Medjool Dates Filled with Mascarpone and Walnuts are easily stuffed with cheese and walnuts and topped with cocoa powder and orange rind. This no-bake recipe is a simple, easy-to-make bite-size treat that makes the perfect snack!
Medjool Dates Filled with Cheese and Walnuts…
- These little treats offer a wonderful complex of flavors, and textures.
- They are creamy and crunchy, with a delightful flavor of bitter chocolate, and garnished with a touch of citrus. YUM!
- These little gems offer a boost of protein and omega 3’s in every bite.
- If you love dates? Then you’ll love these little treats we created.
Ingredients Needed for these Stuffed Medjool Dates…
For this recipe, you will only need 5 ingredients:
- Medjool Dried Dates – loaded with nutrients and sweet enough to satisfy any cravings.
- Mascarpone Cheese – is a creamy Italian cheese with a mild flavor. You can find it at every supermarket, in their dairy section.
- Walnuts – packed with omega’s 3 and protein, which can make you feel fuller for longer.
- Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa – offer antioxidants and enough chocolate flavor to satisfy one’s cravings.
- Orange Rind – Italians love to pair orange with chocolate in desserts, and it’s the perfect amount in this dates.
Sometimes I’ll prepare these dates in advance and refrigerate them so we will have something sweet to serve after dinner.
How to Make These Stuffed Dates?
These are very easy to make! Plus, if you have a pastry bag to fill with the cheese, then it’s practically effortless. In the meantime, here is how you can make these little treats.
- Remove the pits from each date and discard them.
- Fill each date with some mascarpone cheese.
- Press 1 walnut into the cream of each walnut.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder over them. Top each one with a thin slice of orange rind.
- Chill before serving.
Facts about Medjool Dates…
1. They are packed with iron and high in fiber.
2. Dates are naturally delicious.
3. Plus, they are loaded with an impressive list of essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium and selenium.
4. These bite-size healthy treats are ready in minutes!
5. You can enjoy them alone as a snack when hunger strikes, or serve them as a small little dessert after a meal.
6. Healthy snack to pack and take them with you to work, or school.
Quick Notes and Tips:
- Medjool dates can be found in your dried fruits and nuts sections in most supermarkets, or you can easily buy them here on Amazon.
- You can refrigerate these treats for up to 3 days, or freeze them for 3 weeks.
- Serve them as little snacks, desserts, or even as appetizers. Perfect to bring to any pot-luck party, picnic, or BBQ.
Everyone seems to enjoy them every time we serve these little cuties.
Plus, they are even better when served chilled!
The first time we ever had these stuffed dates is when our dear friend Olivia made them for us at a luncheon, and she was so kind enough to share her recipe with us.
A delicious healthy treat or snack, try these dates filled with mascarpone and walnuts – they won’t disappoint!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!! Thanks again…
Additional Tasty Snacks and Appetizers!
- Cold Spinach Dip
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites (made with dates)
- Carrot and Spinach Dip
- Easy Mozzarella and Tomato Kabobs
- Healthy Cucumber Appetizer Bites
- Burrata Caprese Crostini Bites
- Sweet Melon with Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 package of dried dates (16 ounces)
- 1 (8-ounce) container of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder ( special dark chocolate, unsweetened)
- 1 orange rind - thinly sliced
- Carefully slice each DATE halfway through.
- Remove and discard the pit in each one.
- Take a small zip-lock bag, and use your scissors to cut a tiny hole in one corner of the bag.
- Add a small amount of mascarpone cheese to the bag. Twist the upper part of the zip lock bag closed. Lightly squeeze some mascarpone cheese into each date.
- Add a walnut in the center of each one. Pinch each one to close a little. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder over the top.
- Add a small slice of orange rind to each date.
- Refrigerate before serving. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serving Size:2 stuffed dates
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 9gCarbohydrates: 30.9gFiber: 4.3gSugar: 15.8gProtein: 5.9g
Are you cooking and baking with us? If you make these delicious dates, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating. We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to enter your email to our “Subscribe Box” and receive our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe!
Thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!