Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara is an exquisite dish made with fresh shrimps sauteed in a delicious tomato sauce and tossed with spaghetti. Our shrimp marinara sauce is made with shrimp, Italian peeled tomatoes, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, and crushed red pepper. This Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara is flavorful and ready in 15 minutes! Elegant enough to serve on weekends and simple enough for weeknights!
This shrimp marinara recipe is a family favorite! And I enjoy cooking this one often, simply because this dish is very easy to make and the whole family loves it.
If you love shrimp for dinner, and you are planning a seafood dinner menu, you may want to consider serving this spaghetti with shrimp marinara as part of your main course.
You can easily serve our Perfect Mussels Provencale, or our Crab Cakes as the appetizer, and prepare the shrimp marinara sauce in advance and set it aside.
Then boil the pasta and toss them together when your ready to serve this dish as the main course.
It’s not a fancy dish, nor pretentious, but definitely a delicious one!
And, it makes a huge impression when serving guests at a dinner party.
The garlic and crushed red pepper give the shrimps just enough heat that complements the sweetness of the tomatoes, while it makes the shrimp more flavorful.
Plus, fresh herbs give the sauce its fresh taste and flavors – so don’t leave them out.
Cook’s Notes and Tips for Success!
When we buy canned tomatoes we always look for ones that have the label that says “product of Italy” on the can. We found that the best-tasting canned tomatoes come from San Marzano, a region in Italy. You will find these in most supermarkets.
For this recipe, we used the peeled tomatoes, instead of crushed tomatoes. We prefer to give the shrimp marinara sauce a plump juicy flavor and texture, giving it a fabulous savory taste!
Buying quality canned tomatoes from Itay will make a huge difference in flavor when cooking with these particular tomatoes.
Can we serve it with grated Parmesan Cheese? It’s not usually recommended, but you certainly can if desired.
*Full Recipe Card Below!
How To Make Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara…
1. In a large skillet, sauté olive oil and garlic for a few minutes over medium heat, until the garlic turns golden brown. Add red pepper flakes.
2. Next, add chopped tomatoes and fresh parsley. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring occasionally. Toss in the basil.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat. Cover and set aside.
5. Cook the spaghetti until it is al-dente (tender to the bite). Drain and toss with the shrimp marinara and serve!
Simple, easy to make, and delicious tasting!
Try our Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara and leave a comment below.
…and Buon Appetito!
…Thanks for Pinning!
More delicious and easy recipes for Seafood, try these:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp - peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves - sliced
- 1 (20 ounces) can of San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes- drained, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a large skillet, sauté olive oil and garlic together for about 2 to 3 minutes over medium to low heat, or until garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, sauté for 1 minute to fragrant the oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chopped fresh parsley.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat. Cover and set aside.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot filled with water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Toss in the spaghetti and cook spaghetti until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of boiling water and set it aside. Drain spaghetti. Return spaghetti back to the pot. Toss 2 tablespoons of butter into the spaghetti. And, add in the shrimp marinara and toss to mix. Then add in some reserved water a little at a time slowly. Toss together. Serve.
- Serves 4
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 19.7gCarbohydrates: 31.2gProtein: 6.6g