Mini Peppers Sauteed with Garlic are moist, juicy, and flavorful! These mini peppers are perfect to serve with any grilled meats, fish, or poultry. Eat them alone as a snack, or add them to sandwiches as a condiment. They’re simple, easy, and delicious!
Mini Peppers are sweet and delicious!
These little mini sweet peppers are also called lunchbox peppers and they come in packages with an assortment of colors.
They are perfect to serve as a side or as an appetizer. Either way, everyone loves these little sweet peppers with just about anything.
Similar to our easy-baked shishito peppers, only these are much sweeter and more delicious.
Why do we love these Mini Peppers?
- They’re super easy to make!
- They are so versatile and great to keep on rotation.
- Loaded with vitamin C.
- They’re low in calories and contain no fat.
- Chop and toss them “raw” into salads.
- Slice them up and serve them with your favorite party dip.
- Saute, stuff, roast, grill, or pickle them, everyone loves these little peppers.
No matter how you prefer to eat them, we prefer to saute these little guys to get the most flavor out of them.
Best of all, when you saute them, they will make your home smell delicious! Brings everyone into the kitchen to see what’s cooking. 🙂
How to Make these Mini Peppers Sauteed with Garlic?
- First, grab a large skillet. Add some olive oil and lots of fresh garlic. Open a bag of mini peppers and toss them into the skillet. Use a cover or a large splatter screen to place over them.
- Saute the peppers with some salt and garlic powder, and for a few minutes on moderate heat. Turning them over every so often, and saute them until they are slightly charred on both sides.
Do we need to remove the seeds?
No need to remove the seeds with this recipe. It’s not necessary. Just rinse the peppers, and toss them into a skillet with olive oil and garlic.
Can we make them ahead?
Yes! Make them ahead, and keep them covered until you are ready to serve them. Serve them at room temperature or serve them warm. They are easy to reheat.
Notes and Tips for Success:
Sauteing these little sweet peppers slowly is the key! They need a little time to get charred but definitely worth it.
No need to embellish them with additional ingredients, they are so flavorful all alone.
One pound package (16-ounces) will suffice for about 4 servings.
If you are planning to serve these mini peppers to your family and friends, we recommend you make 2 packages. After one taste, they will come back for more.
Mini Peppers are terrific to keep around and on rotation all spring and summer long.
Serve them as a side or as an appetizer. Add them to your charcuterie board for a splash of color, or serve them alone as finger food. They are so dang delicious!
Try them. … and enjoy!!
What to serve with these mini peppers…
- London Broil Steak Grilled To Perfection
- Perfect Veal Cutlet Milanese
- Flounder Filet Rollatini
- Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Lemon & Herbs
- Chicken Cutlets with Garlicky Asparagus
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 16-ounces of Mini Sweet Bell Peppers (reds, oranges, and yellow)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil, plus extra
- 5 to 7 cloves of garlic cloves - sliced
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- salt, and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on low heat.
- Add garlic and peppers, and cover with a large splatter screen.
- Sauté on moderately low heat, turning the peppers every few minutes until they are slightly charred and softened.
- Add salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Taste, and adjust the salt if you prefer.
- Before removing them, you may drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over them, about 2 teaspoons.
- Remove and transfer them to a serving platter and serve. Cover with foil wrap to keep them warm until you are ready to serve them.
- Serves 4
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1.6g
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|
|Total Sugars 4.1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|