Ideas for Valentine’s Day! Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara
Ideas for Valentine’s Day! Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara is a pasta dish served with a delicate sauce made with a few ingredients! Whether you’re looking for a more intimate setting for your special Valentine’s Day meal or just trying to avoid the crowds in busy restaurants, preparing a romantic dinner for two at home might be easier than you think.
Here are some easy tips and Ideas for Valentine’s Day! And especially, How to Make a Romantic Valentine’s Dinner at home!
1. First, plan a menu that is simple and sincere. You want to be relaxed and engaged with your loved one rather than feeling anxious or stressed over preparing a fancy dinner.
2. Use really good quality ingredients when cooking traditional dishes. It makes the meal so much more special. Also, use fresh herbs to garnish some of the dishes; fresh basil and fresh parsley always makes a pretty presentation.
3. Set a simple table and light some candles to help create a romantic ambiance.
4. Play some soft romantic music in the background. We happen to love the music from the movie sound-track to “Sabrina” and on that soundtrack is even a ballad sung by Sting. So Romantic! …Take my word for it, it’s a fabulous CD!
5. Start with a simple green salad, and dress up the salad with a few dried cranberries, crushed walnuts or almonds, and crumbled goat cheese on top. Place some warm bread on the table.
6. Serve red wine at the table. Red wine is romantic, and it’s best served at room temperature; so no need to worry about chilling it beforehand.
7. Cook a simple dish like spaghetti with marinara sauce or spaghetti with shrimp marinara. You can even add a little heavy cream (about 1/4 cup) to the sauce to make it a “pink” sauce, and garnish it with some fresh basil on top. If desired, serve with some grated Pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese at the table.
8. And finally, don’t forget the dessert. It should be chocolate!
Easy Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries will do! Or try some vanilla ice cream, dress it up with fresh raspberries on top, a fresh mint leaf, and some chocolate sauce on the side.
Keep it simple and elegant!
Serve Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara and enjoy!
No matter how many times I make this shrimp dish, it always turns out perfectly cooked. It’s a simple technique that is really hard to screw up, so cooks of any skill level can master this spaghetti with shrimp marinara easily!
Make it a great one!
You may want to check out a few more delicious recipes: Easy Peasy Valentine’s Treats.
Have a sweet Valentine’s Day this weekend!
***** ****** *****
I am presently visiting my grandchildren in NY this week. It’s been so cold and snowing often- it’s brutal. But I am enjoying the kids so much, I really don’t mind.
In the meantime, I just had to share this precious photo of my grandson, who just turned 6 months old this past week.
Thanks for stopping by!
Great tips for celebrating Valentine's Day! Your little munchkin is adorable!!! I only have one grandchild and can't wait to see him again too!
Thanks Roz, I spent the entire week with the kids, and just had a blast! Now I am back in Charleston and think I brought the cold back down with me. Hope you are staying warm in this frigid weather we are having!
We always stay in for Valentine's Day- it's too crowded in restaurants on that day anyway. 🙂 This looks like a great stress free and delicious dish to serve. What a sweet grandbaby! I know you're enjoying your visit- gotta get in some good grandma time! 🙂
Absolutely Betty! Thank you Betty for the lovely compliment! Have a great weekend!
Your little Valentine is adorable!! I love the bow-tie 🙂 The east coast is certainly getting more than it's fair share this winter. Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe while you're gone. It looks delightful!
Thanks Sue! They predict more snow this weekend, yikes! We wish you and your family a very warm Valentine's Day this weekend! xo
These are such great tips!!
Thank you Joanne! Have a wonderful weekend! .. and Stay Warm!
Hope you're having a wonderful trip! Bring some snow down our way please – or let's get on with spring! I love the simplicity of this dish – and it looks wonderful! Not sure how I missed it!!! We are such fuddy-duddies we never go out for Valentine's Day. We wing it and do the best we can 🙂 What a gorgeous happy handsome baby! 6 months already 🙂 Enjoy as I know you will!
Thank you Tricia!
My husband and I usually have Valentine's Day dinner at home in order to avoid the crowds. This looks delicious! I love that it's light so I can spend my calories on the dessert afterwards. 🙂
Tina at http://www.tinaschic.com
Thank you Tina! We do too! I have such a sweet tooth, sometimes I could skip dinner and just to the dessert, lol…. Have a wonderful Valentine's day!
love this fancy but so doable dish! It looks amazing!
Hi Jessica! It's not fancy at all, but easy!! Just the way we like to cook, right?
I think we are having penne a la vodka this year…a touch fancy while still being totally doable! These are some great tips!
We love penne a la vodka ! Great dish and doable for a Valentine's dinner too! Have a great Valentine's Day!
This sounds like a recipe for a perfect evening!
Thanks Mary! Happy Valentine's Day !
And wear sexy underthings! Food and wine for a perfect evening! Great tips!
Thank you! We like the way you think! Lol…. Have a great weekend! Stay warm!
Looks wonderful!! Happy Valentine's Day!!
Thanks Mike! Have a great weekend!
Happy Valentine's Day to you both! I'd say you have given some sensible advice on how to enjoy a wonderful evening! Enjoy!
Hey Adri – Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Enjoy!