Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto and Cheese are thin asparagus spears, wrapped in crispy prosciutto with melted Swiss cheese roasted to perfection, making this a divine dish to serve anytime. This is an easy appetizer to make for the holidays.
Paired with salty cured meat such as prosciutto along with Swiss cheese melted inside adds amazing umami-rich flavors to the asparagus, making it taste just perfect.
We’d like to call these “asparagus rollatini.”
This is a super fast and delicious recipe for those who are short of time. Like me!
It’s best to use thin asparagus because of the “no need to steam or boil” before roasting.
And this recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes or less to roast.
No need to add any salt, because the prosciutto and cheese add enough flavor to the asparagus that no one will even notice it missing!
Roasted Asparagus Wrapped with Prosciutto and Cheese will make a pretty presentation as an appetizer.
No need to use a fork either, just pick one up and eat it. Kids will love them too. Best when served warm or at room temperature.
*Follow along below or jump down to the bottom of this post for our full recipe card.
Ingredients for Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto and Cheese:
1 pound or a bunch of fresh thin asparagus (about 35 spears)
6 slices of prosciutto
3 slices of Swiss cheese -cut in halves
extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
optional: pepper to taste
1. Rinse asparagus and cut-off ends, about 3 inches from the bottom.
2. Using a non-stick baking sheet, layer one slice of prosciutto and place a piece of Swiss cheese in the center.
3. Place about 5 to 6 thin asparagus spears in the center. Start at one end of the prosciutto and begin to wrap them into a bundle.
4. Place the bundle onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the asparagus has been wrapped. Lightly drizzle olive oil over them.
5. Roast in a preheated oven to 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Remove and serve.
Yields about 6 wrapped asparagus bundles.
Looking for more finger-food appetizers? Try these:
- Spinach and Kale Bites
- Parmesan Pastry Pups
- Potato Skin Bites
- Cold Spinach Dip
- Cheesy Rice Balls with Peas
- Artichoke Heart Fritters
- Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Easy Baked Shishito Peppers
- Wasabi Tuna Deviled Eggs
… Thanks for Pinning!
MORE TASTY IDEAS for ASPARAGUS!
- Asparagus Gruyere Swiss Tart
- Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce
- Perfectly Grilled Asparagus
- Asparagus Salad
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound (or 1 bunch) of fresh thin asparagus (about 35 spears)
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 3 slices of Swiss cheese - cut into half slices
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- optional: pepper to taste
- Rinse asparagus and cut off ends, about 3 inches from the bottom.
- Using a non-stick baking sheet, layer one slice of prosciutto and place a piece of Swiss cheese in the center.
- Place about 5 to 6 thin asparagus spears in the center. Start at one end of the prosciutto and wrap them into a bundle.
- Place the bundle onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the asparagus has been wrapped. Lightly drizzle olive oil over them.
- Roast in a Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F (180C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Yields: about 6 wrapped asparagus bundles.
- Serves 6
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 7.4gCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 9.4g