Caffe Latte Ice Cream – Lightened!
Caffe Latte Ice Cream – Lightened! If you love caffé lattes as much as we do, then you’ll love this ice cream! Light, airy and delicious is how this caffé latte ice cream tastes, the same way we enjoy drinking our latte during the day, only it’s frozen! July is National Ice Cream month!
It’s a no-brainer! As temperatures rise, homemade ice creams are cheap to make and refreshing to eat all summer long.
It’s always a great treat to enjoy while it soothes and cools you down.
Best of all? This ice cream is made with only 3 ingredients!
Just the other day, we made our Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream -only 5 ingredients ice cream and wanted to make another flavor but couldn’t decide (so many flavors to choose from).
While I was making my latte in the morning, it dawned on me to try making my favorite caffé latte flavor.
For My Recipe…
1. Simply mix together the 3 ingredients (listed in our recipe card below), the same way when you make your caffé latte, only I used half and half instead of heavy cream or milk, some sugar, and 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso.
2. Next, chill the coffee mixture before pouring into your ice cream maker and then follow the directions according to your machine. It’s that simple!
If you love lattes as much as we do, then you can certainly start your day in the morning with your normal caffé latte and enjoy a frozen one at the end of the day as a sweet treat!
Finally, More Delicious Ice Cream or Gelato Recipes…
Easy Spumoni Ice Cream
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream- Lightened!
Tiramisu Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
Blackberry Chocolate Chip Gelato
Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream- Only 5 Ingredients
Sweet Cherry Pie Ice Cream
Yield: 1 + 1/2 quarts
Caffe Latte Ice Cream - Lightened!
Caffe Latte Ice Cream - Lightened! If you love caffé lattes as much as we do, then you'll love this ice cream! Light, airy and delicious is how this caffé latte ice cream tastes, the same way we enjoy drinking our latte during the day, only it's frozen!
Prep Time 35 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 ounces of brewed espresso coffee
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, stir sugar with warm (or hot) espresso and blend until sugar is mostly dissolved. Pour in half and half, and give it a good stir until well combined.
- Place the bowl into the fridge to chill, at least 1 to 2 hours, or freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes, until it's completely chilled.
- Then using an Ice Cream machine, your canister must be frozen before using.
- Pour the caffé latte mixture into your ice cream canister and follow the directions according to your machine, about 30 minutes.
- Yields: 1.5 quarts
For more delicious dessert ideas and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Any questions? Ask away! If you try our Caffe Latte Ice Cream Lightened, let us know and leave a comment. Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, be sure to tag us #2sistersrecipes and on Instagram @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you cook. 🙂
And, don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Weekly Newsletter Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones.
Stay Healthy and Happy Cooking!! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Wow this sounds so refreshing! It looks yummy too 🙂 Perfect for these hot summer days. Have a great week!
Thank You Tricia! Enjoy!
And the texture is so light- it's addicting!
This flavor sounds absolutely delicious to me! I love lattes and cappuccino.
If I could, I would slurp lattes all day long…so I know I would love this!
We hear ya Joanne! Lol!