Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant is perfect for a light lunch or dinner! Served on a warm, crispy, flaky croissant filled with a creamy shrimp salad, mixed with a Cajun mayonnaise (that has a nice kick to it), and topped with sliced tomatoes and crispy red lettuce is just amazing! Creamy delicious, your family will love the new flavors this shrimp salad sandwich has to offer!
A few years ago my sister Liz flew down to Charleston for a quick weekend and we went downtown to have lunch in a quaint little restaurant. I was in the mood for a salad, but then this shrimp salad with cajun mayo on toasted croissant under the sandwich menu caught my attention. I just knew I had to try it.
It was SO good! And because I loved it so much, I decided I wanted to try to duplicate the recipe at home.
Our waitress was so kind and sweet, she wrote down the ingredients for me. But, it was up to me to figure out the amounts and measurements. Of course!
For the Cajun mayo dressing, I decided to use Cajun seasonings and mixed it with mayonnaise. Then added some lemon juice, capers, red onions, celery, fresh parsley and cayenne pepper to balance out the spiciness of the seasonings. And I have to tell you, it tasted pretty darn good.
To prepare the shrimp, I boiled some fresh shrimp, chopped it and chilled it for a few minutes under ice. Keep in mind, you can eliminate this step and use already cooked shrimp for this recipe, making it fast and easy!
Next, combine all the ingredients together, cover and chill the shrimp salad for about an hour before making the sandwiches.
Earlier in the week, I had bought some fresh croissants at Publix supermarket in their bakery section (the large ones), and only reheated them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get them warm and crispy.
Then I sliced each one in half, topped with some shrimp salad, fresh lettuce and slices of tomato and served!
Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant turned out great! They were so YUM-MY!
This recipe for the shrimp salad is enough to make at least 4 to 6 sandwiches.
Simple recipe and easy enough to make these delicious shrimp salad sandwiches ahead of time. Perfect to serve friends and family for lunch or a light dinner!
This recipe for Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant is definitely a keeper! An excellent choice to make for a Sunday brunch too. Try this recipe! It won’t disappoint.
Thanks for Pinning!
Feel free to leave a comment and a star rating below. We’d love to hear from you.
For More Shrimp Salad Recipes? Try our Easy Italian Shrimp Salad and follow us on Instagram and on Pinterest.
Oh and don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive new recipes FREE every time we post!
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant
Recipe type: Lunch / Sandwich
Serves: 4 to 6
Shrimp Salad with Cajun Mayo on Toasted Croissant is perfect for lunch! Served on a warm, crispy, flaky croissant that is filled with a creamy shrimp salad, mixed with a Cajun mayonnaise (that has a nice kick to it), and topped with sliced tomatoes and crispy red lettuce is just amazing! Creamy delicious, your family will love the new flavors this sandwich has to offer!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp. Cajun seasonings, (I used Frontier Cajun seasonings)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon- juiced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. capers
- ¼ cup minced celery
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 bakery croissants
- 1 small head red lettuce, rinsed and dry with paper towel
- 2 ripe tomatoes-sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
To Cook the Shrimp:
- Pour 4 cups of water in a medium sauce pan over high heat. When water boils add the shrimp and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Shrimp is cooked when it turns to pink and its tender to the touch. Drain well. Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow shrimp to cool.
- Then place the shrimp in the refrigerator to chill, at least 30 minutes.
- When the shrimp are cold, chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Then transfer them to the mixing bowl, and add red onion, parsley, capers, celery, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Make the Croissant Sandwiches:
- When ready to make the sandwiches. Place croissants in a toaster oven for about 2 to 3 minutes, until warm and lightly toasted. Slice croissants in half.
- Place a large piece of lettuce on the bottom of each croissant. Add one or two slices of tomato. Spread some shrimp salad on top. Add another piece of lettuce on top and close the sandwich. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4 to 6 Croissant Sandwiches