Spaghetti with Shrimp Olive Oil Garlic & Wine is a classic Italian seafood dish and one that is ready to serve in 20 minutes! This spaghetti with shrimp dish is a favorite in our home and hope it will be in yours too!
In our house, Christmas Eve, known as La Vigilia is about celebrating the birth of Jesus and serving seven types of seafood. Spaghetti with shrimp, olive oil, garlic, and wine is a classic Italian seafood dish and one you can enjoy cooking on Christmas Eve and throughout the rest of the year.
With only a few ingredients, you’ll be amazed how easy you can make this dish within minutes; and when served, it will surely impress your family and friends.
We’ll show you quick and easy steps on how to make this classic seafood dish. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and join us for a delicious recipe!
NOTES and TIPS FOR SUCCESS!
First, you can buy any size shrimp at your local fish market, and to save some time in the prep work (which would cost a few pennies more) is to have the shrimp cleaned before you take it home.
All you will need to do is give the shrimp a good rinse, and then allow to drain in a colander for a few minutes. And then the rest is easy!
Fresh ingredients are essential when making this dish incredibly delicious! Fresh parsley, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, and fresh shrimp is all you need to create this fabulous seafood dish.
Oh, and don’t forget the wine! The sauce is created when the wine is added, so we don’t want to leave that out. And finally, the last step is tossing the spaghetti into the shrimp sauce. Then serve!
Spaghetti with Shrimp Olive Oil Garlic & Wine can be served as a first course or even as an entree.
This shrimp dish is always packed with flavors and it’s high in protein. It is such a delicious dish and one your family and friends will go bonkers over!
It’s our favorite recipe for shrimp. So easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made this sooner.
* You can follow along with our step-by-step directions or jump down to the bottom for the full recipe card!
Ingredients For Spaghetti with Shrimp Olive Oil Garlic & Wine:
1 pound Large Fresh Shrimp – cleaned, deveined
1/3 cup olive oil
6 to 8 garlic cloves – sliced
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup fresh parsley – chopped
1/3 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound spaghetti, or GF spaghetti
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add sliced garlic and red pepper. Sauté for a few minutes, or until the garlic turns a golden color.
2. Add the shrimp, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they turn opaque or pink-ish color.
3. Add the white wine and parsley. Cover and simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Taste the sauce for salt, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In the meantime, bring a pasta pot filled with water to boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes. Just before you drain the pasta, reserve 1/4 cup of boiling water from the spaghetti and pour directly into the shrimp mixture.
5. Drain spaghetti and add the spaghetti directly into the skillet with shrimp. Mix until well combined.
6. Serve immediately.
Enjoy some of these recipes too!