Easy Risotto with Marinara Sauce is a simple risotto made quickly when you add marinara sauce to it and serve. It’s a nice change from serving traditional pasta with sauce. Long grain rice is used instead of Arborio rice or even pasta. But when it’s topped with fresh tomato sauce, it makes this dish mouth-watering!
These days everyone needs a dish that’s quick and easy to make for dinner. Right?!
Well, this happens to be one of them. Instead of using Italian Arborio rice, I decided to use my favorite long-grain rice.
Cooking up an easy risotto with a marinara sauce like this recipe is a no-fuss lunch or dinner when your busy schedule needs a kitchen break!
A few days ago we posted our favorite recipe for our Mom’s Quick Marinara Sauce.
When you have marinara sauce already made, it makes our lives so much easy when planning a weekly menu. So make extra the night before.
Best of all, rice is a healthy combination of protein, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates which are often the need of the hour, and a tasty dish like this one can give you all that.
Can We Use Jarred Sauce?
Yes, you can. Open up a jar of your favorite brand of Marinara sauce or any tomato sauce and stir it into your risotto. You may want to heat it up first, then stir it into the rice.
As kids growing up, comfort food to us was having either pasta or risotto for dinner EVERY night. And this risotto with sauce was one of those dishes.
Even though mom used the long-grain rice, instead of Arborio rice, she felt it was faster to make it and to get it to the table.
With mom’s quick marinara sauce already made, or your favorite jarred sauce, you can whip up this dish in a matter of minutes.
Just cook or steam your favorite long-grain rice, top it with some marinara sauce and serve!
It’s that easy!
Still today, my kids enjoy eating risotto no matter how I make it – they LOVE it!
EASY Risotto with Marinara Sauce:
1 cup Long Grain Rice
2 cups of water
1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups Moms Quick Marinara Sauce
chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a medium saucepot, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add salt, butter, and long grain rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
2. Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of marinara sauce into the rice. Stir in the sauce until well combined. Serve the rice into pasta bowls. Spoon some additional (pre-heated) sauce on top. Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve. Serve with grated Parmigiano at the table.
Serves 2 to 4
For More Italian Comfort Food, try these…
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Moms Quick Marinara Sauce
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In a medium saucepot, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add salt, butter, and long grain rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of marinara sauce into the rice. Stir in the sauce until well combined.
- Spoon the rice into pasta bowls. Serve with additional (pre-heated) sauce on top. Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve. Serve with grated Parmigiano at the table.
- Serves 2 to 4
For more delicious recipes and ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
If you tried our Easy Risotto with Marinara Sauce, let us know and leave a comment. Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, be sure to tag us #2sistersrecipes and @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you cooked! 🙂
And, don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Weekly Newsletter Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones.
Happy Cooking!! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz