This easy, one-skillet shrimp spaghetti recipe is big on flavor and ready in just 20 minutes. Serve this delicious shrimp sauce over spaghetti or rice with a salad as the side for an impressive meal!
Let’s Talk About Easy Shrimp Spaghetti…
- The Time: It is an easy recipe even if you’re not a cook, you can pull this one off with confidence. Once you gather the 6 ingredients needed, you can make this simple dish in a matter of minutes.
- The Flavor: The shrimp is simmered in a few fresh ingredients that create a flavorful sauce. Then the sauce coats the strands of the spaghetti which makes this Italian seafood dish so enjoyable to eat.
- For Dinner: This simple recipe is ideal to serve your family; plus, it is elegant enough for a small dinner party, or a date night. (It is similar to our spicy shrimp recipe, also made in one skillet). And, it is such a favorite – you may want to keep it on your regular dinner rotation.
Watch Video: How to make easy shrimp spaghetti (1-minute)
Ingredients for easy shrimp spaghetti…
1. Shrimp: Choose either fresh or frozen raw shrimp. Make sure the shrimp is peeled and deveined and rinsed under cold running water for a few minutes.
2. Fresh Ingredients: Italian dishes are always exquisitely flavorful when fresh ingredients are used. Cherry tomatoes, cloves of garlic, and fresh Italian parsley are the simple ingredients that make the flavors pop with this shrimp dish.
3. Additional Ingredients: Choose good quality extra virgin olive oil, drinking white wine, crushed red pepper flakes, and sea salt are also used to flavor the shrimp.
Overview: How to Make Easy Shrimp Spaghetti?
*Our full printable recipe is below. But let’s discuss some of the steps before you get started.
- Prepare the shrimp. Rinse and allow the shrimp to drain well.
- Prep for the sauce. Dice the garlic, slice the cherry or grape tomatoes in halves, and finely chop some parsley.
- Make the sauce. In a skillet, you will need to saute the garlic in olive oil, then add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, fresh parsley, and sea salt.
- Cook the shrimp: Then the shrimp is added to the sauce, and you will need to flip each one until they are cooked through.
5. Boil the spaghetti: Cook spaghetti until al-dente, transfer it to the skillet with shrimp, and toss with the sauce until blended, then serve.
Additional Easy Dinner Ideas and Recipes…
- Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner
- Chicken Rollatini with Ham Cheese & Spinach
- Tuscan Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Tenders Smothered in Lemon
- Veal Piccata with Lemon and Capers
- Cod Livornese
- Pan-Seared Salmon with Relish
- 1 pound of raw shrimp - tails off and deveined, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, and extra
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves - diced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 21 cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) - sliced in halves
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup (any drinking) white wine
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) spaghetti
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil on moderate heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and fresh parsley. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sea salt. Cook the shrimp until the shrimp starts to turn opaque-pinkish. Flip over each shrimp and cook the other side., about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine, and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes more. Turn off the heat. Then stir an additional 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into the shrimp sauce. Taste the sauce, and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot filled with water to a full boil. Toss in 2 teaspoons of salt into the water. Add the spaghetti and cook the spaghetti 1 minute less than the directions on the package.
- When the spaghetti is ready, use a kitchen tong to transfer it to the shrimp sauce in a skillet. Toss spaghetti until blended with the shrimp sauce and serve.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings
See VIDEO in the post.
QUICK NOTES: To speed up the prep work, it is a good idea to buy the shrimp "already cleaned for you" with tails off and deveined. This way you only need to give them a good rinse and drain in a colander.
If frozen, be sure to thaw the shrimp before you begin.
Yield:3 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 10.3gCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4.1gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 15.2g
Are you cooking with us? If you make this delicious recipe for easy shrimp spaghetti, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram, and Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
Sign Up For Our Email List in our subscribe box… and get all new recipes “FREE” as they’re published.
thanks for stopping by… Happy Cooking!
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!