This Fresh Orange Avocado Salsa is a citrus salsa that can be served as an appetizer with chips or as a topping for grilled chicken or fish. Refreshing clean taste, this salsa is made with aromatic flavors combining fresh oranges, jalapeno, cilantro, avocado, and lime. Perfect to snack on or serve as an appetizer while dinner is getting ready.
When everyone thinks of a dip like “Salsa,” normally what comes to mind is a tomato-based salsa, like our Simple and Easy Spicy Salsa. But this one is different. This salsa is made with chopped oranges and avocado instead of tomatoes.
And, it is AMAZING!!
Reasons to LOVE this SALSA Dip….
- It is SO light, giving an amazingly fresh taste in every bite.
- Not to mention it’s a great super-snack containing “the avocado.”
- This is one irresistible salsa you can serve all year round.
- It is so different from the traditional salsas we usually make.
- I love the fact it’s kid-friendly, simple, and refreshing, with only 60 calories per serving. Love that!
I made it last week and had some leftovers, so I used my orange avocado salsa over grilled chicken the next day and it was fabulous, to say the least!
Ingredients Needed to Make this Fresh Orange Avocado Salsa…
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
For our Fresh Orange Avocado Salsa:
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- some agave or honey
- garlic clove
- 2 navel oranges
- red onion
- fresh cilantro
- ripe avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 jalapeno
4-Easy Steps to Making this Avocado Salsa…
- First Step: Juice one lime. Then whisk together in a small bowl, the lime juice with agave or honey and garlic.
2. Second Step: peel at least 2 navel oranges, remove the pith, and chopped into pieces.
3. Third Step: Slice open an avocado, remove the pit, then chop into small pieces.
4. Last Step: Combine all the ingredients and gently toss to combine everything.
Additional Delicious Appetizers…
A few more recipes for Navel Oranges…
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. agave or honey
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 2 navel oranges - peeled, pith removed, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion- finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro - chopped
- 1 firm, ripe avocado - diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 jalapeno, seeded - finely diced
1. Whisk together the lime juice with honey and garlic in a small dish. Set aside.
2. Peel the oranges and remove the pith with a pairing knife. Remove segments and dice into half-inch pieces.
3. Mix the next three ingredients in a small bowl and toss with oranges. Gently fold in the lime mixture and avocado.
4. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Yields: about 2.5 cups
Serving Size:1/4 cup serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60 caloriesTotal Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutrition Facts (per 1/4 cup serving):
60 calories, 4g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 8g carbs, 1g protein, 3g fiber, and 4g sugar.
Thanks for Pinning!
Hey friends! If you tried our delicious Fresh Orange Avocado Salsa, let us know! We’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below with a star rating. It will benefit everyone who reads your comments, and it will help us too.
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and be the first to get our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
…thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz