Healthy Cucumber Appetizer Bites are made with sliced cucumbers, and hummus, topped with a sprinkle of dill, and a caper. With 4 ingredients and 5-minutes to prep, even if you have no confidence in the kitchen, you can pull this appetizer together and impress your guests. Plus, a cucumber appetizer can be made hours before your guests arrive. A win-win, even for non-cooks!
There is no actual recipe here, only an idea for an easy and elegant way to whip up a healthy bite-size appetizer without a lot of fuss.
A friend of mine called and asked me if I could give her an idea for a friend’s pot-luck St. Patrick’s dinner she was attending.
How about bringing a green-colored appetizer to the event?
She thought it was a great idea!
How to make Healthy Cucumber Appetizer Bites?
For this idea, I mentioned she needed to get to the store and pick up a few things.
INGREDIENTS to pick up…
- one English cucumber
- some dill (dried or fresh)
- a container of already-made cucumber hummus
- and a small jar of capers
Directions to make cucumber appetizer bites…
1. First, slice the cucumber into 1/4-inch thick slices.
2. Add a small dollop of cucumber hummus on top.
3. Garnish with a sprinkle of dill and top with one caper.
Here’s a Tip: Local grocery stores sell different flavored hummus’ making it very convenient. The creamy texture of the hummus makes an excellent flavor as the spread on the cucumber.
You might be tempted to choose other flavored hummus for this appetizer.
Bite-size appetizers like these are always a hit and delicious to serve for dinner guests or at a party. Simple and tasty!
Plus, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
Are you attending the St. Patrick’s Day parade? .. or maybe attending a friend’s party to celebrate the holiday? Whichever you decide to do, make it a great day!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 English cucumber, washed
- 1 container of cucumber hummus (or any hummus)
- small jar of small capers
- dried or fresh dill
- Slice cucumber into 1/4-inch thick slices. You should get about 20 to 25 slices.
- Dollop a small amount of hummus on top of each slice. Sprinkle with some dill and top with 1 small caper. Chill before serving.
- Yields: about 20 to 25 cucumber round bites
… and finally, More Delightful and “No-Cook” APPETIZERS!
- Cold Spinach Dip
- Carrot and Spinach Dip
- Easy Caprese Skewers
- Easy Mozzarella and Tomato Kabobs
- Burrata Caprese Crostini Bites
- Dates Stuffed with Mascarpone and Walnuts
- Sweet Melon with Prosciutto di Parma
That’s it friends! If you try our healthy cucumber appetizer bites recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you bake!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our weekly NEWSLETTER subscribe box and get our recipes FREE every time we post!
For more delicious ideas, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
Happy and Easy in the Kitchen! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz