Risotto con Funghi (mushrooms) is risotto with mushrooms and it is made with arborio rice, mushrooms, prosecco, chicken broth, onions and parmesan cheese. A delicious and flavorful recipe, risotto con funghi can be made with all kinds of mushrooms, such as bella, shitaki, or even porcini mushrooms and makes a great meal for those meatless days!
Risottos make great dishes. This one is flavored with mushrooms, but you can use any vegetable when making risotto, making them the ideal meal for all vegetarians.
These days, you can make risotto easily on stove-top. With a little patience and a little time, risotto makes a satisfying meal for the whole family. From start to finish, takes about 25 minutes.
The winter days are long and cold and sometimes a good pasta dish or risotto is a great meal just by itself. Risotto with mushrooms pairs well with a light appetizer or even with a simple green salad.
You can pair this dish to a fine wine. Try a full bodied red wine such as a Chianti from Florence, Tuscany. The wine is very smooth on the palate, and has a rich fruity flavor. Risotto con Funghi is a dish that is restaurant-quality worthy! It’s creamy delicious!
Try it! … and Enjoy!!
If you love risotto as much as we do, then maybe check these out!
Risotto con Funghi (Mushrooms)
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4 to 6
Risotto con Funghi is made with arborio rice that is simmered with white mushrooms, prosecco, chicken broth, onions and parmesan cheese, until the rice is tender to the bite. Risotto con Funghi is a delicious, high protein meal your family will love!
- 1+ ½ cups of Arborio Rice
- 32 ounce Chicken Stock, All Natural
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ cup Prosecco , or very dry white wine
- 8 ounce package of white mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1+ ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese grated
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Use a small (1 quart) pot. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté until garlic turns golden.
- Add sliced mushrooms and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prosecco or white wine and reduce heat, simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Using a medium size (3 quart) pot. Heat 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onions and sauté until they soften or become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add Arborio rice and cook while stirring often for 2 minutes. Pour mushroom mixture into the rice mixture.
- And re-use the small pot again, to avoid having to clean another pot. Turn ON the heat once again, and open a carton of Chicken Stock. Pour chicken stock into the small pot and bring to boil.
- Add some broth to the rice and mushroom mixture. Stir often until broth is absorbed.
- Repeat process, adding small amounts of broth each time to the rice until all the broth has been absorbed.
- The cooking process takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- Taste the rice. It should be tender to the bite. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is fully cooked. Turn OFF heat. Add the final tablespoon of butter and grated parmigiano cheese. Mix well to make a creamy risotto. And, serve!
- Serves 4 to 6
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE everytime we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy Cooking! 🙂