Easy Easter Bark
Easter weekend is in a few weeks, and what better way to celebrate with a sweet treat like the Easter Bark! It’s a great time for some fun and simple homemade candy. Spring-like colors, loaded with white chocolate, m&m candies, and shredded coconut, this Easter bark is amazingly easy and delicious tasting!
The Easter Bark…
Kids of all ages love making colorful creations for Easter, especially ones that are delicious to eat!
Every year we make this Easter bark and everyone raves about it – hands down!
Imagine all the different combinations of chocolate barks we can make right now. With so many spring-like colored candies and chocolates in stores, you can have a ball making this Easter bark for this weekend.
They’re not only delicious to eat, but they also make a festive presentation and put a smile on everyone’s face.
HOW TO MAKE the EASTER BARK?
Easter Bark is made like all other chocolate barks.
1. First, melt some white chocolate and pour it out onto a baking sheet, or a tray with a flat surface.
2. Next, add your favorite toppings, m&m’s, jelly beans, shredded coconut, etc.
3. Allow it to cool completely, and cut it into pieces!
Chocolate barks are a very easy and fun activity in the kitchen for the whole family to enjoy.
For our Easter Bark…
CANDIES: To give it a look more “festive look” for this holiday, I decided to scatter pastel-colored M&M candies on the white chocolate layer.
COCONUT: Then scattered with shredded coconut to give it the soft white grass look. and
SPARKLING SUGAR: To add a little green color to our bark, we sprinkled green sparkling sugar on top.
It turned out adorable!
My girls love the taste of this white chocolate bark. White chocolate offers a pleasing flavor, while coconut adds a soft-chewy texture.
And the pastel M&M candies offer a soft crunch in every bite. YUM!
They think it’s cool to make chocolate bark for the holidays. They love to package them into gifts and give them away to family and friends and even to their co-workers.
Ingredients needed for our Easter Bark:
1 (12 ounces) package Toll House Premier White Morsels (white chocolate chips)
1 package pastel colors M&M candies ( you will need about 1/4 – 1/2 cup)
a sprinkle of green sparkling sugar ( I used India Tree) (about 1 Tbsp)
1 cup organic shredded coconut
*Here’s a few Quick Tips!
- White chocolate chips do not melt as quickly as semi-sweet or even dark chocolate chips. So you will need a little more patience as you stir the chocolate while it melts.
- Be careful when melting chocolate. Never allow any water to touch melting chocolate ever, or it will ruin it and you will have to start over.
Like all chocolate barks, spring-colored barks will make the perfect gift for all spring and summer occasions!
Great for bridal showers and even Mother’s Day.
Get Creative…and make it your own!
Have fun and make your own creations. Get the kids involved and create memorable moments with your family. The possibilities are endless!
- top with colorful jelly beans
- use orange or pink sparkling sugar
- miniature chocolate eggs
Personally, we enjoy making chocolate barks all year long, especially around the holidays! And, this Easter Bark never disappoints!!
… and Enjoy!!
GO ahead and PIN it to your EASTER Board!! …and thanks again! 🙂
More Chocolate Bark Ideas?
Try our S’more Dark Chocolate Bark. It too is very easy, and kids will go bonkers over them, including big kids – like me!
Yield: 20 pieces
Easter Bark is made like all other barks. First, melt some white chocolate and pour it out onto a surface, then add your favorite toppings, let it cool completely and cut it into pieces! Easy-Peasy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 (12 ounce) package Toll House Premier White Morsels (white chocolate chips)
- 1 package pastel colors M&M candies
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- Green colored sparkling sugar ( I used India Tree)
- Using a double boiler and over low heat, melt white chocolate chips, gently stirring until it melts.
- Be careful not to overheat white chocolate, or it will seize up.
- Pour the melted white chocolate out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread it out to any shape you like. ( I shaped it into a giant egg).
- Drop pastel M&M candies on top and lightly press each one into the white chocolate layer.
- Then sprinkle on top with some shredded coconut. I even pressed some shredded coconut around the edges of the bark. Then top with a sprinkle of green-colored sparkling sugar.
- Place the baking sheet into the fridge to cool and firm up about 1 hour.
- When the chocolate is completely hardened, cut into pieces with a heavy knife.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Yields: about 20 pieces
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.2g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
|Total Sugars 14.3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Love the Eastery colors and would love to break off a piece for myself right now 🙂
Thanks, Susan! Your grandsons will love them! Enjoy!!
Yummy, I would love to try it! Thanks!
You're welcome Belinda!
The particular pastels and also white-colored chocolates are usually wonderful! I am aware this kind of would have been a pleasant delicacy about our own stand. Desire you might be equally carrying out fantastic!
Thank you for your sweet comment!
The following cure just simply appears Easter! A pastels plus white colored chocolate brown will be charming! I recognize the following has got to be desired wedding cake for all of our family table. Anticipation you will be either executing superb!
Hello Robert, welcome to our blog, it's nice to meet you. Thank you for your sweet comment!
This treat just looks like Easter! The pastels and white chocolate are lovely! I know this would be a welcome dessert on our table. Hope you are both doing great!
Thank you Tricia! The white chocolate combined with the M&M candies and coconut makes this bark tastes delicious!
Looks delicious, great idea! Happy Friday! Michael
Thanks Michael! Have a great weekend!