S’mores Dark Chocolate Bark is loaded with graham cracker crumbles, mini marshmallows and semi-sweet chocolate. Chocolate barks like this one are easily made in 15 minutes and make the perfect decadent treat for gifting this holiday season. A favorite and most delicious treat, S’mores dark chocolate bark will have you and your guests reaching for more!
Chocolate barks are the easiest confections to make. Once you make your first chocolate bark, you’ll enjoy making them all year long.
S’mores dark chocolate bark happens to be one our favorite treats. All you need is a baking tray or baking dish and line it with parchment paper. Then simply crumble 2 or 3 graham crackers with your hands and scatter them on the bottom and then scatter some mini marshmallows.
Next, you will need to melt chocolate chips using a double boiler, or melt them in the microwave. Then drizzle melted chocolate over the cracker crumbs and marshmallows, and gently spreading it to cover the entire surface.
Using a knife or a small spatula is best to work with the melted chocolate, and a little patience goes a long way. No need to rush, the chocolate will stay liquid for a while giving you some time to work with it.
Chocolate barks will need to cool before you can cut them. I prefer to place the pan directly into the refrigerator to chill the chocolate bark for about 20 to 30 minutes before cutting them into pieces or squares. It shortens the time to harden.
S’mores reminds us of our childhood memories. It’s no wonder why everyone loves this treat!
Every bite is crisp, cool, crunchy, creamy, sweet and chocolaty delicious! Not too many treats can boast all of these attributes at once!
Best of all, only 3 ingredients is all you need to make this amazing S’mores dark chocolate bark!
Enjoy them as an afternoon treat, especially to help soothe any chocolate cravings you may have. Chocolate barks make wonderful holiday-season treat to give away as gifts too!
Enjoy this S’mores Dark Chocolate Bark and leave a comment to let us know if you ever made chocolate bark before, and which recipe you prefer.
More chocolate bark and homemade gift ideas? Try these:
- 2 or 3 graham crackers - crumbled
- 1 + ¼ cups of mini marshmallows
- 2 (12-ounce) bags of semi-sweet, or dark chocolate morsels
- parchment paper
- Use a 9' X 12" OR 10" by 13" baking pan. And place a sheet of parchment on the bottom.
- Crumble 2 graham crackers with your fingers and scatter on the bottom of the pan.
- Scatter the mini marshmallows too. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler or 2 different size pots (1 medium, and 1 small) and pour 2 inches of water into the bottom pot. Place it on the stove and over high heat, and bring water to a full boil. Turn off heat. Carefully place the smaller pot over it, and add only half of the chocolate chips. I prefer to melt the chips in 2 smaller batches, making it easier to stir and melt without messing it up. Slowly stir the chocolate until it is fully melted. Then pick up the pot, using a cloth to wipe any water under the pot, and drizzle the melted chocolate over one side of the prepare pan.
- Or you can microwave chocolate in a bowl, in 30 second increments, until melted, stirring each time until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take a knife or spatula and gently spread the melted chocolate to cover the surface on one side. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect!
- Then repeat the process, melting the second batch of chocolate chips and drizzling over the other half of the pan. Smooth the melted chocolate over the crumbs and mini marshmallows as best as you can.
- Place into the refrigerator and chill for about 20 minutes or more.
- Cut into squares. Store the bark in a sealed container in a cool place or in the fridge.
- Yields: 18 to 24 pieces