Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake
This delicious Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake is loaded with fresh chopped pears inside and topped with a warm pear maple-pecan topping. A flavorful combination of pears and pecans, this cheesecake is delightfully satisfying and the perfect dessert to serve for the holidays!
What Kind of Pears to use with this Cheesecake?
- I used 2 firm-ripe Bartlett pears. Peeled, then chop them into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You can also use Comice pears or Bosc pears, which are also good for baking.
How to Make Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake… (step by step)
There are four easy steps to making this Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake:
1. Prepare the Crust:
Use an 8-inch springform pan, and place two sheets of foil wrap under the pan. Wrap the outside of the springform pan with aluminum foil.
Next, combine the ingredients to make the crumbs: finely chopped pecans, graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and some sugar and firmly press them into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Transfer the prepared crust to your freezer to chill the crust while you prepare the filling.
2. Prepare the Cheesecake Filling:
In a large mixing bowl, blend the ingredients into a creamy mixture. Blend for about 2 minutes, until there the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Take 1 pear, peel, and chop into very small pieces. Fold in the filling 1 heaping cup of freshly chopped pears. Mix until the chopped pear is well distributed into the batter.
Next, carefully remove the “crust” from the freezer and pour in the cheesecake filling.
Place the cheesecake into a large roasting pan. Carefully pour enough hot water into the roasting pan, at least 1-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
3. Bake the Cheesecake:
Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the water bath and allow it to cool in the pan on a wire rack. Then transfer the cheesecake while in the pan into your freezer for at least 2.5 hours to chill completely.
4. Make the Maple-Pecan Topping:
In a small skillet, cook the maple syrup with 1 cup of chopped pears, along with pumpkin pie spice until the maple syrup thickens, about 8 minutes. Stir in the chopped pecans and remove from heat.
TO SERVE: remove cheesecake from the springform pan, transfer to a serving plate and spoon the warm pear mixture over the chilled cheesecake and serve.
NOTES and TIPS for our Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake!
- Keep in mind, the crust does not have to be perfect when making cheesecake.
- The texture in this cheesecake is nothing short of rich, creamy, and crunchy in every bite. The chopped pears inside this cheesecake offer a delightful texture.
- You can serve it with the warm topping over chilled cheesecake, or have the entire dessert chilled before your guests arrive.
- MAKE AHEAD: you can make this cheesecake the night before and chill it in the refrigerator overnight. Then make the warm pear maple-pecan topping and spoon it on top of a chilled cheesecake before serving.
TO STORE and FREEZE:
- Cover the cheesecake with clear wrap and keep it chilled in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for days.
- It’s best to cover with aluminum foil and freeze cheesecake in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Kitchen Equipment I used…
What to Serve with Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake…
Additional Delicious Recipes for Cheesecake!
- Easy NO-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Holiday Cranberry Cheesecake (NO-BAKE!)
- Eggnog Cheesecake with Candied Pecans
- Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe -Lightened!
- Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce
- Lemon Raspberry Panna Cotta Cheesecake
Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake is a delicious dessert to serve this holiday season. The combination of flavors and textures will delight your family and guests! Try this recipe, it won’t disappoint.
Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake
Pear Maple-Pecan Cheesecake is loaded with fresh chopped pears inside the cheesecake and topped with a warm pear maple-pecan topping. The crust is also loaded with chopped pecans, making this dessert delightfully satisfying in every way!
For the CRUST:
- 1 + 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 crackers, pulsed into crumbs)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter - melted
- 2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature (cut into pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of peeled, chopped firm-ripe Bartlett pear - divided ( about 1 whole pear)
Pear Maple-Pecan Topping:
- 1 cup peeled, chopped pear (about 1 whole pear) - chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Rearranges oven racks to secure one rack in the middle of the oven. Then, make room in your freezer to fit an 8-inch springform pan. Next, wrap the outside of the 8-inch springform pan with 2 sheets of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Make the Crust: Stir together graham cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl until well combined. Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared pan. Use a small round cup or measuring cup to firmly press into the bottom and about 1.5 inches up the sides of the springform pan. Transfer the pan into your freezer to freeze the crust.
- Meanwhile, Make the Filling: In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, the cream cheese, and sugar, and blend with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add the sour cream, flour, and vanilla extract. Continue to blend for additional 2 minutes, until well combined and smooth.
- Fold 1 heaping cup of chopped pears into the cream cheese filling, until evenly distributed.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer, and place it in a large roasting pan.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust. Transfer the roasting pan to the middle oven rack. Slowly pour hot water into the roasting pan to come about 1 inch up sides of the springform pan.
- BAKE at 325 degrees F, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from the water bath. Carefully remove and discard the foil from the pan. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the pan for at least 30 to 45 minutes on a wire rack. Then transfer the cheesecake back into the freezer to chill for at least 2.5 hours.
- PREPARE the Pear Maple-Pecan TOPPING: In a small skillet, and on medium heat, cook 1 heaping cup of chopped pears, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup, stirring often, until the maple syrup thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped pecans, until well combined.
- Spoon the warm pear maple-pecan mixture over the chilled cheesecake. (Here is where you can either serve or cover with clear wrap and chill until you're ready to serve.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Thanks for PINNING!
Hi Friends… any questions? Ask away!
Tried this recipe? Let us know and leave a comment below! Plus, you can take a photo and share it on Pinterest or Instagram and be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
For more delicious recipes and ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Don’t forget to enter your email and Subscribe! Get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones.
Happy Baking! 🙂
..thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz