Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant is a delicious lunch served on a warm, crispy, flaky croissant filled with a creamy shrimp salad. The Cajun mayonnaise (that has a nice kick to it), along with sliced tomatoes and crispy red lettuce makes this sandwich creamy delicious!
Last week my sister and I decided to go downtown Charleston to get a quick bite in a quaint little restaurant. I was in the mood for a salad, but on the menu, this shrimp salad with cajun mayo on toasted croissant caught my attention.
I just knew I had to try it. And, so glad I did!
It was SO good. I loved it so much, I decided I wanted to try to duplicate the recipe at home.
Our waitress was so kind and sweet, she wrote down the ingredients for me. But, it was up to me to figure out the amounts and measurements. Of course.
* Full Recipe Card Below…
Ingredients for Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo:
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 tsp. Cajun seasonings, (I used Frontier Cajun seasonings)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 small lemon- juiced
1/4 cup minced red onion
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp. capers
1/4 cup minced celery
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 to 6 bakery croissants
1 small head of red lettuce, rinsed and dry with a paper towel
2 ripe tomatoes-sliced
salt and pepper to taste
How to make this Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo:
1. For the Cajun mayo dressing, I used Cajun seasonings and mixed them with mayonnaise.
2. Then add in some lemon juice, capers, red onions, celery, fresh parsley, and cayenne pepper to balance out the spiciness of the seasonings.
3. For the shrimp: I boiled some fresh shrimp, chopped it, and chilled it for a few minutes under the ice. Keep in mind, you can eliminate this step and use already cooked shrimp for this recipe, making it fast and easy!
4. Next, combine all the ingredients together, cover, and chill the shrimp salad for about an hour before making the sandwiches.
A Quick Tip…
The day before I made this salad, I bought some fresh croissants at Publix supermarket in their bakery section (the large ones) and only reheated them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get them warm and crispy.
5. Then slice each croissant in half, topped with some shrimp salad, fresh lettuce, and slices of tomato, and served!
Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant turned out great!
This recipe makes enough shrimp salad for about 4 to 6 sandwiches.
Simple recipe and easy enough to make these delicious shrimp salad sandwiches ahead of time. Perfect to serve friends and family for lunch, or a light dinner!
Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant is definitely a keeper! An excellent choice to make for a Sunday brunch too. Try this recipe. It won’t disappoint!
…Thanks for Pinning!
MORE Delicious Shrimp Recipes…
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasonings, (I used Frontier Cajun seasonings)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon- juiced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 bakery croissants
- 1 small head of red lettuce, rinsed and dry with a paper towel
- 2 ripe tomatoes-sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
To Cook the Shrimp:
- Pour 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan over high heat. When water boils add the shrimp and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Shrimp is cooked when it turns pink and is tender to the touch. Drain well. Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow shrimp to cool.
- Then place the shrimp in the refrigerator to chill, at least 30 minutes.
- When the shrimp are cold, chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Then transfer them to the mixing bowl, and add red onion, parsley, capers, celery, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Make the Croissant Sandwiches:
- When ready to make the sandwiches. Place croissants in a toaster oven for about 2 to 3 minutes, until warm and lightly toasted. Slice croissants in half.
- Place a large piece of lettuce on the bottom of each croissant. Add one or two slices of tomato. Spread some shrimp salad on top. Add another piece of lettuce on top and close the sandwich. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4 to 6 Croissant Sandwiches