Light and delicious tasting, this Easy Italian Shrimp Salad will not disappoint! If you are looking for an amazing-tasting shrimp salad, this recipe is for you! Easy Italian Shrimp Salad is a classic seafood dish you can enjoy eating any time of the year. Loaded with shrimp plus 5 additional ingredients, it’s jam-packed with fresh flavor, making this our go-to recipe for shrimp salad!
Our Mom’s Shrimp Salad…
- This recipe for shrimp salad is so incredibly simple to make, all you need is some shrimp, lemon juice, celery, carrots, red onion, and a touch of mayo.
- Our easy Italian shrimp salad is extremely light because it’s not made with a lot of heavy mayonnaise to weigh it down.
- It is an easy recipe but makes a big impression!
- And it is a great seafood salad to serve for lunch or dinner. If you enjoy seafood salads, you may want to try our shrimp and calamari salad; it too is delightful!
So be sure to check it out.
What Ingredients go into our Shrimp Salad?
- Shrimp – fresh shrimp from the fish market works best, and for the best flavor.
- Vegetables – fresh celery, carrots, and red onion gives the fresh flavors and crunch to our salad.
- Lemon juice – use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor. We do not recommend using bottled lemon juice, since it is loaded with additives and doesn’t offer a fresh flavor.
- Salt – use sea salt or kosher salt works best.
- Mayonnaise – you will only need 2 tablespoons for our recipe.
- Sugar – a small amount of sugar to balance out the acidity.
I can honestly tell you that everyone who tries our mom’s Easy Italian Shrimp Salad – loves it, hands down!
It’s not only a delicious-tasting salad, but it is low calorie and low fat. What could be better?
Plus, if you take the time to chop up the shrimp into smaller pieces, it’s ideal to make shrimp salad sandwiches or even a shrimp salad wrap!
How to Make our mom’s easy Italian Shrimp Salad?
Once the shrimp is cooked, the rest is easy!
- First, you’ll need some fresh or frozen shrimp that’s been cleaned, rinsed, and deveined.
- Next, bring a pot of water to boil, and toss in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until it turns opaque-pink.
- Drain the shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp into a bowl, add all the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Then chill the shrimp salad for a few hours before serving. That’s it!
TIPS for the best Easy Italian Shrimp Salad…
- Try serving this delicious shrimp salad as an appetizer, alone or on top of some crusty bread. It’s perfect when entertaining with family and friends, and especially while dinner is getting prepared.
- Cover with clear wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for at least a few hours before serving. This will allow the shrimp to marinate and become juicy and flavorful.
- Always serve it chilled.
How Long Can You Keep Shrimp Salad?
- You can make shrimp salad up to two days ahead of serving.
- It is best to store shrimp salad in a sealed container and kept chilled for up to 2 days, refrigerated.
Can We Freeze Shrimp Salad?
- We do not recommend freezing shrimp salad. It is not a dish that will keep its fresh taste after it has been frozen.
- Seafood salads are best to serve the day it’s made.
Zesty and full of flavor, our recipe for shrimp salad is a tried and true recipe!
Simple. Easy. Delicious!
Also, try our Fresh Cod Fish Salad and our Summer Lobster or Shrimp Rolls!! You might enjoy our favorite Seafood Salad. They too are positively delicious!
Have a great day!
Try this recipe, it won’t disappoint!
A few more easy and delicious seafood salads…
- Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad
- Fresh Cod Fish Salad
- BEST Shrimp and Green Bean Salad
- Shrimp and Calamari Salad
- Refreshing Tomato Salad with Tuna
- Shrimp Cocktail with Jalapeno Peppers
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 pound large fresh Shrimp - cleaned, deveined, cut in halves
- 2 celery stalks - diced
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1/4 cup red onion - diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large lemon - juiced
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- sea salt or kosher salt
- optional: fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Clean and devein shrimp, cut off, and discard tails.
- In a bowl, run cold water over the shrimp and rinse well for a few minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Fill a medium-size pot with water, and bring water to a low boil on the stovetop.
- Add the shrimp, and boil the shrimp for about 3 minutes, until the shrimp have turned pink.
- Drain shrimp in a colander for a few minutes, and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the celery, carrot, red onion, mayonnaise, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp, some salt, and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. This will allow all the flavors to marinate with the shrimp. Best served chilled.
- Serves 4 to 6
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 2.9gCarbohydrates: 4.3gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 17.4g