Dried Dates Filled with Mascarpone and Walnuts. California or Turkish dates stuffed with mascarpone cheese and walnuts are topped with cocoa powder and orange rind is a no-bake, simple, and easy bite-size treat that make the perfect snack!
Stuffed with only 2 ingredients, these Medjool dates filled with mascarpone and walnuts are great to serve at gatherings too.
They offer a wonderful complex of flavors, creamy and crunchy texture, bitter chocolate, and a touch of citrus. So yummy, you can’t eat just one!
Made with only 5 ingredients: mascarpone cheese, walnuts, Medjool dried dates, unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa, and orange, you can whip up these bite-size healthy treats in minutes!
Luckily, I have most of these ingredients on hand because these are commonly used in most Italian desserts.
My family loves eating dried dates. They are packed with iron and are naturally delicious. Plus, they are loaded with an impressive list of essential vitamins and minerals.
You can enjoy them alone as a snack, or turn them into these little delicious bite-size treats!
Sometimes I’ll prepare these dates in advance and refrigerate them so we will have something sweet to serve after dinner.
Medjool dates can be found in your dried fruits and nuts sections in most supermarkets, or you can easily buy them here on Amazon.
You can refrigerate these dates for up to 3 days, or freeze for 3 weeks.
Serve them as little snacks, or dessert, or even as appetizers. Perfect to bring to any pot-luck party, picnic, or BBQ.
Everyone seems to enjoy them every time we serve these little cuties. And they are best served chilled!
The first time we ever had these stuffed dates is when our dear friend Olivia made them for us at a luncheon, and she was so kind enough to share her recipe with us.
A healthy treat or snack, try these dates filled with mascarpone and walnuts – they won’t disappoint!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!! Thanks again…
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 package of dried dates (16 oz)
- 1 container of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder ( special dark chocolate, unsweetened)
- 1 orange rind - thinly sliced
- Carefully slice each DATE halfway through.
- Remove and discard the pit in each one.
- Take a small zip-lock bag, use your scissors to cut a tiny hole in one corner of the bag.
- Add a small amount of mascarpone cheese into the bag. Twist the upper part of the zip lock bag closed. Lightly squeeze some mascarpone cheese into each date.
- Add a walnut in the center of each one. Pinch each one to close a little. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder over the tops.
- Add a small slice of orange rind to each date.
- Refrigerate before serving. Refrigerate up to 3 days.