Roasted Red Snapper Italian Style! This roasted red snapper Italian style is a rustic dish that is easy to make and it melts-in-your-mouth with every bite! Red snapper is a white meaty fish that’s super moist and juicy when roasted with extra virgin olive oil, fresh rosemary, Herbs de provence, garlic powder, lemon juice and wine. A wonderful recipe that is delicious, effortless and never disapoints!
Tips on Buying Red Snapper:
Every fishmonger offers an enticing array of fish on display and Red Snapper is available in many forms. So don’t be afraid to ask and select your preference:
Drawn: means the whole fish with internal organs removed, and may or may not be scaled.
Dressed: means it’s ready to cook with organs, scales, gills have been removed, including head and tail.
Steak: means it’s ready to cook, a crosscut slice 1/2 to 1-inch thick, also clean guts, head and tail removed.
Fillet: means ready to cook, it’s a bonelss piece cut from the side and away from the backbone, skinned and completely cleaned.
For this recipe, I prefer my red snapper to be in the form of the fillet. With fillets, the prep work is minimal. Just season it with some herbs, olive oil, and a lot of lemon juice, then roast for a few minutes with white wine and it’s ready to serve!
Just before I serve, I add an additional squeeze of lemon juice on top.
Roasted red snapper fillets cook up fast! With this recipe, they are ready to serve in less than 20 minutes.
Red snapper fillets are versatile, and you can easily saute, fry, poach, broil, bake or even roasted!
Most Italian seafood dishes are very simple, but always flavorful. Fresh herbs are always great with seafood recipes, but if you need to use dried ones, go ahead – they work well too.
Red Snapper comes from warm waters, and primarily from the Gulf of Mexico. It’s a red fish with red gills. The texture is delicate but firm, with a mild flavor that is sweet.
Lemon juice and white wine creates a flavorful and juicy fish, while fresh sprigs of rosemary along with a few more seasonings give this seafood dish its aromatic flavors.
It is SO good, this recipe for Roasted Red Snapper Italian Style will become a definite keeper!
Don’t forget to Pin this one to your Seafood Board!
More simple recipes for seafood? Try these:
Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata– Lightened!
Roasted Red Snapper Italian Style!
Recipe type: Dinner / Seafood
This roasted red snapper italian style is a rustic dish that is easy to make and it melts-in-your-mouth with every bite! A wonderful recipe that is delicious, effortless and never disapoints!
- 1 pound red snapper fillet
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove crushed)
- ¼ tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 2 to 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 large lemon - cut in half -divided
- ¾ cup white wine
- Preheat oven to Roast at 400 degrees F. Cover your baking pan with foil wrap.
- Season the red snapper fillet with sea salt and black pepper. Then lay the fish with skin side down.
- Drizzle olive oil over the snapper. Then squeeze ½ of a lemon over the fish. Reserve the other half of lemon for later.
- Scatter on top of the fish with garlic powder, fresh rosemary, and Herbs de provence.
- Set it aside to sit for a few minutes to marinate the fish, or until the oven is ready.
- Place red snapper ( uncovered) on the center rack.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Then open the oven, and slowly pour the white wine over the snapper. Close the oven and continue to roast for additional 5 to 6 minutes. Fish is done when meat is opague and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove and squeeze the other half of lemon juice on top.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish and pour the remaining juices from the pan onto the red snapper. Or serve directly from the pan (more casual and rustic). Serve immediately.
- Serves 2