One-Pot Pasta Recipe
This is one of the easiest pasta recipes you’ll find. One-Pot Pasta Recipe with garlic and sundried tomatoes is extremely flavorful. Made with 5 ingredients, including the pasta, which is all cooked in the same pot, making dinner quick and easy! A delicious meal that’s ready in 20 minutes! How great is that?
An Easy Weeknight Meal…
- This is a pasta dish that will satisfy everyone’s palate! Very flavorful and super easy to make.
- Plus, this one-pot pasta recipe is ideal for those who don’t have the time to fuss too much to make a delicious meal.
- Everything is cooked in one pot – including the pasta!
- It’s budget-friendly and this recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd.
- Best part? The clean-up is a breeze!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ONE-POT PASTA RECIPE:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: we recommend a good quality olive oil with this recipe. It will make a huge difference in flavor.
Garlic Cloves: fresh garlic is always best when making pasta dishes.
Sundried Tomatoes in Oil: we prefer sundried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, and already chopped.
Vegetable Broth: will give more flavor to the pasta as it is cooking.
Gemelli Pasta: it is an imported Italian pasta with a tight curly twist and it is perfect for this dish.
Fresh Basil: fresh basil at the end will give a fresh flavor to this dish.
Seasonings: some salt and crushed red pepper are all you really need to make the flavors pop, and a little heat doesn’t hurt either.
Optional: you can stir in some grated pecorino cheese, or serve it on the table, instead.
How to Make this One-Pot Pasta Recipe?
You will need one large and deep skillet for this recipe. This pasta dish is great for a quick dinner. Plus, (if you wish) you may add additional veggies and/or some protein with this recipe.
1. Saute the Garlic – saute the garlic in olive oil for about one minute.
2. Toss in the Sundried Tomatoes – saute along with the garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the Liquids – pour in the vegetable broth and water. Add the seasonings and bring to a boil.
4. Toss in the Gemelli pasta – and cook the pasta until al-dente. The liquid will be entirely absorbed.
5. Finally, drizzle with remaining olive oil and toss in fresh basil and serve! Optional: I stirred in some grated pecorino cheese before serving. But if you prefer, you can serve it at the table.
.. and ENJOY!!
Questions and Answers…
1. Can we use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth? Yes, you can and equal amount.
2. How long does it take to cook Gemelli pasta? Gemelli is a tight curly twist pasta and will take about 9 to 10 minutes to cook to al-dente (tender to the bite). I only measured 3 cups of this pasta to cook in the skillet (not the entire package).
3. What can we substitute for fresh basil? You can use fresh chopped parsley instead of basil.
4. Can we use cayenne pepper in place of crushed red pepper? Yes, of course. If you enjoy adding in some heat, then yes! Add in a dash or two. Otherwise, you can omit it completely and it will be fine.
5. Can we add in additional sundried tomatoes? Yes! After the pasta is fully cooked and ready to serve, you may toss in additional sundried tomatoes in oil if you prefer more flavor. No need to cook them.
Additional Quick and Easy One-Pot Pasta Recipes!
- Easy Skillet Tortellini Dinner
- Pasta with Creamy Cauliflower
- Spaghetti with Zucchini (alla Nerano)
- Pasta with Broccoli in 15 mInutes!
- Tuscan Creamy Chicken Pasta (+Video)
- Pasta with Baby Peas
- Cacio e Pepe Recipe
One-Pot Pasta Recipe
One-Pot Pasta Recipe is one of the easiest dinners you'll ever make! Loaded with 5 ingredients including garlic and sundried tomatoes making dinner quick and easy - even the pasta is cooked in the same pot! Dinner is ready in a snap!
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 3 large garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 cup packed with chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2.5 cups of vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup of water, plus extra as needed
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups (8 to 10-ounces) of uncooked Gemelli pasta
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 5 to 7 freshly chopped basil leaves
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. of grated pecorino cheese, and extra for serving
- In a large deep skillet, (10-inch x 3-inch deep) heat on moderate heat, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and add the minced garlic. Saute for one minute.
- Toss in the sundried tomatoes and continue to saute for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, water, and salt. Raise the heat and bring it to a boil.
- Toss in the pasta and stir the pasta to avoid it sticking together. Cook Gemelli pasta for about 9 minutes, stirring it occasionally, and until it is al-dente (tender to the bite). Taste the pasta, and add some fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Toss in freshly chopped basil. Stir to combine, then serve.
- Optional: you can stir in 2 tablespoons of grated pecorino cheese into the pasta before serving, or use it at the table, for serving.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings
Keep in mind, that if the pasta is not ready and the liquid has been entirely absorbed, you may add additional water ( about 1/4 cup or less) to finish cooking the pasta.
Yield:3 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 13.6gSaturated Fat: 1.9gCarbohydrates: 49.4gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 4.8gProtein: 10.5g
Thanks for PINNING!
That’s it friends! If you try our One-Pot Pasta Recipe, let us know and leave a comment below, and give us stars on our recipe card.
Have fun and snap a photo, hashtag it on Instagram or on Pinterest, and be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you make and share it with the world! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and be the first to get our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz