Easy Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas and Chocolate-Peppermint Mini Pretzels. It’s that time of year again! Christmas cards, decorations, and gift wrapping. Do you need an extra little gift to give someone, maybe a co-worker, or your child’s teacher? I know I always do. Making homemade gifts with cookies, candies and even chocolate covered pretzels are so much fun.
Get crafty this holiday season with quick and simple gifts from your kitchen. These are easy, budget-friendly and you can enlist your kids to help!
These homemade holiday gift ideas are not only a great way to save money during the holiday season; they are also a thoughtful and creative way to show how much you care.
The packaging is easy too! Use mason jars or any size jars you can find. Mason jars can be found at Walmart or online. You can find small, cute, festive labels to attach, making it easy to identify the contents.
I saved some extra jars throughout the year from my jams or pickled foods to re-purpose. Any size jar looks great when tied with a holiday ribbon or bow.
Here I filled some jars with store-bought candies, using Twizzlers and mixing in two flavors, strawberry and cherry. Some jars are filled with mint candies and some with mixed nuts.
You can get so creative here. Easy homemade holiday gift ideas are so much fun!
With that said, our all-time favorite candies are the ones we make homemade, like our chocolate-peppermint covered pretzels.
Chocolate-Peppermint Mini Pretzels are mini pretzels drizzled on top with melted dark chocolate, then again with melted white chocolate, and then sprinkled on top with peppermint bits.
So easy and SO delicious!! Everyone will go bonkers for these chocolate covered pretzels!
These are so good, with a touch of peppermint flavor throughout, they are even addicting! The saltiness with sweet dark chocolate along with a hint of cool refreshing peppermint, what’s not to LOVE!
So go ahead and make a few gifts from your kitchen. Sometimes even the BEST gifts come wrapped in a jar!!
Best of all, these easy homemade holiday gift ideas from your kitchen will always convey a personal message of “made with love.”
Ingredients for Chocolate-Peppermint Covered Mini Pretzels:
1 package mini pretzels
1 + 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips – ( I used Ghirardelli )
2/3 cup white chocolate chips – ( I used Toll House Nestle)
1 package (5-ounce) peppermint bits
1. Use a tray or a baking sheet and cover it with a sheet of wax paper. Scatter the mini pretzels in one single layer and lay them side by side.
2. Using a double boiler, on stove-top melt dark chocolate chips, stirring until they are completely melted.
3. Drizzle (using a fork) with melted chocolate across the pretzels. Don’t worry if they get messy, you can easily break them apart when cooled.
4. If you need to, rinse and dry a small pot, or grab a second small pot. Place over the double boiler and melt white chocolate morsels.
5. Drizzle white chocolate over the pretzels the second time. Scatter and sprinkle on top with peppermint bits.
6. Place aside to cool, or transfer the tray to the fridge to speed up the cooling process. Once pretzels are completely cooled, gently break them apart and place them into jars.
7. Gently layer the pretzels in each jar. Keep in mind, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Cover with the lid and wrap with pretty ribbons and bows on top. So festive!
8. Store jars in a cool place until ready to label them and give them away as gifts. Have fun!
More Edible Gift Ideas!