These Dark Chocolate Magic Cookie Bars are sinfully good and make the perfect little dessert in a hurry when you need one. These magic bars are made with some of our favorite chocolate candies including the Andre Crème de Menthe, toffee bars, along with walnuts, raisins, shredded coconut, and chunks of dark chocolate. And they’re perfect for all occasions.
Everyone loves a piece of chocolate, especially after dinner.
Oh, and dark chocolate? … even better.
Any dark chocolate treat happens to be our favorite “go-to” when we need to satisfy our sweet tooth.
And boy do we LOVE these magic bars!
Great to whip up in a hurry…. and I mean they are perfect to make – refrigerate – and even freeze!
Dark Chocolate Magic Cookie Bars have a chewy filling, loaded with flavors along with a subtle peppermint undertone in every bite. So good!
Here’s Why You Will Love These Dark Chocolate Magic Cookie Bars:
It’s a sweet concoction that is insanely delicious and loaded with antioxidants and omega-3.
These little bars have a soft-cookie bottom and a chewy, nutty crunchy texture, along with a mild peppermint undertone.
Loaded with dark chocolate, shredded coconut, walnuts, raisins, bits of toffee, and bits of Andre Creme de Menthe chocolate make these bars irresistible!
Individual bars make easy servings and a perfect size dessert.
No need to serve with a fork, spoon, or plate – just a napkin will do!
A great make-in-advance treat and they stay fresh for days.
Ingredients Needed for Dark Chocolate Magic Cookie Bars:
graham cracker crumbs – or you may use gluten-free cracker crumbs.
Hersey’s dark chocolate bar – or any brand
walnuts – (if you are allergic to nuts, omit them)
bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
For this easy recipe:
This dessert is all about layering each ingredient. It’s that simple.
1. First, melted butter is poured on the bottom of the baking pan. Second, a layer of crumbs over the butter.
2. Next, a layer of condensed milk, and then walnuts, raisins, Andes Crème de Menthe chips, chopped pieces of toffee, chopped Hershey’s dark chocolate, and shredded coconut are scattered on top. All these layers and textures give these bars their irresistible taste and crunch.
3. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. The Last step, we scattered an additional layer of bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips on top, transfer the pan back into the oven for 1 minute to melt. Then quickly spread the chocolate over the entire surface, and scattered chopped walnuts on top. (our full recipe card below)
5. Chill for an hour or more.
When you cut them into pieces, they resemble little chocolate bars. So sinfully good, with a subtle clean fresh taste of mint makes these dark chocolate magic cookie bars perfect to serve all year round!
These dark chocolate bars are fun, easy to make, bake and freeze. They are always a huge hit every time we serve them.
A delicious treat! Everyone will RAVE after one bite.
Try them, and let us know!
More easy and delicious dark chocolate treats!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 + 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs (or gluten-free)
- 8 Tbsp. (1/4 lb. or 1 stick) sweet butter
- 1 (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of Andes Crème de Menthe chocolates baking chips
- 1 large (4.25 ounces (120 grams) Hersey's milk or a dark chocolate bar - chopped
- 1/3 cup (1.4 ounces (39.5 grams) of Toffee chocolate bar - chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened organic coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts - chopped
For The Final and Top Layer:
- 1 + 1/2 cups bittersweet or semisweet (mini or regular) chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 x 9 Baking Pan
- Melt butter and pour into a 12" x 9" Baking pan.
- Scatter the graham crumbs over the melted butter evenly.
- Pour condensed milk over the crumbs.
- Scatter on top with Andes crème chocolates, dark chocolate bar pieces, toffee pieces, raisins, shredded coconut, and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the oven you use.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Immediately scatter 1 +1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips on top.
- Return pan to the oven and bake for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until the chips turn shiny.
- Turn off the oven. Remove the pan from the oven again.
- Using the back of a spoon or a butter knife, spread the melted chocolate over the entire surface.
- Sprinkle on top with the remaining chopped walnuts.
- Leave the pan on your counter to cool completely before cutting for a few hours.
- Or, to speed up the cooling process, place the pan into your refrigerator for 2 hours or more, or into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Using a very sharp blade to cut the chocolate into (2 x 2-inch) square bars.
- Best kept chilled. Store them in an air-tight container, refrigerate, or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Yields: 24 to 28 bars