Caprese Style Omelet
Our tasty Caprese Style Omelet using 5 ingredients is deliciously cheesy and satisfying in every bite. Plus, it cooks up quickly in one skillet and it’s ready to serve in a matter of minutes. A delightful breakfast or lunch, this Caprese omelet is low-carb and high in protein. Perfect!
Omelets can be made with a few simple ingredients and are cooked quickly over higher heat. They are served hot straight from the stove and make an ideal meal for breakfast or a quick lunch.
From time to time, you can toss in some leftover veggies from the night before. Some of our faves are Best Zucchini Omelet and our Mom’s Easy Potato Omelet, just to name a few.
Quick Notes and Tips about Our Caprese Style Omelet…
- Our recipe will make one large omelet, using 3 whole eggs, enough for two servings.
- If you prefer to make “two” individual omelets, you can do so by using 4 eggs instead of 3 eggs. Then divide up the recipe using 2 eggs per omelet. Also, you can pan-sear additional slices of tomatoes and chop extra slices of mozzarella.
- Keep in mind, that the amount of mozzarella for this recipe is plenty. Too much mozzarella would be overpowering.
- For best results and flavor, always use fresh mozzarella with this recipe.
How To Make Caprese Style Omelet? (Step-by-Step, or full recipe card below!)
For our Caprese Omelet recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- some olive oil
- a couple of eggs
- 1 ripe tomato
- fresh mozzarella
- some fresh basil
- and, of course, some salt and black pepper.
Directions to Make this Caprese Style Omelet:
1. Prepare the Ingredients: You will need 4 slices of a tomato, and 2 slices of mozzarella, chopped into cubes, and some fresh basil torn into pieces. Then lightly beat 3 eggs and set them aside.
2. Heat the Skillet and Pan-Sear Tomato Slices: On moderate heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Place the 4 slices of tomatoes into the skillet. Pan sear them for about 1 minute per side until tomatoes are softened. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper over each slice. When done, remove and set them onto a nearby plate.
3. Make the Omelet: In the same skillet, add tablespoon of olive oil. Pour in the beaten eggs. When the eggs start to bubble and cook, place the slices of tomatoes on one side of the omelet. You can slightly overlap them if you need to. Next, top the tomatoes with chopped mozzarella and fresh basil. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Time To Flip Over One Side: When the mozzarella starts to melt, use a spatula to pick up the other side of the omelet and flip it over to cover the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Lower the heat and cover with a lid for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove and serve.
*QUICK NOTE: If the omelet breaks in half while flipping it over, no worries. Do the best you can, it will always turn out scrumptious!
Caprese Style Omelet is positively delicious!
The tomatoes are juicy and flavorful, along with fresh basil gives this omelet a Mediterranean touch. It is simple but quick and easy. Try this recipe…
Thanks for Pinning!
Additional Ideas for an Easy Breakfast or Lunch…
- Breakfast Parfait with Greek Yogurt
- 10 Best Muffin Recipes
- Breakfast Egg Sliders To Go!
- Greek Salad Pita Pizza
- Avocado Toast for Breakfast
Caprese Style Omelet
This easy Caprese Style Omelet is cheesy delicious and satisfying! Made with 5 ingredients, and a few minutes to cook, this omelet is ready to serve in no time! Perfect for breakfast or an easy lunch.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 4 slices from a ripe tomato
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella - chopped
- 4 basil leaves - chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS: First, crack 3 eggs into a small mixing bowl, and lightly beat them, using a fork or whisk. Set it aside.
- Chop 2 slices of mozzarella into cubes, then chop a few fresh basil leaves and set them aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on moderate heat. Add the 4 slices of tomato and pan sear the slices for about 30 seconds per side, until they are softened. Sprinkle with some salt and black pepper over each slice. When done, remove and set them aside on a nearby plate.
- COOK THE EGGS: Next, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet. Pour in the beaten eggs. Lower the heat a little. As the eggs sizzle, and start to cook, add the 4 slices of tomatoes to one side of the omelet, and slightly overlap them if you need to.
- Top with pieces of mozzarella and chopped fresh basil. Simmer for about 1 minute until the eggs are no longer running.
- TIME TO FLIP OVER ONE SIDE: Use a spatula and flip over one-half of the omelet to cover the side with the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Cover with a lid, and simmer until the mozzarella is melted about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and serve. NOTE: If you wish, you can cut the omelet in half ( as I did) and serve it with some fresh fruit and berries on the side as garnish. Or divide the omelet into two pieces and transfer them onto two individual plates and serve.
- Yields: 1 to 2 servings
Serving Size:1 serving (1/2 of omelet)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 25.7gSaturated Fat: 7.1gCarbohydrates: 3.3gFiber: .6gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 16.7g
If you make our Caprese-style omelet let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too!
Follow us on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and FACEBOOK! And, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes FREE every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
xo anna and liz
i do love an omelette! a bit of cheese inside all melty and i’m in love.
Thanks so much, Sherry!