Spicy Shrimp Recipe (10-Minutes). An exquisite dish, this spicy shrimp recipe is also known as Shrimp Arrabbiata or Shrimp Fra Diavolo and it is easily cooked in a skillet and ready in 10 minutes.
Sweet cherry tomatoes plus 5 additional ingredients make up for a savory, rich, and spicy sauce. Served over “thin spaghetti” to make this dish exceptional …it’s perfect!
Most of the time, Italian cooking requires simple ingredients and only a few kitchen items.
For this recipe, you will only need ONE skillet, a pair of kitchen tongs, and a pot to boil the pasta.
Simple. Easy. and Flavorful! …It is exquisite. This spicy shrimp recipe will give you that ‘wow” factor with your first bite.
A delicious dinner that is easy to make, is our kind of cooking.
Serve it with some crusty French bread and a healthy green salad and dinner is done. An ideal meal for any weekend or date night.
Your family will love you for it! 😉
What you’ll need to make our Spicy Shrimp Recipe (10-Minutes)…
- Large Shrimp – already cleaned and deveined (about 20 to 23 shrimps). You can use frozen shrimp or pick them up at your local seafood market. But if frozen, thaw completely, rinse, and drain.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – we prefer to use good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Garlic Cloves – fresh garlic works best with this recipe.
- 1 Can of Cherry Tomatoes – one 14-ounce can – rinsed and drained.
- Kalamata Olives – only a few to give a subtle flavor, but not overpowering.
- White Wine – any good drinking white wine is preferred to enhance the sauce (see my notes at the bottom).
- Fresh Parsley – is a must when cooking with seafood.
- Thin Spaghetti – works best with our spicy shrimp recipe.
How To Make Our Spicy Shrimp Recipe?
A few easy steps to follow to make this shrimp dish in a matter of minutes. (*Full printable recipe card below!)
1. Turn on moderate heat, under the skillet. Pour the olive oil into a skillet and toss in the garlic.
2. Toss in crushed red pepper flakes. Saute for about 2 minutes, to fragrant the olive oil.
3. Add in the clean shrimp. Season the shrimp with some salt.
4. Cook shrimp for about 1 minute, then turn each one over and continue to cook.
5. Next, open one (14-ounces) can of cherry tomatoes. And place them into a small colander and rinse them.
6. Then toss them into the skillet with the shrimp.
7. Finally, toss in the fresh parsley, kalamata olives, and white wine. Cover with a lid, and simmer on low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
8. Meanwhile, cook the thin spaghetti until it is tender to the bite. Do not overcook it, or it will be mushy. reserve about 1/4 cup of pasta water. Stir it into the skillet with shrimp sauce. Drain the spaghetti and toss it with the spicy shrimp and serve.
Take our word for it – this recipe for our Spicy Shrimp dish is DIVINE!
.. and ENJOY!!
Q & A… plus Tips for our Spicy Shrimp Recipe…
- What kind of white wine? You can use any drinking white wine, such as Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or Sauvignon Blanc.
- What if shrimp are frozen? Allow time to completely thaw the shrimp, then rinse under cold running water to remove excess iodine from them. Then drain the shrimp in a colander.
- Where can we find canned cherry tomatoes? Supermarkets and even Amazon sell various brands of canned cherry tomatoes.
- Can we use “fresh” cherry tomatoes? Yes, you can. Use a pint of fresh cherry tomatoes or ripe tomatoes on the vine. But you will need to slice each cherry tomato or chop the larger tomatoes so they will cook down.
- Can we use garlic powder? Yes, sprinkle over the shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon or more of garlic powder. Taste the sauce, and you can increase it to your preference.
- What’s the best pasta for this recipe? This is a delicious recipe that’s preferred to be served with “thin” spaghetti. Regular spaghetti tends to absorb most of the sauce, so the “thin” strands are much better!
- What’s the difference between “Thin” spaghetti and “Angel Hair” pasta? Thin spaghetti is slightly thinner than the normal spaghetti strands. Angel’s hair is much finer than thin spaghetti. We prefer to use the “thin spaghetti” with this recipe rather than “angel hair pasta”. WHY? …because the angel hair is too thin and can easily be overcooked becoming mushy, and it can ruin the dish.
- But of course, you may use your favorite pasta and even “gluten-free” pasta with this recipe.
Additional recipes for shrimp… try these:
- Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner
- Spaghetti with Shrimp Garlic & Wine
- Shrimp Cocktail with Vodka Sauce
- Easy Shrimp Dinner
- Shrimp over Creamy Polenta
- 16-ounces (about 20) of large shrimp - cleaned & deveined
- salt, to season the shrimp
- 4 Tbps. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves - diced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt - to season the shrimp
- 1 can (14-ounces) of cherry tomatoes - rinsed & drained
- 4 to 5 kalamata olives - pits removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound of thin spaghetti
1. In a large skillet, heat on moderate heat, olive oil and toss in the diced garlic, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes to fragrant the olive oil.
2. Stir in the crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer on low heat for an additional minute.
3. Add in the shrimp and sprinkle with salt to season the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute and use kitchen tongs to flip each one over and cook the other side for one minute.
4. Toss in cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley. Pour in white wine and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Taste the sauce, and season with additional salt to taste. Turn off heat. Sprinkle over the skillet with remaining chopped parsley. Keep covered.
5. Meanwhile, bring a pot filled with water to a full boil. Toss in the thin spaghetti and cook it until it is al-dente ( tender to the bite). Grab a ladle and scoop some pasta water, about 1/4 cup, and add it to the shrimp sauce.
6. Drain spaghetti in a colander. Serve spaghetti in pasta bowls and spoon some spicy shrimp and sauce over each bowl of spaghetti. Serve immediately.
yields: 3 to 4 servings
Yield:3 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 15.2gCarbohydrates: 23.3gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 25.3g
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 serving Servings: 3 to 4Amount per serving Calories: 332, Total Fat: 15.2g, Saturated Fat: 2.2g, Cholesterol: 162mg, Sodium: 186m, Total Carbohydrate: 23.3g, Dietary Fiber: 1.9g, Total Sugars: 1.7g Protein: 25.3g, Calcium: 23mg, Iron: 1mg, Potassium: 179mg.
Thanks for PINNING!
Any questions? Ask away…
If you try our recipe for Spicy Shrimp let us know and leave a comment below along with a star rating in our recipe card!
Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too! Have fun and take a photo! Then share it on Instagram or on Pinterest and tag or hashtag us. We’d love to share it with the world. 🙂
And, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
..thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz