Quick & Easy Toffee Bars. These toffee bars are scrumptious for those who need a nut-free and gluten-free treat. They resemble toffee candy but have a cookie-like texture. YUM! These bars are covered in chocolate and topped with English toffee bits, making them the perfect sweet for family and friends to enjoy this holiday season.
This recipe is ideal for those who have allergies to nuts and gluten. In fact, every time we have a gathering with family or friends, I always try to make a quick treat for everyone to try.
So I decided to make these toffee bars quick and easy enough to whip up in 10 minutes and bake for 15 minutes. Perfect for busy moms, like me!
As many of you know, my youngest daughter has a nut allergy, so it’s important that I have dessert options for her.
What are Toffee Bars?
Toffee bars are made with a buttery shortbread crust topped with a layer of dark chocolate and scattered with toffee bits. It is to resemble toffee candy, only it’s a cookie bar. It’s so darn good! Not to mention, buttery and chocolaty-delicious!
Plus, toffee bars are one of the easiest treats to make. With 6 ingredients and about 15 minutes to bake, you’ll have a delightful treat.
How To Make Toffee Bars?
- First, you will need to take your butter out of the refrigerator and allow it to soften.
- Next, Make the Buttery Crust: mix butter with brown sugar, salt, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Blend in the gluten-free coconut flour.
- Transfer to your 11 x 9 baking dish and use your fingers to pat it down to create an even layer.
- Bake in the oven at 325 F degrees for 15 to 18 minute, until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove, and scatter with chocolate chips and pop it back into the oven for additional minute. Then spread the chocolate into a single layer across the crust and scatter with toffee bits.
Baking Temperatures and Tips…
- As always, baking times will vary, depending on the pans and oven you use.
- If you are baking these bars in dark or coated pans, bake at temperature, 325 degrees F (160C), and add an additional 3 to 5 minutes to your baking time.
- Also, if you live in high altitude (over 3,500 ft). then bake at 350 degrees F.
- These bars will be done when the edges are golden brown.
- Keep in mind, if you use a larger baking dish, such as a 9 x 12 or 9 x 13, these bars will appear thinner in texture and will bake in less time.
Other Toppings for Toffee Bars…
- chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- crushed peanuts or cashews
- rice crispies cereal
- crushed heath bar or your favorite chocolate bars
Options and Tips…
- I used coconut flour, but you can use your favorite gluten-free flour with this recipe.
- these bars are perfect for gift giving during the holidays.
- don’t have to wait for the holiday, they’re easy to whip up all year long.
- these bars will stay moist, if kept at room temperature.
- BEST to keep and serve them at room temperature.
- You can freeze these bars for up to 2 weeks.
Additional Gluten-Free & Nut-Free Treats…
These Quick & Easy Toffee Bars are great to whip up and bake. A delightful treat for everyone to enjoy!
I bet these bars will be the first to disappear as soon as they hit your holiday table.
Try this recipe… and ENJOY!!
More Holiday Sweets…
- Snow Ball Christmas Cookies
- Dulce de Leche Butter Cookies
- Peppermint Bark and Dark Chocolate Almond Kisses
- S’mores Dark Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) (113g) - very soft
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (112g) coconut flour ( I used Bob's, Red Mill)
- 1 + 1/2 cups (255g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (60g) Heath English Toffee Bits
1. Preheat oven to Bake at 325 degrees F. ( 165C).
2. In one medium-size mixing bowl. Blend butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt until creamy and well combined.
3. Gradually add in the gluten-free flour, and use your fingers to finish blending the flour into the butter mixture. the dough will be crumbly.
4. Spread the dough on the bottom of your 11 x 9 baking dish and into one single layer. Use your fingers to pat it down evenly and into the corners.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. When it's ready, turn off the oven.
6. Remove and scatter with chocolate chips on top. Next, return the baking dish back into the oven for at least 1 minute, or until the chocolate chips are glossy in appearance. Remove from oven, and use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the melted chocolate evenly in one single layer.
7. Sprinkle with English toffee bits on top. Place the baking dish aside on your counter to cool completely before cutting into bars. Or, to speed the cooling process, transfer into your refrigerator to chill for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Store in a sealed container. Best served at room temperature.
Yields: 24 to 28 toffee bars
Yield:24 to 28 bars
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 14.5gFiber: 2gSugar: 9.8gProtein: 1.5g
Hello friends! Are you baking or cooking with us? If you try these quick & easy toffee bars, please let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below. We’d love to hear from you.
Follow us on Social Media! Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like. It’s fun to see what you cook! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
SUBSCRIBE TO US! Enter your email and receive our recipes FREE every time we post!
Happy Baking! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
|Serving size: 1 bar|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 9.8g|
|Vitamin D 3mcg||17%|