20 Easy Shrimp Recipes
20 Easy Shrimp Recipes for you to choose from. Shrimp is one of the easiest shellfish to cook, besides it is less expensive than lobster and crab these days. So take a look! These 20 easy shrimp recipes are ideal for any busy weeknight and weekend meals.
When it comes to shellfish, we love them all!
From mussels to little neck clams, lobster salads, and crab cakes, what we adore most are these recipes for shrimp.
Plus, to make any of our recipes with ease, we recommend buying already deveined and cleaned shrimp. You’ll find them readily available in all major supermarkets or local seafood markets.
Five Different Methods of Cooking Shrimp…
1.Boiling: This is a common method of cooking shrimp, especially for shrimp salads and shrimp cocktails. Also, it’s common for an old-fashioned shrimp boil.
2. Baking: Some recipes require baking the shrimp with a simple sauce, like our recipe for easy-baked shrimp scampi dinner.
3. Sauteing: This is a simple method for using a skillet. As a result, sauteed shrimp is often tossed with some pasta or cooked rice.
4. Grilling: Perfectly grilled shrimp on the barbecue is easy and often enjoyed during the spring and summer months.
5. Frying: This is a common method for battered fried shrimp served with chips or French fries.
Notes and Tips for Shrimp…
- Whether you cook shrimp on the stovetop, in the oven, or on the barbecue, you will need to rinse and drain them thoroughly.
- Keep in mind, like all other crustaceans, shrimp cooks up quickly, so you will need to keep an eye on them.
- Avoid over-cooking shrimp, or they will turn out tough and even lose some of their flavors.
Here are OUR 20 EASY RECIPES FOR SHRIMP…
From appetizers to dinners, try one or try them all. We’re sure you’ll find something!
For delicious appetizers…
These are simple, yet very impressive recipes for shrimp appetizers. They all can be made ahead and chilled hours before family and friends arrive.
- Shrimp Cocktail with Vodka Sauce ~ This shrimp cocktail is made with poached shrimp, served chilled in individual glasses with a spicy vodka cocktail sauce. An elegant presentation, and easy to prepare.
- Shrimp Cocktail with Jalapeno Peppers ~ The jalapeno peppers add enough heat to the shrimp making them addicting and giving this shrimp dish such an incredible aromatic taste with a kick!
- Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad ~ Is loaded with shrimp, mango, jicama, and avocado, and tossed with a zesty lemon vinaigrette and cilantro. Because it is so good, you’ll get rave reviews!
- Easy Italian Shrimp Salad ~ This shrimp salad is extremely light. It is not made with a lot of heavy mayonnaise to weigh it down. Perfect for serving as a summer appetizer or side dish.
Easy recipe for lunch, salads, and sides…
These are only a few ideas for you to choose from. But we can guarantee these recipes are all winners!
- Easy Shrimp Bisque ~ This rich, thick soup is loaded with Argentine red shrimp and vegetables. Ready in 16 minutes, this bisque is pureed into a silky soup that’s cozy, comforting, and delicious!
- Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant ~ A delicious lunch to serve on a warm, crispy, flaky croissant will cajun flavors.
- Summer Lobster or Shrimp Rolls ~ Loaded with chopped shrimp (or lobster), and vegetables, tossed with a light lemon vinaigrette and mayonnaise, make these rolls taste amazing! We make it all summer long, they are that good!
- Shrimp and Calamari Salad ~ It’s an easier version of an Italian seafood salad. Each bite is juicy, refreshing, and lemony.
- Best Shrimp and Green Bean Salad ~ Shrimp and green beans, a delicious combination, will make the perfect addition to your menu for an easy salad.
Try these amazing shrimp dinner recipes…
When it comes to making dinner, nothing beats a fabulous shrimp recipe. Right? But what’s even better, is getting dinner to the table in a snap!
- Spicy Shrimp Recipe (10-Minutes) ~ This spicy shrimp recipe will give you that ‘wow” factor with your first bite.
- Easy Shrimp Dinner ~ Argentinian shrimp, along with fresh spinach, peppers, and cheese are all tossed with linguine pasta. Best of all, it creates a delicious dinner that’s ready in under 20 minutes! YUM!
- Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner ~ Our buttery-garlic wine sauce is what makes this dish so exquisite! Baked – which means the oven does all the cooking for you.
- Shrimp Over Creamy Polenta – Italian Style! ~ This is an “Italian version” of Shrimp and Grits and it is exquisite!
- Wild Rice with Lemon Garlicky Shrimp ~ Like all shrimp dishes and recipes we tend to cook, the secret is always in the sauce. A delicious meal to serve any day of the week.
- Spaghetti with Shrimp Marinara ~ A delicious meal with shrimp and tomato sauce tossed with spaghetti. Flavorful and ready in 15 minutes!
For low-carb shrimp recipes…
Here are a few of our favorite low-carb meals for you to enjoy.
- Shrimp Boil with Spicy Sauce ~ This is a popular “peel and eat” shrimp recipe! Perfect served as an appetizer or as the main course. Serve it with a spicy sauce or melted butter along with a side of corn on the cob.
- Grilled Jumbo Shrimp ~ Grilling jumbo shrimps are easier than you may think. Our simple recipe and method allow their natural flavors to come through, creating the most flavorful shrimp ever!
- Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp ~ A great way to sneak veggies by swapping out the pasta for this healthy vegetable.
- Best Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs ~ The marinade has wonderful citrus flavors from lemon and lime mixed with Worcestershire sauce, making these kabobs delicious tasting.
- Grilled Shrimp over Arugula Salad ~ This is an amazing-tasting salad and one you’ll want to make over and over again.
If you love seafood… also try these!
Don’t forget to Pin it to your Seafood Board!… thanks!
More Favorite Recipes…
If you love these delicious and easy shrimp recipes, then check out these recipes next:
- Most Popular Bread Recipes
- 14 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner
- 10 Most Popular Eggplant Recipes
- 25 Easy Easter Dinner Recipes
- 11 Easy Recipes for Frozen Artichokes
- 28 Best Summer Salad Recipes
- 10 Healthy Vegetable Soups
In case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR RECIPES OF THE WEEK:
- Fast & Easy Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs
- Classic Panna Cotta
- Easy Baked Swordfish
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
That’s it, friends!
If you try any of our 20 Easy Shrimp Recipes, let us know and leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you! It helps everyone who reads them, and it helps us too.
Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes! Enter your email in our “Subscribe Box” and never miss a recipe! Get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe, plus reminders of great older ones too!
For more delicious ideas, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
xo anna and liz