This S’mores Dark Chocolate Bark is loaded with graham cracker crumbles, mini marshmallows and semi-sweet chocolate. Chocolate barks like this one are easily made in 15 minutes and make the perfect decadent treat for gifting this holiday season.
A favorite and most delicious treat, S’mores dark chocolate bark will have you and your guests reaching for more!
Reasons to LOVE this S’more Dark Chocolate Bark Recipe…
- Chocolate barks are the easiest confections to make.
- Only 3 ingredients needed.
- This recipe makes plenty in one batch, enough to serve a crowd.
- Perfect little treat for chocoholics.
- Always the first treat to disappear!
- Good quality dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants.
S’mores dark chocolate bark happens to be one of our favorite treats.
How To Make S’mores Dark Chocolate Bark…(*full recipe card below)
1. All you need is ONE 9 x 12-inch (or 2-quart) baking tray or baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
2. Then simply crumble 2 or 3 graham crackers with your hands and scatter them on the bottom and then scatter some mini marshmallows.
3. Next, you will need to melt chocolate chips using a double boiler or melt them in the microwave. Then drizzle melted chocolate over the cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
4. Use a knife or a small spatula, or the back of a spoon to work with the melted chocolate and spread it to cover the entire surface. A little patience is needed here and it goes a long way.
*GREAT TIP! …No need to rush when spreading the chocolate, it will stay liquid for about 1 minute, giving you some time to work with it. And it doesn’t have to be perfect, either. It will harden and look great anyway!
… Keep in mind. No one cares – it’s the taste that really matters!!
NOTES and TIPS For Success…
- Keep in mind, all chocolate barks will need to cool before you can cut them.
- I prefer to place the pan directly into the refrigerator to chill the chocolate bark for about 20 to 30 minutes before cutting them into pieces or squares. This will shorten the waiting time to cool and harden.
- Cut them into 2 x 2-inch squares, or larger if you prefer.
- If planning to give away as gifts, double the recipe.
STORING and FREEZING…
- Best to store chocolate barks in a sealed container and leave them somewhere in a cool place on your kitchen counter.
- You can freeze them, but we don’t recommend it. We prefer to keep them chilled in the refrigerator to keep them fresh longer.
- If you prefer to freeze, we recommend no longer than 2 to 3 weeks.
These s’mores dark chocolate bark remind us of our childhood memories. It’s no wonder why everyone loves this treat!
Every bite is crisp, cool, crunchy and creamy. Let’s not forget, with a sweet and chocolate flavor, making them irresistibly-delicious! Not too many treats can boast all of these attributes at once!
Best of all, only 3 ingredients are all you need to make this amazing S’mores dark chocolate bark!
Chocolate barks make wonderful holiday-season treats to give away as gifts too!
Enjoy them as an afternoon treat, especially to help soothe any chocolate cravings you may have.
If you make our S’mores Dark Chocolate Bark, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below! We’d love to hear about it! 🙂
More chocolate bark and homemade gift ideas? Try these:
Easter Bark (easily change the colors for the holiday you prefer)
- 2 or 3 graham crackers - crumbled
- 1 + 1/4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 2 (12-ounce) packages of semi-sweet, or dark chocolate morsels
- parchment paper
- 9 x 12 ( or 2-qt)-baking dish
- Use a 9' X 12" OR 10" by 13" baking pan. And place a sheet of parchment on the bottom.
- Crumble 2 graham crackers with your fingers and scatter on the bottom of the pan.
- Scatter the mini marshmallows too. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler or 2 different size pots (1 medium, and 1 small) and pour 2 inches of water into the bottom pot. Place it on the stove and over high heat, and bring water to a full boil. Turn off heat. Carefully place the smaller pot over it, and add only half of the chocolate chips. I prefer to melt the chips in 2 smaller batches, making it easier to stir and melt without messing it up. Slowly stir the chocolate until it is fully melted. Then pick up the pot, using a cloth to wipe any water under the pot, and drizzle the melted chocolate over one side of the prepare pan.
- Or you can microwave chocolate in a bowl, in 30 second increments, until melted, stirring each time until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take a knife or spatula and gently spread the melted chocolate to cover the surface on one side. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect!
- Then repeat the process, melting the second batch of chocolate chips and drizzling over the other half of the pan. Smooth the melted chocolate over the crumbs and mini marshmallows as best as you can.
- Place into the refrigerator and chill for about 20 minutes or more.
- Cut into squares. Store the bark in a sealed container in a cool place or in the fridge.
- Yields: 18 to 24 pieces
Always keep in mind, chocolate does not like water. So, when melting chocolate with a double boiler, be very careful not to let any water to touch the melting chocolate, or it will ruin the entire process and you will have to start over.
Yield:18 to 24 serving
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 6.4gCarbohydrates: 13.4gFiber: .7gSugar: 11.2gProtein: 1.7g
… Thanks for Pinning and Sharing!!
Are you baking with us? If you make this delicious bark , let us know! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and leave a comment here and on Pinterest if you like. We’d love to see what you cook!
Oh and don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive new recipes FREE every time we post!
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.4g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.4g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3%|
|Total Sugars 11.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a|