Maple Glazed Carrots are crunchy and taste delicious! This recipe is simple, won’t break the bank and you probably have all the ingredients! Carrots are roasted in the oven with a mixture of maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon, creating a lovely caramelization with a delicious sweet and nutty flavor. These maple glazed carrots will make a great addition to your holiday table.
How to Make Maple Glazed Carrots:
For this recipe: all you will need to do is to peel a bunch of carrots, then cut them on a diagonal and toss them into a bowl with some maple syrup, olive oil, salt, cinnamon and some fresh garlic.
Then roast them in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until they are caramelized around the edges.
No need to boil them. Just roast in the oven with 5 ingredients!
It is extremely important to make sure the oven is very hot, it takes about 20 minutes to preheat the oven at a high temperature, this will give you plenty of time to peel and cut those carrots.
When the oven is extremely hot, it will begin the caramelization process, browning the sugar onto the carrots rather than boiling the carrots in the liquid.
Roasting carrots this way will intensify their natural flavors and sweetness in a way you can’t achieve when you boil them. Also, they will have slight crunch to their texture, not mushy or soft.
The only thing you will need to do is adjust the salt to your taste just before you serve them.
If you plan to make these maple glazed carrots for a crowd, you may want to double, or even triple this recipe.
What to Serve with Maple Glazed Carrots:
These carrots are very tasty and as a side dish will compliment any entree. Maple glazed carrots will go perfectly with our Roasted Turkey, or chicken and even with a Spiral Glazed Ham.
You may want to serve them with The Perfect Filet Mignon Roast, or with our Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs!
These maple glazed carrots are similar to our Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon, the difference is our sweet potato recipe has a softer texture, while the carrots have a crunchy texture.
Maple Glazed Carrots
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 2 to 3 servings
Maple Glazed Carrots are deliciously roasted carrots with maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon. Simple, easy to make and won't break the bank! And they make a great side dish for the holiday season!
- 1 pound of carrots (500g)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove -minced
- optional: 1 Tbsp. butter
- pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C)
- Peel each carrot. Then on a cutting board, cut them into thirds or even fourths, especially the ones that are too long. If some carrots are too thick, you can slice those lengthwise.
- Toss carrots into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Toss the carrots until well combined.
- Transfer to a 8 x 8, or a 7 x 10-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes. Pull them out and turn them over, or gently toss them to glaze evenly.
- Return back to the oven and continue to bake for additional 10 to 15 minutes. Carrots are ready when they are caramelized on the edges.
- Remove and allow them to rest before serving.
- Serve warm.
- Yields: 2 to 3 servings
… Thanks for Pinning!!