Oven-Roasted Vegetable Lasagna – Lightened! Light and delicious, this vegetable lasagna is filled with a medley of oven-roasted vegetables, fresh baby spinach, and topped with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella. The best part? This vegetable lasagna contains only 3 layers, takes only minutes to make and bake, bringing dinner to the table, pronto!
If you plan to roast a medley of vegetables, then make extra! The secret to making a quick and easy vegetable lasagna is to use leftovers from the night before.
Roasting vegetables gives them more depth in flavor. A meatless lasagna like this one is not only lighter and tasty but it’s loaded with nutrition and not weigh down with a lot of layers of cheeses.
Savory layers of oven-roasted vegetables along with a layer of fresh baby spinach is in there. And when you add fresh tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella to it – it makes it taste even better!
Oven-Roasted Vegetable Lasagna is relatively easy and you can play with the combination of vegetables, including some of your favorites with this recipe.
You only need to roast some of your favorite veggies in the oven with some olive oil and seasonings.
Once in a while my family craves for a meatless meal, don’t you?
So this is my “go-to” casserole for me. I had some Roasted Parmesan Vegetables Medley leftover from the night before and decided to make a lasagna using them for dinner the very next day.
Our mom always had a way of re-creating dishes from leftovers. It was something she learned from her mother, how to make new meals using the leftovers.
So I am doing what mom always did. And, of course, I wanted to sneak in some more greens into the mix so I added a second layer of fresh baby spinach greens, and no one even noticed!
The outcome of this vegetable lasagna turned out really good!
Everyone really loved it. No one even knew they were eating vegetables, they just loved the sauce and gooey melted cheese on top.
And of course, no one ever turns down eating lasagna, at least in this house!
I think this is a great way to hide the vegetables for any picky eaters you may have in the family – as I have, don’t you think?
Try this recipe! … and ENJOY!!
Don’t forget to PIN this one to your Casserole Board!!
More Lasagna Recipes? Try these!
Easy Meat Lasagna with No-Boil Noodles-Lightened! (with step-by-step tutorial)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 to 3 cups roasted vegetables, (from leftovers)
- 1 box Oven-Ready Lasagna sheets, ( I used Barilla, No-Boil)
- 2 to 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 (9 ounces) package of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half cream
- 8 ounce shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 7 x 11 or an 8 x 12 casserole baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the bottom layer, pour about one cup of sauce and spread evenly.
- First, lay 3 to 4 sheets of lasagna on top of the sauce.
- Spoon over the lasagna with a layer of roasted vegetables you have leftover, spread evenly, and add as much as you can in one layer. Spoon some sauce over the vegetables to keep them moist. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, then with 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Second, lay on top with 3 or 4 more lasagna sheets to cover the vegetables.
- Rinse about 1/2 or use the entire package of fresh baby spinach. Lightly shake off excess water.
- Add a layer of baby spinach leaves on top of the lasagna sheets.
- Pour heavy cream or half-and-half on top of fresh spinach.
- Add the final layer of lasagna sheets (about 3 sheets again.) Pour 1 cup of sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano cheese and shredded mozzarella on top.
- Cover with foil wrap. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake for additional 5 minutes until the cheese has completely melted. Let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serves 6 to 8
Are you cooking with us? If you try this fantastic lasagna recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like.
We’d love to see what you cook!
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz