Easy Italian Shrimp Salad is a classic seafood dish you can enjoy eating anytime of the year. Mom’s shrimp salad is so amazingly light, it’s made with fresh shrimp, lemon juice, celery, carrots, red onion, and a touch of mayo.
It is so light because it’s not made with a lot of heavy mayonnaise to weigh it down. Just a simple recipe that makes a big impression! Great to serve for lunch or dinner.
It’s summer! Sometimes I just want something different other than eating pizza or pasta dishes on meatless Fridays (and meatless Mondays) and this is a nice change.
I can honestly tell you that everyone who tries our mom’s Easy Italian Shrimp Salad – loves it, hands down! It’s healthy, low calorie and low fat. What could be better? And, if you take the time to chop up the shrimp into smaller pieces, it’s ideal to make shrimp salad sandwiches or even a shrimp salad wrap!
We love serving this shrimp salad as an appetizer with some crusty bread next to it. It works wonders when entertaining with family and friends. Best to serve Italian Shrimp Salad chilled.
THANKS for PINNING!
Also try our Fresh Cod Fish Salad or our Summer Lobster or Spring Rolls!! Maybe you’ll even want to try our favorite Seafood Salad. They’re lemony delicious! Have a great day!
xo Anna and Liz
Easy Italian Shrimp Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
Easy Italian Shrimp Salad is a classic seafood dish you can enjoy eating anytime of the year. Shrimp salad is amazingly light, delicious and makes a big impression!
- 1 pound large fresh Shrimp - cleaned, deveined, cut in halves
- 2 celery stalks - diced
- 1 carrot - diced
- ¼ cup red onion - diced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon -juiced
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and devein shrimp, cut off and discard tails.
- In a bowl, run cold water over the shrimp and rinse well for a few minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- In a medium pot filled with water, on medium heat, bring water to boil.
- Add the shrimp, and boil shrimp for about 3 minutes, until shrimp has turned to pink.
- Drain in a colander for a few minutes, allowing to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the celery, carrot, red onion, mayo and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp, some salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Cover with clear wrap. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. This will allow all the flavors to marinate with the shrimp.
- Serves 4 to 6