Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara is an exquisite dish made with fresh shrimp sautéed in a delicious tomato sauce and tossed with spaghetti. Our shrimp marinara sauce is made with shrimp, Italian peeled tomatoes, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, and crushed red pepper. This incredibly easy dish is ready in 15 minutes! Elegant enough to serve on weekends and simple enough for weeknights!
Shrimp Marinara Sauce…
This shrimp marinara recipe is a family favorite! And I enjoy cooking this one often, because this dish is very simple and easy to make, plus the whole family loves it.
If you love shrimp for dinner, and you are planning a seafood dinner menu, you may want to consider serving this spaghetti with shrimp marinara as part of your main course.
You can easily serve our Perfect Mussels Provencale, or our Crab Cakes as the appetizer, and prepare the shrimp marinara sauce in advance and set it aside.
Then boil the pasta and toss them together when you are ready to serve this dish as the main course.
It’s not a fancy dish, nor pretentious, but definitely a delicious one!
Best part? …it makes a huge impression when serving guests at a dinner party.
The garlic and crushed red pepper give the shrimps just enough heat that complements the sweetness of the tomatoes, while it makes the shrimp more flavorful.
Plus, fresh herbs give the sauce its fresh taste and flavor – so don’t leave them out.
Cook’s Notes and Tips for Success!
Choose best canned tomatoes, and always look for ones that have a label “product of Italy” on the can. We found that the best-tasting canned tomatoes come from San Marzano, a region in Italy. You will find these in most supermarkets.
For this recipe, we used the peeled tomatoes, instead of crushed tomatoes. We prefer to give the shrimp marinara sauce a plump juicy flavor and texture, giving it a fabulous savory taste!
Can we serve it with grated Parmesan Cheese? It’s not usually recommended, but you certainly can if desired.
(*Full Recipe Card Below!)
How To Make Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara…
1. In a large skillet, sauté olive oil and garlic for a few minutes over medium heat, until the garlic turns golden brown. Add red pepper flakes.
2. Next, add chopped tomatoes and fresh parsley. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring occasionally. Toss in the basil.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat. Cover and set aside.
5. Boil the spaghetti until it is al-dente (tender to the bite). Drain and toss with the shrimp marinara and serve!
Yields: 4 servings
Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara is incredibly simple, easy and positively delicious!
Try our recipe – it won’t disappoint!
Be sure to try our Spaghetti with Swordfish Sauce! It too is delicious!
…Don’t for to Pin it!
More delicious and easy recipes for Seafood? …try these:
- Spaghetti with Shrimp, Olive Oil, Garlic and Wine
- Spaghetti with Lobster Tails Sauce
- Easy Shrimp Dinner
- Best Lobster Sauce
- Pasta with Smoked Salmon in Creamy Sauce
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp - peeled, deveined, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves - sliced
- 1 (20 ounces) can of San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes- drained, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a large skillet, sauté olive oil and garlic together for about 2 to 3 minutes over medium to low heat, or until garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, and sauté for 1 minute to fragrant the oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chopped fresh parsley.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat. Cover and set aside.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot filled with water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Toss in the spaghetti and cook spaghetti until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of boiling water and set it aside.
- Drain spaghetti. Return the spaghetti back to the pot. Toss 2 tablespoons of butter into the spaghetti. Then add in the shrimp marinara and toss to mix. Next, add in some of the reserved salty water and toss together. Then serve.
- Serves 4
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 19.7gCarbohydrates: 31.2gProtein: 6.6g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Blueberry Lemon Oat Muffins
- Fast & Easy Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs
- Baked or Roast Branzino with Lemon
Hello friends, are you cooking with us? If you make this delicious spaghetti with shrimp marinara recipe, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like.
We’d love to see what you cook! 🙂
Also, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe box’ and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!