Grilled Salmon Over Chilled Tomato Arugula Salad is an amazing seafood dish! Perfectly grilled salmon set over a crisp, ice-cold salad is totally refreshing and delicious! Summer is all about eating light and making meals that are easy and tasty!
An easy recipe that whips up in only a few minutes, and is perfect to serve as a light lunch or even dinner.
We love salmon, especially when we serve it over an ice-cold, super-chilled salad like this one! We used our juicy ripe tomatoes and a handful of fresh arugula, then added some chopped celery, red onion, and garlic.
We made a very simple vinaigrette with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, some fresh basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Then chilled the salad for a while before serving, allows the marinade to meld and work its magic.
No need to serve anything else, just some crusty bread and a glass of white wine, and it literally becomes the perfect meal.
Grilled Salmon is set over a crisp, ice-cold Chilled Tomato Arugula Salad made with celery, red onion, garlic, fresh arugula, and red juicy tomatoes, tossed in a sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
The key to this salmon recipe is to allow the salmon to marinate with some lemon juice and olive oil prior to grilling. Then grill the salmon to your preference, rare, medium, or well done.
And, it’s best to serve it on top of our crisp-cold tomato and arugula salad. YUM!
The tomato and arugula salad is the secret to giving a lot of flavor to the salmon, making it amazingly delicious with every bite. It absorbs all the flavors from the balsamic vinaigrette on the bottom.
It’s so good! We make this salmon dish over and over again. That’s why I had post this recipe today.
Take our word for it, this salmon dish is off-the-charts!
MORE TASTY SALMON RECIPES!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 medium-size Salmon Steaks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes- chopped
- 1 to 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 celery stalk - chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh basil - chopped
- pinch of dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the salmon: Lightly season salmon steaks with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice on top, and drizzle olive oil over them. Set them aside to marinate for about 1/2 hour.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, basil, oregano, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, celery, red onion, and arugula leaves. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and toss to mix well.
- Refrigerate the salad for about 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Grill salmon on an outside grill for about 3 to 5 minutes, or to your liking. You may grill salmon inside on a skillet, on stove-top.
- Transfer the tomato arugula salad onto a serving platter.
- Place the grilled salmon on top of the salad, and serve immediately.
- Serves 2 to 4
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 28.4gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 7.6gFiber: 2.2gSugar: 4.3gProtein: 23.8g