Pasta Cooked with Broccoli is made in 15 Minutes and in One-Pot! Baby broccoli florets are easily sautéed with extra-virgin olive oil and garlic, then cooked with spaghetti at the same time. With a few ingredients and one-pot, you’ll have an easy dinner ready to serve in 15 minutes!
The broccoli practically melts while cooking and creates a pesto-like sauce that works well with small pasta or with broken spaghetti as I have here.
Best of all, the kids will love this dish too!
Our family loves pasta dishes. I’ve been making this pasta dish for years and I love this one because it gets dinner on the table quickly, not to mention -serving in one-pot calls for easy cleanup.
Saving time and money.
We usually make this dish using fresh steamed broccoli, but this time we decided to use frozen broccoli florets. It’s an outstanding pasta dish!
So flavorful and delicious even my picky eater Maria loves this one!
Here’s a Great Tip:
You can make this dish using leftover steamed broccoli from the night before. So when we make a side dish of steamed broccoli, we make extra! Then turn the (leftover) extra broccoli into this pasta dish with broccoli for dinner.
Pasta is cooked with broccoli in 15 minutes! It is a very quick and easy way to put dinner on the table.
Plus, a huge benefit of having a green vegetable in there makes it even better!
This recipe makes enough for a large crowd, but you can cut the recipe in half for a family of four. Leftovers reheat beautifully the next day!
*Follow along below, or jump down to the bottom of this post for our full recipe card!
Pasta Cooked with Broccoli in 15 Minutes!
1 pound Thin Spaghetti – broken into pieces
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 to 7 garlic cloves – sliced in halves
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 tsp. salt
2 packages of frozen Baby Broccoli Florets
5 cups of water
Parmigiano-Reggiano grated cheese, for serving
1. In a large pasta pot, heat olive oil with garlic cloves and crushed red pepper flakes, until garlic turn golden brown.
2. In the meantime, open the packages of broccoli and pour them into a colander and rinse under cool water for about 1 minute. Allow draining well.
3. When garlic is golden brown, add the broccoli and stir for about 2 minutes.
4. Add salt and 5 cups of water.
5. Bring to a boil. Add spaghetti to the broccoli mixture and stir occasionally.
6. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. When the water is almost absorbed, taste the pasta, it should be al-dente or to your liking. If you need to add more water, add 1/4 cup each time until the pasta is cooked.
7. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. When spaghetti is done, transfer into individual pasta bowls and serve immediately. Add some Parmigiano cheese on top and enjoy!
Serves 6 to 8
More Tasty Pasta Recipes!
…Thanks for Pinning!