Potato Salad
- Best Lobster Sauce
- London Broil Grilled To Perfection
- Fast & Easy Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs
Hello friends! Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make our easy-baked trout recipe, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating on our recipe card. We’d love to hear from you! It helps all our readers who read your comments, and it helps us too!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our new recipes “FREE” every time we post, and a reminder of great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by…
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
xo anna and liz