Avocado Toast for Breakfast is a delicious and simple idea for a healthier toast that requires no cooking and provides the essential fat, fiber, vitamins and energy to start your day!
All you need is one ripe avocado, plus 4 additional ingredients to make this avocado toast and enjoy something healthy for breakfast, or as an afternoon snack!
Best of all, it’s quick and easy!
This tasty avocado toast for breakfast is truly good for you. It is packed with tons of nutrients, plus it’s high in fiber, creating the perfect morning boost.
Above all, avocados have more potassium than bananas and are loaded with monounsaturated fats, the same good fat found in olive oil.
Let me tell you, as soon as you take your first bite into this delicious avocado toast, you’ll be mesmerized by its unique and complex flavors and textures it offers.
The fresh zesty flavors plus its smooth and creamy texture from the mashed avocado layered over a warm crispy toasted bread, create an amazing savory flavor in every bite.
It’s literally addicting!
And it goes perfectly with our easy low-fat caffe lattes for a scrumptious breakfast!
A Few Tips and Notes:
Best to keep avocados in the fridge so they’re nice and cold before using for this recipe.
I used the juice of a lime mixed with the avocado, but you can use fresh lemon juice instead.
Avocado Toast is not only great for breakfast, but you can also enjoy eating them for lunch or even as an afternoon snack too!
Use good quality extra virgin olive oil, it makes a huge difference in flavor.
Nowadays, local cafes and restaurants have avocado toast on their menus. My daughter loves to order it from time to time, but it’s very pricey. I’d rather make it at home for her and it’s easy on the wallet!
This recipe for avocado toast for breakfast was inspired by my daughter Lizzy who is the absolute avocado lover!
There’s really nothing to this recipe. It’s basically mashed avocado with lime juice slathered on top of a slice of toasted bread with a few seasonings, fresh chives and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. That’s it!
If you love avocados as much as she does, then here is another scrumptious breakfast idea for you to try, our Avocado Spinach Fruit Smoothie!
Try them both, they won’t disappoint!
*You can follow along here, or jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card!
Ingredients for Avocado Toast for Breakfast:
1 ripe avocado- mashed
1 thick slice of multi-grain bread or any bread
juice of 1 small lime
sea salt (I used Celtic Sea Salt)
fresh chives finely minced
1. In a small bowl, using a fork, mash one fresh avocado and stir with fresh lime juice, until well combined and the texture is creamy.
2. Toast 1 slice of your favorite bread in a toaster or toaster oven, until crispy golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Using a spatula or knife, spread evenly on top of warm toast with mashed avocado.
4. Lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt, and fresh chopped chives. Slice avocado toast down the middle or slightly diagonally. Serve immediately.
Need More Tasty Breakfast Ideas, try these:
- Avocado Toast for Breakfast
- 1 ripe avocado- mashed
- 1 thick slice of multi grain bread or any bread
- juice of 1 small lime
- crushed red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt (I used Celtic Sea Salt)
- fresh chives finely chopped
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mash one fresh avocado and stir with fresh lime juice, until well combined and the texture is creamy.
- Toast 1 slice of your favorite bread in a toaster or toaster oven, until crispy golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a spatula or knife, spread evenly on top of warm toast with mashed avocado.
- Lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and fresh chopped chives. Slice avocado toast down the middle or slightly diagonally. Serve immediately.
- Serves 1
Hey friends! If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes. And, PIN on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘subscribe box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Eat well, smile often! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!