Roasted Parmesan Vegetables Medley is made with a medley of red bell peppers, potatoes and cauliflower, lightly tossed with olive oil, onions, and garlic. Then roasted with a light blend of bread crumbs and melted Parmesan cheese on top. A tasty medley that makes a wonderful addition to your buffet table, is flavorful, colorful and delicious!
I had these vegetables in my refrigerator and decided to roast them together to make a side dish that would compliment the meats at our barbecue.
Everyone in our family LOVES roasted cauliflower and I thought it would be great to add a few more vegetables to compliment the cauliflower in this casserole.
Surprisingly, it all worked together very well. The onions and garlic caramelized nicely while the potatoes and peppers become soft and tender blending its aromatic flavors together to make them very tasty. And as the vegetables roast in the oven, they become super moist and tender. Even the little ones enjoy eating them.
An added bonus!
This is a large family-size recipe.
Roasted Parmesan Vegetables Medley will compliment any entree any time of the year.
We love adding Parmesan cheese on practically everything; hearty pasta dishes, stews, soups, and risottos.
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese contains many health benefits. You may click here to read more about Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and understand why it’s the number one cheese Italians prefer.
Some tips: Keep in mind, this is a family-style recipe for Roasted Parmesan Vegetables Medley. Leftovers can easily be used and turned into a quick meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Here are some ideas:
1. A Veggie Frittata for breakfast. Just use 1 to 2 cups of roasted veggie leftovers mixed with some 2 or 3 eggs lighly beaten and some parmigiana cheese. Pour into a prepared skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil, and slowly cook the frittata on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, flip over and cook until well done.
2. A Vegetable Quiche! Place about 2 cups into a bowl, add 3 beaten eggs, shredded cheese and milk, then pour into a pie crust and bake in the oven until golden brown.
3. Try making a Vegetable Lasagna. Use the leftovers for your lasagna with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Well, that’s all for now. Until next time, have a great day!
Roasted Parmesan Vegetables Medley
- 4 to 5 red bell peppers- cleaned, cord, chopped
- 4 baking potatoes- peeled, chopped
- 1 cauliflower- cord, florets cut in halves
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves- minced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, and some extra
- 2 Tbsp. plain breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- cooking oil spray
Preheat to oven to 425 degrees.
In a large casserole baking dish, spray with cooking oil.
Scatter all vegetables onto baking dish. Sprinkle salt sparingly over veggies, adding crushed red pepper, and garlic powder. Pour olive oil over them. Gently toss and turn with hands to mix and coat the seasonings with the vegetables.
Roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven to turn the vegetables over. Place them back into the oven for additional 10 minutes, or until they turn golden brown, and become tender when touched with a fork.
Remove from oven, sprinkle on top the vegetables with breadcrumbs, then with grated Parmesan cheese. Place vegetables back into oven for additional 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese slightly melts.
Transfer to serving platter and serve. Optional: Lightly drizzle on top with some extra virgin olive oil before you serve.
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!