Spaghetti with Shrimp Olive Oil Garlic & Wine is a classic Italian seafood dish and one so delicious and so easy to make. This recipe is a quick meal, made with shrimp along with white wine, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh parsley. You’ve got to love a restaurant-quality seafood dish that’s ready in 25 minutes!
With a few ingredients, you’ll be amazed how easy you can make this dish within minutes; and when you serve, it will surely impress your family and friends.
You may even enjoy our additional popular recipes: Easy Shrimp Dinner, and our Spaghetti with Lobster Tails Sauce. Both are easy and just as delicious!
We’ll show you Step-by-Step on how to make this classic seafood dish. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and join us for a delicious recipe!
In our house, we make this shrimp dish often, and especially on Christmas Eve, which is known as La Vigilia, celebrating the birth of Jesus and serving seven types of seafood. We serve it as our first course on Christmas Eve.
Besides the holidays, spaghetti with shrimp, olive oil, garlic, and wine is a seafood dish and one you can enjoy cooking all year long. It’s not only for Christmas Eve.
NOTES and TIPS FOR SUCCESS!
First, you can buy any size shrimp at your local fish market, and to save some time in the prep work (which would cost a few pennies more) is to have the shrimp cleaned before you take it home.
Then all you will need to do is give the shrimp a good rinse, and allow them to drain in a colander for a few minutes. And the rest is easy!
Fresh ingredients are essential when making this dish incredibly delicious! Fresh parsley, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, and fresh shrimp are all you need to create this fabulous seafood dish.
If you prefer a little more heat, you can add additional red pepper flakes to this recipe.
Always use High-Quality olive oil or extra virgin olive oil. Read the label on the bottle, it should say, olive oil from Italy or Greece, or Spain. Do not buy olive oil that mentions it’s a “blend of olives from many countries,” it is less quality and not very good tasting.
Oh, and don’t forget the wine! The sauce is created when the wine is added, so we don’t want to leave that out.
And finally, the last step is tossing the spaghetti into the shrimp sauce. Then drizzle with additional extra virgin olive oil over the spaghetti and serve!
Spaghetti with Shrimp Olive Oil Garlic & Wine can be served as a first course or even as an entree.
This shrimp dish is always packed with flavors and it’s high in protein. It is such a delicious dish and one your family and friends will go bonkers over!
It’s our favorite recipe for shrimp. So easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made this sooner.
* Follow our Step-by-Step directions or jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card!
Ingredients For Spaghetti with Shrimp Olive Oil Garlic & Wine:
1 pound Large Fresh Shrimp – cleaned, deveined
1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra
6 to 8 garlic cloves – sliced
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup fresh parsley – chopped
1/3 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound spaghetti, or GF spaghetti
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add sliced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for a few minutes, or until the garlic turns a golden color.
2. Add the shrimp and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they turn opaque or pink-ish color.
3. Add the white wine and parsley. Cover and simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Taste the sauce for salt, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In the meantime, bring a pasta pot filled with water to boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes. Just before you drain the pasta, reserve 1/4 cup of boiling water from the spaghetti and pour directly into the shrimp mixture.
5. Drain the spaghetti and add it directly into the skillet with the shrimp. Mix until well combined. If you prefer, you can drizzle with an additional tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over the spaghetti and shrimp.
6. Serve immediately.
… Thanks for Pinning!
Enjoy some of these additional recipes too!