Crunchy, savory, and tasty, these Maple Glazed Carrots are simply roasted in the oven with 5 ingredients until they caramelize perfectly. A delicious side dish, these maple glazed carrots will make a great addition to your holiday table.
This recipe for carrots is very easy and simple. Plus, it won’t break the bank since you probably have all the ingredients!
Carrots are tossed in a bowl with a mixture of maple syrup, olive oil, garlic, and some cinnamon, creating a lovely caramelization of sweet and nutty flavors.
Reasons to LOVE this recipe for Maple Glazed Carrots…
- it’s budget-friendly
- loaded with vitamins and beta-carotene
- makes a colorful dish for your table
- it is low in calories
- super easy to make and roast
How to Make Maple Glazed Carrots?
For this recipe, you will need to simply:
- peel a bunch of carrots.
- then cut them on a diagonal.
- toss them into a bowl with some maple syrup, olive oil, salt, cinnamon, and some fresh garlic.
Then roast them in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until they are golden and caramelized around the edges.
Simple, easy, and delicious! No need to boil them.
Only roast them in the oven with 5 ingredients and serve.
Quick Notes and Tips…
- It is extremely important to make sure the oven is very hot. It takes about 20 minutes to preheat the oven at a high temperature.
- This will give you plenty of time to peel and cut those carrots.
- When the oven is extremely hot, it will begin the caramelization process, browning the sugar onto the carrots rather than boiling the carrots in the liquid.
- If you plan to make these maple glazed carrots for a crowd, you can easily double, or even triple this recipe.
Roasting carrots this way will intensify their natural flavors and sweetness. Also, they will have a slight crunch to their texture, not mushy or soft.
The only thing you will need to do is adjust the salt to your taste just before you serve them.
What to Serve with Maple Glazed Carrots?
These carrots are very tasty, and as a side dish, they will complement any entree.
Our maple glazed carrots will go perfectly with our:
These maple glazed carrots are similar to our Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon, the difference is our sweet potato recipe has a softer texture, while the carrots have a crunchy texture.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 pound of carrots (500g)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- optional: 1 Tbsp. butter
- pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 C)
- Peel each carrot. Then on a cutting board, cut them into thirds or even fourths, especially the ones that are too long. If some carrots are too thick, you can slice those lengthwise.
- Toss carrots into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Toss the carrots until well combined.
- Transfer to a 8 x 8, or a 7 x 10-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes. Pull them out and turn them over, or gently toss them to glaze evenly.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Carrots are ready when they are caramelized on the edges.
- Remove and allow them to rest before serving.
- Serve warm.
- Yields: 2 to 3 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 9.4gCarbohydrates: 23.9gFiber: 3.8gSugar: 15.4gProtein: 1.2g