Tasty and delicious Asian Chicken Salad is a chopped salad made with shredded green cabbage, carrots, celery, cashews, almonds, hearts of palm and cherry tomatoes. Then the chicken is quickly pan-seared, chopped and tossed into the salad with a ginger-lime balsamic dressing. It makes a quick and easy meal when you need one.
My sister Liz loves making salads! She made this Asian Chicken Salad for lunch the other day and I fell in love with it. I actually had to stop eating it and take out my camera to take some photos quickly, then asked her for the recipe.
Since my sister makes her dishes from whatever she can find in her pantry and vegetable drawer, creativity tends to blossom in the kitchen especially when time is limited. This is how this salad was born!
So for this recipe, she incorporated a small bag of already shredded cabbage and a handful of shredded carrots. Then she added a handful of mixed nuts, crispy wonton strips, some fresh cilantro, hearts of palm and cherry tomatoes.
Next, she quickly pan-seared one chicken breast on stove-top with some soy sauce until it was fully cooked. Then chopped it and added it to the cabbage mixture.
A simple dressing was created using fresh lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, a drizzle of honey and 2 tablespoons of ginger dressing from a bottle. She even added some black sesame seeds as the final touch.
I have to tell you, this salad was fantastic! I loved everything about it. It was crunchy from the addition of fresh vegetables and mixed nuts. Plus, the chicken added enough protein making this salad very filling and satisfying.
So good! It reminded me of the similar dishes we love to order at our favorite Thai restaurant in Charleston.
You have to try this recipe! Light tasting, refreshing chicken salad, you will probably want to make it over and over again.
Thanksgiving is next week! yikes – the time is flying by and then Christmas will be here before we know it, oh boy this year flew!
Have a good day everyone.
MORE TASTY SALADS!
- 4 to 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 celery - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp. almonds
- 1/2 cup crispy wonton strips
- 3 hearts of palm - rinsed, sliced into 1/2-inch thick
- 5 to 6 cherry tomatoes- sliced in halves
- fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tsp. teriyaki sauce
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp ginger dressing (from any store-bought bottle)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. black sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients, cabbage, carrots, celery, nuts, wonton strips,
- hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro.
- In a small nonstick pan, and over medium heat, pan-sear or grill the chicken breast for 2 minutes on both sides. Add the teriyaki sauce and some cracked black pepper and continue to cook until the chicken is fully cooked for about 5 minutes. Remove and chop into small pieces. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all the Asian dressing ingredients together and pour into the chopped salad, add the chopped chicken and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
If you make Liz’s Asian chicken salad, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too! Snap a photo and share it on social media, be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes or hashtag #2sistersrecipes.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
HAPPY Cooking! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!