Flounder Filet Rollatini. Slices of flounder filets are lightly coated in egg and bread crumbs and stuffed with pesto sauce, provolone cheese, and rolled up into a rollatini, then baked until golden brown. The flounder is so light, tasty, and flavorful, this recipe will definitely transform everyday flounder fish filets into something spectacular!
You can serve Flounder Filet Rollatini with a large green salad, or serve it with spaghetti tossed with pesto sauce. It’s an easy seafood dinner that is ideal for a busy weeknight, and fancy enough to serve at a dinner party.
Best of all – it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Flounder filet is a white fish with a moist, flaky texture that melts in your mouth with every bite.
And, baked flounder fish = healthier!
Keep it simple.
Stuffing flounder filets with fresh pesto sauce and cheese will enhance and add lovely flavors to the fish. Here, I used provolone cheese, but you can use mozzarella cheese instead. I can tell you both kinds of cheese will give a delicious taste to the fish.
I made this flounder rollatini’s a few months ago and finally had a chance to post it today.
My inspiration for this recipe came from one of our loyal followers who wrote me to tell me she made one of my chicken rollatini recipes using flounder filet fish instead of chicken, and it turned out fantastic!
I just knew I had to try it!
Here’s a great Tip:
Pesto Sauce is something I make all year long and keep in a mason jar in my fridge. These days, pesto sauce is widely used as a wonderful condiment, and for so many recipes, adding to sandwiches, soups, chicken, fish dishes, and more.
Your family and friends will love this recipe for our Flounder Filet Rollatini.
I bet they will ask you to make them again.
Also, here is an easy recipe for Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce, just remember to omit the nuts.
Hope you’ll try this recipe!
Do you love Flounder? then try our…
… thanks for PINNING!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound of thinly sliced flounder filets, (about 5 to 7 slices)
- 2 eggs- lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- dash of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/4 pound of sliced provolone cheese
- Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using 3 Breading Trays ( as shown below), in the first tray, lightly beat eggs and milk.
- In the second tray, combine bread crumbs, both grated cheeses, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Transfer each breaded flounder filet onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place one or two slices of cheese on top (you can cut the cheese in halves to fit better) then spoon some pesto sauce on top.
- Roll each filet and set them down with seam side down. Lightly drizzle with olive oil over them to help keep them moist while baking. Or you can spray them with olive oil cooking spray,
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on oven. Remove and transfer to a serving platter and serve.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Serves 4 to 5