Best Tiramisu recipe you will ever find, is right here on this site! This happens to be the original recipe given to us from our relatives in Italy and it is the Best Tiramisu ever!! This NO-Bake Italian dessert is made with layers of luscious cream, mini chocolate chips and coffee soaked cookies; and it’s served chilled. YUM! It melts-in-your-mouth with every bite! A special treat, this Tiramisu will always WOW your family and friends during the holidays!
There are so many different versions for Tiramisu recipes on the internet. And for many years, we too made this classic Italian dessert many different ways; with eggs and ones without eggs. But we can honestly tell you, this recipe is by far the Best Tiramisu out there.
The Best Tiramisu is always made with mascarpone cheese (a rich Italian cream cheese) whipped with sugar and egg yolks and then it’s folded with whipped egg whites to create a very light and airy cream. Then the cream is layered over coffee soaked Italian lady finger cookies.
Keep in mind, espresso coffee is one of the main ingredients in the recipe, with that being said, if you are sensitive to caffeine, then I suggest using decaffeinated espresso.
Also, to give this classic dessert some texture with every bite, I added in my favorite mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. The mini chocolate chips add an extra crunch and flavor. Adding more chocolate elevates this dessert to a new level in making this the Best Tiramisu Recipe you’ll ever find!
How to make this the BEST Tiramisu!
First, you’ll need to brew a pot of espresso coffee and set it aside to cool. Then start making the luscious cream, separating the eggs yolks from the egg whites in different bowls; however you will only need 4 egg whites for this recipe.
Next, beat egg yolks with sugar for a few minutes then beat in the mascarpone cheese and set aside.
Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks and gently fold the egg whites into the creamy cheese mixture. This process creates a very light and airy cream for this Tiramisu.
Pour espresso coffee into a small bowl and add in dark brandy. Open a package of Italian lady finger cookies, and dip each cookie into the coffee and layer them at the bottom of the dish.
Cover with 1/2 of the cream mixture and dust on top with cocoa powder and scatter mini chocolate chips. Repeat with the second layer of cookies on top, and then again with the remaining cream. Then top again with a dust of cocoa and mini chocolate chips.
Always chill this dessert in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
It takes about 25 minutes to complete this dessert – but well worth it!
And if you are looking for our easy Step-by-Step Tutorial to make tiramisu, CLICK HERE.
Every time I serve this Best Tiramisu to family and friends, I hear only the ooh’s and ahh’s – and it’s always music to my ears!
As a dessert, Tiramisu is always a hit and insanely addicting – everyone may even request a second piece. Thank goodness this recipe makes enough servings for seconds and even thirds!
… Thanks for Pinning!
If you make this Best Tiramisu recipe …please tell us and leave a comment below with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you!
You may also enjoy our other Tiramisu flavors…
EASY Peppermint Tiramisu – is made with NO EGGS!
Irish Cream Tiramisu – with easy step-by-step photos!
And our delicious frozen treat! Try our favorite Tiramisu Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips!
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 1+ ¾ cups espresso coffee, cooled
- 1.5 Tbsp. dark brandy or any liqueur
- 33 crisp Italian lady finger cookies
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 x 12 deep dish
- Brew a pot of espresso coffee.
- Pour 1 and ¾ cups of espresso into a bowl and stir in the brandy. Set it aside to cool.
- First, divide all the eggs into separate bowls, you will need 6 yolks, and only 4 egg whites. Reserve the remaining 2 egg whites for a different recipe or use them to make an egg white omelet in the morning.
- Second, beat egg yolks with sugar using an electric mixer and on high speed for 5 minutes, until it turns a light yellow color. Next, add in the mascarpone cheese and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes and then on high speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides with a spatula until it's creamy and smooth, set it aside. Then rinse and wipe clean the beaters with paper towels.
- In the second bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until they form stiff peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently fold stiff egg whites into the creamy cheese mixture, in small batches, until well incorporated. Cream should be light and airy and doubled its volume. Set it aside.
- Dip lady finger cookies one by one into the coffee mixture and lay them flat in your 8 x 12 deep dish. Continue until you make one single layer of cookies on the bottom of the dish. You may need to break one or more cookies to fit and cover the entire bottom of the dish.
- Next, take about ½ the cream mixture and using the spatula to smooth an even layer of cream over the lady fingers, covering the cookies.
- Then scatter some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and dust on top with cocoa powder.
- Continue to add the second layer lady finger cookies on top of the cream, dipping each one into the coffee. Add the remaining cream on top. Dust again on top with cocoa powder and scatter on top with mini chocolate chips. Here is where you can dust with more cocoa powder on top to your preference.
- Cover with clear wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or more, and overnight is best.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Hello friends! Are you cooking and baking with us? If you try this Best Tiramisu recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
Also, don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! And you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Happy Cooking and Baking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
This post contains affiliate links.
* 2 Sisters Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for websites to earn commission fees by linking to amazon.com, with no extra cost to you! It helps pay for our web hosting and services for this blog. We truly appreciate and thank you for all your support!