These Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Raisins and Walnuts are breakfast rolls made with no yeast, no rising time, and are super delicious! There’s nothing like the fresh aroma of warm cinnamon rolls in the morning, especially if you have freshly brewed coffee nearby.
Cinnamon rolls with chewy raisins and crunchy walnuts couldn’t be easier. It’s a simple recipe made with only 6 ingredients, puff pastry, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins, and walnuts.
And anyone can make and bake these rolls in minutes!
I’m posting this recipe again since I make these cinnamon rolls often! This is an older post but I love to revive it every now and then.
As you know, I saw this recipe years ago on a cooking show. Although I don’t remember who made them, it didn’t matter to me, since it was good enough for me to save the recipe in my book.
Cinnamon rolls are everyone’s favorite! You may want to try our Easy Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls!
These two are made the same way. Perfect to serve on any weekend.
I used a package of frozen Pastry Puff to stand in for a traditional yeasted dough. It’s super quick, easy to open and work with, once you allow it to thaw for a few minutes.
What I love about these no yeast cinnamon rolls is that there’s no downtime to wait for the dough to rise, and no cooking a filling.
Just roll out the dough and scatter all the ingredients.
Warm cinnamon rolls topped with a vanilla glaze icing for a little extra sweetness is perfect to serve while drinking some espresso coffee or with our Easy Low-Fat Caffe Lattes.
…Oh, what could be better than that?
These cinnamon rolls are very light, with a flaky crust and lightly sweetened (just the way I like them).
Their delicate and fluffy texture is similar to that of a French pastry. Ooh-la-la…
Mm.. these rolls are so good, you can eat two and not feel guilty! And once again, they turned out great, and everyone LOVED’EM!
Best of all, one cinnamon roll is only 239 calories!
Try these Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Raisins and Walnuts, they will make your mornings great!
*Step-by-Step Directions with Full Recipe Card Below!
...Thanks for PINNING!!
*Follow with our Step-by-Step directions, or just jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card.
Ingredients for Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Raisins and Walnuts:
1 package Puff Pastry Sheets (Pepperidge Farm)
1/2 stick of butter – melted
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup organic raisins
1/4 to 1/2 cup walnuts – lightly crushed
Vanilla Glaze Icing:
EASY TO FOLLOW… Step-by-Step Directions:
1. Open the package of pastry and allow to thaw for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to Bake 375 degrees F (200 C).
Next, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts and set it aside.
2. MAKE THE ROLLS: First, sprinkle some all-purpose flour onto a surface, counter, or a board. Then unfold the first pastry sheet.
3. Using a pastry brush, generously brush melted butter onto the pastry sheet.
4. Sprinkle the pastry sheet with 1/2 of the filling mixture. Reserve the remaining half for the second pastry puff sheet.
5. Take one end and begin to roll the dough until it ends.
6. Lightly pinch the end. Using a knife, mark the roll into 6 even slices (as shown in the photo below).
7. Then cut the roll into the 6 pieces. Set them aside.
8. Repeat the process again with the second pastry sheet.
9. Finally, lightly brush the inside of each muffin cup with melted butter.
Brush all 12 cups!
10. Sprinkle each with some crushed walnuts.
11. Then, place each roll into a muffin cup. Gently press down onto the walnuts.
12. Bake at 375 degrees, for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden on top. Allow cooling for about 3 minutes. Spread some vanilla icing on top. Serve warm.
Yields: 12 rolls
Directions for Vanilla Glaze Icing:
Blend all the ingredients together, stir until the mixture is smooth and adjust the milk if needed. Icing should be thick and creamy. Using a tablespoon to glaze each cinnamon roll on top. Serve warm.
If you try our easy cinnamon rolls with raisins and walnuts, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below. We’d love to hear from you!
For More BREAKFAST Ideas, try these!
That’s it friends!! Have a wonderful and safe weekend!
And, in case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR POSTS THIS WEEK:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
- 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets ( Pepperidge Farm)
- 1/2 stick of butter - melted
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup walnuts - lightly crushed
- One 12 cup muffin pan
Vanilla Glaze Icing:
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 to 5 tsp. of whole milk
- PREHEAT OVEN to Bake at 375 degrees F (200 C). Next, open the package of pastry and allow the pastry sheets to thaw for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and crushed walnuts. Set it aside.
- MAKE THE ROLLS:
- Sprinkle some flour onto a work surface, on the counter, or board.
- Unfold one pastry sheet (working with one at a time).
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush melted butter onto the pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle on top with half of the brown sugar mixture. Reserve the remaining half for the second pastry sheet.
- Take one end and begin to roll the dough until it ends.
- Lightly pinch the end. Using a knife, divide by marking the 6 pieces.
- Then cut the roll into the 6 pieces.
- Repeat the process again with the second pastry sheet.
- PREPARE the MUFFIN PAN:
- Lightly brush the inside of each muffin cup with melted butter.
- Brush all 12 cups!
- Sprinkle each with some crushed walnuts.
- Place each roll into a muffin cup. Gently press down onto the walnuts. Place the muffin pan on the middle rack of your oven.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden on top.
- Allow cooling for about 5 minutes before spreading the icing on top. Spread the icing on top. Serve warm.
- Yields: 1 dozen
Directions for Vanilla Glaze Icing:
- Blend all the ingredients together, stir until the mixture is smooth and adjust the milk if needed. Icing should be thick and creamy. Using a tablespoon to glaze each cinnamon roll on top. Serve warm.
These cinnamon rolls are best served and consumed the day you make them. They will stay fresh for up to 24 hours. Also, baking time will vary depending on your oven.
Yield:12 cinnamon rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239