This Creamy Asparagus Risotto is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious risotto loaded with fresh asparagus, simmered in one pot and it’s ready in 20 minutes! Topped with grated Parmesan cheese and little cream is all that’s needed to finish this exquisite risotto dish. Quick-fix dinners like this one are ideal for everyone.
My family was craving for a “risotto” for dinner the other night. And since I had some fresh asparagus on hand, and Parmesan cheese, I knew I could whip up this delicious risotto in no-time.
And… SO CAN YOU!
First of all, there are so many risotto recipes, but this time I decided to make mine in a different way. Just by skipping a few steps, I made it even easier than the traditional way.
Secondly, whether you decide to make it in your instant pot, or on the stovetop, I think you’ll enjoy this easy recipe for years to come.
A Hearty Meal, Arborio Rice Makes This Creamy Asparagus Risotto Sensational.
This classic Italian dish is filled with fresh asparagus, Italian Arborio rice, fresh garlic, butter, and grated Parmesan cheese.
Then it’s finished off with a touch of cream to give its rich and silky texture.
I have to tell you, the outcome of this risotto turned out FABULOUS!
I’m proud to say, this is a tried and true recipe, truly. This version is SO much easier and it still turned out great!
Best of all, risotto is a healthy combination of protein, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates which are often the need of the hour, and arborio rice can give you all that in one tasty dish.
Ingredients Needed for Creamy Asparagus Risotto…
To make this creamy asparagus risotto, you will need:
vegetable broth (optional)
grated Parmesan cheese
half & half cream
To Make this Risotto:
1. For this recipe, just place the first 6 ingredients (hold the asparagus, grated cheese, and cream, they will go in last) into a medium-size pot.
2. Cover with a lid, and bring to a boil. Then give it a quick stir and cover again, but lower the heat to a low simmer, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, prep the asparagus, and chop into bite-size pieces. When the rice has been cooking for 15 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper. Then toss in the fresh asparagus. Continue to simmer on low heat for an additional 5 minutes. At this point, most of the liquid will have been absorbed.
4. Turn off heat. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and Half & Half (or light cream) and continue to stir until the cream slightly thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Then serve!
Quick Notes and Tips!
Risotto is best when it’s served immediately. If you wait too long, the moisture and cream will be absorbed into the rice and therefore, it will become less creamy and more sticky.
If the risotto is cooked on high heat, it will stick to the bottom of the pan. So keep in on the low flame is best.
Store any leftover risotto in a sealed container and refrigerate up to 3 days, or freeze up to one month.
When reheating risotto, its best to transfer the amount you prefer then microwave it for 2 minutes, or so depending on how much you are reheating.
Or if reheating on the stovetop, it’s best to add a small amount of liquid, cream, broth, or water to the risotto, and reheat on low flame, stirring to your desired texture.
Your family and friends will enjoy Creamy Asparagus Risotto as much as we do!
This is such a delicious dish. After you master making this easy version, I bet you’ll feel confident you can make any risotto over and over again.
Finally, More Creamy, Delicious Risotto Recipes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 Tbsp. butter - divided
- 3 garlic cloves - thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 10 to 15 thin asparagus spears, rinsed and ends cut off
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Half & Half
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- dried parsley, as a garnish
- In a medium-size pot, pour in the water, broth, Arborio rice, 2 tablespoons of butter, olive oil, and garlic and a dash of cayenne pepper. COVER with a lid. Bring the liquid to a boil, give it a stir and lower the heat to simmer, and COVER again.
- Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes. Stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, chop the asparagus spears. Toss them into the rice mixture. Stir and cover and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes until BOTH the asparagus and rice are tender. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the half-and-half and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Turn off the heat. Finally, stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve into individual dinner plates, sprinkle with some dried parsley flakes as a garnish and serve immediately. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Serves 4
Storing and Freezing:
Store any leftovers in a sealed container and it will stay fresh up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Risotto freezes well for up to one month.
…Thanks for PINNING!
Have a great day everyone!
If you try our recipe for creamy asparagus risotto, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our Weekly NEWSLETTER Subscribe Box and get our recipes FREE every time we post!
For more delicious dinner ideas, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz