The S’mores Dip
The S’mores Dip brings back the roasted marshmallow graham cracker sensation, but without all the mess! And no need to start up the fire. All you really need is your oven, and right in the comfort of your own kitchen, along with some chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. This is such a fun dip and one you can make all year round. Yum!
The S’mores dip is a simple two-step recipe!
The base of this dip is a mixture of melted chocolate, milk, and marshmallows. The recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate, but if you prefer milk or bittersweet, you could certainly substitute either one of those without any problem.
Then it’s topped with marshmallows again (you need marshmallows to make S’mores and the more the better). It took only 5 minutes to prep and then you bake it until marshmallows turn golden.
Finally, you serve it with graham crackers to dip with. Yum!
This dip is so fabulous! We love s’mores! Don’t you? It’s chocolate-ty, gooey, and pure decadence ..Mmm the kids really loved it!
So yesterday, my teenage daughter came home from her first day back at school and I thought she was so excited to tell me about her day, but instead, she was SO excited to tell me about this s’mores dip that went viral on the Internet.
So, we just had to make it – right then and there! (And, thank goodness I just happen to have all the ingredients).
She was so happy to be in the kitchen, making this s’mores dip, that she forgot to tell me how was her first day back. Oh well, I am guessing she had a good day!
Enjoy the s’mores dip!
*Follow along with our easy directions and photos, or jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card!
Ingredients needed for The S’mores Dip:
1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Hershey’s)
1/4 cup milk (or non-dairy milk)
1+1/4 cups mini marshmallows
1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows
Directions to make the Smore’s Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176.7C).
2. In a double boiler, and on moderately low heat, add the chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of milk, and mini marshmallows. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. The mixture will be lumpy.
3. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a 9-inch baking pie dish.
4. Add the large marshmallows on top to cover all the chocolate, about 26 to 30 marshmallows.
5. Transfer the dish to the preheated oven. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until marshmallows turns slightly light brown and have melted, but not entirely. Remove and serve with graham crackers.
… Thanks for Pinning!
Here is another delicious S’mores idea!
Try our S’more Dark Chocolate Bark! It only takes minutes to make and then cut into squares! Perfect for everyone!
Yield: 8 to 10
The S'mores Dip
The S'mores Dip brings back the roasted marshmallow graham cracker sensation, but without all the mess! And no need to start up the fire. Just melt chocolate and bake in the oven until marshmallows slightly melt and enjoy!!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Hershey's)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1+1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of milk, and mini marshmallows. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a 9-inch baking pie dish.
- Add large marshmallows on top to cover all the chocolate, about 25 to 30 marshmallows.
- BAKE for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until marshmallows turns slightly light brown.
- Remove and serve with graham crackers.
- Serves 8
How lovely! we are having Smores tonight at our bbq but maybe we'll have this instead!! looks SO good 🙂
Hi Mary! Would love to know how the dip turned out.
Joanne you are so right! Everyone devoured this dip in minutes! If you are planning to make it for friends, I recommend you double the recipe, making a large portion for everyone to enjoy!
I would devour this in minutes! S'mores flavor is the best!
Wow, I so need to make this for my kids, especially if I have a gang of their friends over. I'm sure it's going to be messy so I think I better serve it up outside on the deck. S'mores are a hit anyway you serve them up. 🙂 xoxo, Jackie
Hey Jackie! It was such a hit with my girls and their friends, that we had to make another one. And not messy at all, so you can serve it inside. xxoo Anna
We used to love making s'mores by the bonfire with our girls! I'll have to introduce my grandson to them with this easy version (plus no fire required) 🙂
My kids love making s'mores by the bonfire with their friends too! and now they can enjoy the taste of s'mores with this dip all winter long!
OMG. delicious recipes! yUMMMMMMM
Following you now on GFC. Hope you follow back toooo! 😀
Thanks for stopping by! I will be over to your place to see whats cooking too!