Bow Tie Pasta with Peppers is a simple dish with farfalle tossed with sauteed red, yellow, and orange peppers. Delicious and a wonderful combo! Quick and easy, this bow tie pasta with colorful peppers is done in one skillet and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Our mom had a talent for cooking up recipes that were just so fabulous! And, this is one of those recipes she handed down to us!
As kids growing up, she insisted on feeding us vegetables as much as possible.
And since most kids hated their veggies, she decided to make meals that would include some kind of vegetable in the dish. She knew that if she could incorporate them into something kids would like to eat and not resist, that would be a success.
The one thing she knew it would always work … was PASTA!
A pasta dish every night with a vegetable was normal as our first course. She figured since all the kids in the house loved pasta, it was the only way to get us to eat our vegetables, and it worked!
This is how this bow tie pasta with peppers was born!
These days, I am following in her shoes, making all kinds of pasta dishes with vegetables in them.
Bow Tie Pasta with Peppers is an amazing colorful dish with bold flavors!
It’s positively delicious! The garlic and red pepper flakes give the peppers some heat as well as an aromatic flavor, making this bow tie pasta with peppers irresistible!
…Thanks for PINNING!
Looking for more Pasta with Vegetables…try these!
- 5 Bell Peppers - 2 reds, 2 yellows, 1 orange - chopped
- 1/2 pound of Farfalle Pasta
- 5 garlic cloves - sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Rinse peppers, slice open, each one and remove the seeds. Then chop all the peppers to about 1 inch in size.
- In a large non-stick skillet, and on medium heat, drizzle some olive oil, about 2 tablespoons.Add garlic slices and chopped peppers together. Saute on low heat for about 12 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Lower the heat, cover and continue to cook the peppers for a few minutes, turning often, until they are softened.
- Taste for salt and season with fresh cracked pepper to taste. When peppers are softened or even slightly charred to your liking, they are ready to be tossed with farfalle pasta. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepot fill 3/4 with water, bring water to boil, and add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water.
- Add the bow-tie pasta and cook it to directions on the package or until it's al-dente.
- Using a large slotted spoon, gently add the pasta to the skillet and turn on the heat under the skillet once more. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet with pasta and peppers. Sauté the pasta with the peppers for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
- Serve into individual bowl, add some grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 5 servings.
If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘subscribe box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy Cooking! 😉
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!