Chicken Rollatini with Ham Cheese and Spinach
Our Chicken Rollatini with Ham Cheese and Spinach is similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu only this one is made with skinless chicken cutlets stuffed with ham, cheese, and fresh spinach and rolled into a rollatini. Then baked until golden brown for a hearty, delicious chicken dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes!
This is one of the easiest recipes ever! All you have to do is prep and bake.
I haven’t made our usual chicken rollatini in a while and everyone has been craving for them lately.
Chicken Rollatini with Ham, Cheese and Spinach is a classic meal and pairs well with our moms best mashed potato pie, or with our oven steak fries.
For this recipe…
I decided to make a different chicken rollatini. I used Havarti cheese deli slices and all natural cured ham as part of my stuffing.
Havarti cheese is a soft cheese, and for me the taste is like a cross between a Swiss and mozzarella cheese. It melts very nicely and has a delicious flavor that works perfectly with my recipe.
I love the taste of it and since I didn’t have any mozzarella, I used it to replace the mozzarella.
Fresh spinach is always in my vegetable drawer, and thought to add some healthy greens as well.
Why not? It’s always a plus to add some in!
Also, these chicken cutlets were pretty large in size, so I felt one rollatini per person was enough. With this recipe, you can make as many servings you need.
You can easily make these chicken rollatini within minutes!
My Chicken Rollatini with Ham Cheese and Spinach always turns out juicy and tender.
This chicken dish is so delicious! And so easy. It’s a pleasure making dinner a little less stressful and more enjoyable.
All you really need is a green salad to go with it, a bottle of white wine and dinner is done!
Cook’s Notes and Tips:
You can use Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in this recipe. But keep mind you will need to season the chicken with some salt and pepper to taste.
You can also use panko bread crumbs (or gluten-free corn bread crumbs) with this recipe for a little extra crunch.
When making our bread crumb mixture, I prefer to use grated Pecorino-Romano cheese in my the mixture. Pecorino Romano cheese is a saltier cheese than Parmesan cheese and adds more flavor to the breadcrumbs and to the chicken.
If you use grated pecorino cheese, then there is no need to season the chicken cutlets with any salt!
*Follow along with our step-by-step instructions, or jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card!
Ingredients for Chicken Rollatini with Ham Cheese and Spinach:
To make our chicken rollatini with ham cheese and spinach, you will need:
4 large skinless, thin chicken cutlets
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
4 slices of Havarti Cheese
4 slices maple cured Ham
2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232C).
2. Rinse and drain chicken cutlets.
3. Lightly pound chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper, then season with some salt and pepper.
4. Use 3 bowls or 3 Breading Trays (as in photo) to work with, as shown below. In one tray, pour the olive oil. In the other tray, combine breadcrumbs with grated Pecorino-Romano cheese and dried parsley.
5. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
6. Dip each cutlet into the olive oil first, allow excess oil to drip back into the tray. Then dip into the breadcrumbs mixture and coat both sides.
7. Place each breaded cutlet onto the prepared baking sheet and set them side by side.
8. Place one slice of cheese on top of each chicken, then a slice of ham followed by a small handful of fresh spinach on top.
9. Roll each cutlet and set them down with seam side down. Lightly spray on top with olive oil.
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on oven. Remove and transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Thanks for PINNING!!
Additional Delicious Recipes for Chicken…
- Mom’s Best Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets (+Video)
- Chicken Pot Pie without Pie Crust
- Chicken with Arugula and Wine
- Easy Chicken Casserole (Cordon Bleu)
- Crispy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
If you try our recipe for chicken rollatini with ham cheese and spinach, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating in our recipe card!
Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Chicken Rollatini with Ham Cheese and Spinach
Chicken Rollatini are skinless chicken cutlets lightly coated in olive oil and breadcrumbs, stuffed with ham, cheese, and fresh spinach. Then baked until golden brown. Easy, delicious and ready in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 large skinless, thin chicken cutlets
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices of Havarti Cheese
- 4 slices maple cured Ham
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232C).
- Rinse and drain chicken cutlets.
- Lightly pound chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper, then season with some salt and pepper.
- Use 3 bowls or 3 Breading Trays (as in photo) to work with, as shown below. In one tray, pour the olive oil. In the other tray, combine breadcrumbs with grated pecorino cheese and dried parsley.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip each cutlet into the olive oil first, allow excess oil to drip back into the tray. Then dip into the breadcrumbs mixture and coat both sides.
- Place each breaded cutlet onto the prepared baking sheet and set them side by side.
- Place one slice of cheese on top of each chicken, then a slice of ham followed by a small handful of fresh spinach on top.
- Roll each cutlet and set them down with seam side down. Lightly spray on top with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on oven. Remove and transfer to a serving platter and serve.
- Serves 4
Chicken Rollatini can be reheated for 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave, or in the oven preheated at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Serving Size:1 chicken rollatini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 26.2gCarbohydrates: 9.1gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 39.5g
these look so good. how delish!
Thanks so much, Sherry! These are so good, everyone will enjoy them. I hope you will give them a try! 🙂
can you make these in advance? Like 24 hours before? and then pop them in the oven before dinner?
Yes Erica, ….Absolutely you can! Prep them, and wrap them tightly with clear wrap and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake them. You may need a few minutes more when baking them, but keep an eye on them.
Thanks for the reminder post! I’m pinning these so I remember to try them soon 🙂
Thank you for your support and friendship Susan!:)
Would it be better to close with a wood pick or is cheese enough to hold together? Based on your experience, can these be put together morning and baked in afternoon or night before, then baked? Trying to find easier way to bake 14. Baked partially the day before?
You can close them with a wood pick. And yes, you can prepare them in the morning, cover and refrigerate, then bake them in the afternoon or evening. I prefer (and think it’s best) to bake them the day before and reheat them the next day. Hope this helps! Thanks for stopping by!
Great, my preference for 14 would be baking day before. Any suggestions on reheating? Love your site. Thanks for info.
This looks simply wonderful and I^m sure it tastes even more so. A great dish to prepare for visitors as it's so visually attractive! A keeper for sure!
Thank you Sandra!! These rollatinis are impressive and most definitely scrumptious- your guests will love them – Have a great week!
Oh my, this looks very impressive and easy to do. I love visiting your site from time to time to get ideas for dinner. Thank you both for inspiring me to cook meals for my family of 5!
Thank you Katherine! It's so nice to meet you and welcome to our blog! Thank you for lovely comment.
Xo have a good day!
I'm going to have to try this soon. I know my family would love it.
Wow – these look so impressive. Perfect to serve when you have company coming over.
You make this look so easy and delicious. Yum! Have a great week.
So glad you reposted this recipe! Can't wait to try it and I bet my whole family will love it.
Thank you Tricia! Friends have been requesting this recipe- so I couldn't resist. Have a great day!