Cinnamon Swirl Raisin French Toast with Nutella. From the very first bite, to the last and every one in between, this french toast gives you instant gratification. Moist, sweet and best tasting, this Cinnamon Swirl Raisin French Toast with Nutella is a scrumptious treat! I don’t know whether to call it breakfast or a dessert.
Cinnamon swirl raisin bread turns into an amazing breakfast in a snap! I used a loaf of my favorite bread, dipped into an egg and milk wash and grilled until golden brown. Then topped with a drizzle of Nutella and powered sugar, and served with fresh Strawberries on the side. Heck!
This was the best french toast we’ve ever had. Best tasting and savory, we really should call this french toast with Nutella a dessert rather than breakfast.
Every weekend, my husband loves a big breakfast. And it’s the usual eggs, toast, bacon or sometimes pancakes or waffles, and the rest of us, me, myself and I – rather gulp down a green smoothie. Don’t laugh.
Well, this time he was craving french toast. And since I haven’t made it in a while, I thought to make this french toast using my favorite bread, cinnamon swirl raisin bread.
I just so happened to have a loaf in the house, which I found in our freezer. I did not make this one, I purchased it at a local bakery.
If I don’t have any homemade? No problem! You can buy cinnamon raisin bread from any local bakery or supermarket and have them slice the bread into one-inch thick slices. The thicker the slice the better the french toast will turn out, keeping the center moist.
The nutella adds the perfect of amount of a nutty-chocolaty flavor to the cinnamon and raisin bread. With fresh strawberries on top or on the side, this easy french toast turns our amazing! The flavors are truly unbelievable! For me, it’s the best French Toast that’s effortless!
If you are planning a brunch for Easter, you may want to add this quick recipe for cinnamon swirl raisin french toast with nutella to your menu. It’s so simple and requires no fuss at all.
Make this french toast with your favorite morning coffee or tea. Best of all, we think it’s restaurant-quality, without paying for the tab at the end of the meal. 🙂
We like to wish everyone a wonderful weekend.
And, from our family to yours …have a Happy Easter! Enjoy!
Thanks for Pinning!
Looking for other breakfast ideas? Try these:
Are you cooking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘subscribe box’ and get our recipes FREE everytime we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
xo Anna and Liz
- 3 slices, from loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread, cut into 1-inch thick
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces low-fat milk or half-and-half
- 1 jar of Nutella
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- powdered sugar
- olive oil cooking spray
- In a large non-stick skillet, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet on low-heat. Take out 3 dinner plates and set them aside.
- In the meantime, lightly beat egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Dip one slice at a time into the milk and egg mixture, allowing
- to soak for a 1 to 2 seconds on each side.
- Place each toast into the skillet and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the toast turns golden brown. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Place slices of fresh strawberries on the side onto each plate, or on top of each toast.
- Drizzle with a teaspoon of Nutella over the tops of each toast.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top of each plate. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 3 French Toasts