Wasabi Tuna Deviled Eggs are high in protein, gluten free and full of flavor. They’re made simply with hard-boiled eggs, Italian tuna, mayonnaise, onions, celery and wasabi paste. Top with egg yolk crumble as a garnish and you have a simple, easy and delicious dish!
With Easter and Passover just around the corner, are you starting to plan the menu?
Maybe making changes or adding new dishes, trying new recipes?
Me too! But each year, we have one favorite that is always on the list, and that is Deviled Eggs.
I have made these tuna-stuffed deviled eggs before, only these have a little heat to them. I’ve added some wasabi paste for an incredible flavor.
Wasabi paste is a smooth-thick green paste that comes in a tube and it’s sold for about $3.50. You can find wasabi paste mostly in the Asian isles in most super markets. It’s a Japanese horseradish that is commonly used as a condiment with sushi, but nowadays, it’s added as a spread on sandwiches.
Because everyone’s taste is so different, we highly recommend starting with a small amount of the wasabi paste, about 1/4 of a teaspoon. Mix into the tuna mixture and then taste it before you add more. Wasabi is very pugnant and very spicy. So be careful with the amount you add in.
For me, I also added in a little fresh lemon juice because I love lemon with tuna-fish. Just a little amount helped balance the heat from the wasabi paste. I also used a tablespoon of red onion, but prefer the green onions instead (they’re taste sweeter). Next time, I will use the green onion only.
These Wasabi Tuna Deviled Eggs make a pretty presentation and a nice appetizer to serve before your holiday dinner. You can be creative and garnish these deviled eggs with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, chopped green onions or chopped parsley. All of which I didn’t have on hand, so I used dried parsley instead.
We hope you will give these a try! Happy Sunday!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Are you cooking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
It makes us happy to see what you cook!
Wasabi Tuna Deviled Eggs
Serves: 16 deviled eggs
Wasabi Tuna Deviled Eggs are high in protein, gluten free and full of flavor. They're made simply with hard-boiled eggs, Italian tuna, mayonnaise, onions, celery and wasabi paste. Top with egg yolk crumble as a garnish and you have a simple, easy and delicious dish!
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery stalk- minced
- ¼ cup green scallions- minced
- 2 (4-ounce) cans of Italian Tuna (packed in olive oil)- drained
- ½ tsp. wasabi paste
- ½ lemon- juiced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- fresh chopped parsley, or sesame seeds, as garnish
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolk and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Reserve 4 yolks or more, and set them aside. Mash the remaining yolks with the tuna, mayonnaise, onions, celery, lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of wasabi paste with a fork. Taste the tuna mixture, and if you feel you would like to add the other ¼ wasabi paste do so in small increments.
- Spoon tuna mixture into the egg white halves, dividing the mixture evenly. Crumble the reserved yolks over the eggs and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (or dried), chopped green onions, or sesame seeds, as garnish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.
- Serve chilled.
- Makes 16 deviled eggs