Sausage Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed red peppers with crumbled Italian sausages, Parmesan cheese and Italian breadcrumbs, takes a new spin on a classic favorite of sausage and peppers. Red bell peppers gets a delicious balance of rich flavors in every bite, making dinner a snap in this easy and tasty casserole.
My daughter Annalisa actually made this dish while I was visiting New York a few weeks ago. She was so proud, she posted the photo on Facebook, and received immediate raves. Many asking her for the recipe. Her sausage stuffed peppers turned out so good, I finally had the chance to post her recipe.
Everyone loved them. Hands down!
This recipe is a simple 2 step process:
First, you will need to fully cook the crumbled sausage, then drain on paper towels before mixing with the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture.
Next, mix the cooked sausages with some cheese, bread crumbs, olive oil and parsley until well combined.
Then slice and clean each pepper.
Stuff each pepper with some sausage and cheese mixture, dividing the mixture evenly.
Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the peppers are tender. Be sure to allow them to cool a little before serving, the filling will be extremely hot.
My oldest daughter is loving to cook these days. Even though she doesn’t have her own blog. She loves to write and is actually very good at it considering she was and still is a journalist and anchor for a popular news network.
Maybe she’ll think about starting her own one day, but for now she is busy being a mom and caring for my beautiful grandchildren and my loving son-in-law. We’re so proud of her!
Try these sausage stuffed peppers with a side of vegetables or a salad and a glass of red wine, and enjoy a delicious meal! Have a great day!
Also, try our Sicilian Sausage and Peppers! Enjoy!!
Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 6 to 8
Sausage Stuffed Peppers are red peppers stuffed with crumbled sweet Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese and Italian breadcrumbs, takes a new spin on a classic favorite of sausage and peppers. Red bell peppers gets a delicious balance of rich flavors in every bite, making dinner a snap and simple as an all-in-one casserole.
- 3 or 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian pork or chicken sausage
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup to ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- olive oil cooking spray
- Lightly spray a large (12 x 9) Pyrex baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Wash and slice peppers once down the middle. Remove seeds, and place peppers on a Pyrex baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook sausage on stove top until thoroughly cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain cooked sausage on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add crumbled sausage, and mix well. The mixture should be moist; if not, add more olive oil.
- Stuff each pepper with the sausage mixture.
- BAKE in oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the peppers are tender and softened to the touch. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yields: 6 to 8 servings