How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream? Making homemade whipped cream (or Chantilly cream) is easier than you make think. With only 3 ingredients, you can make fresh wholesome whipped cream in minutes. And when you serve it with your favorite holiday desserts, and fresh berries, and even top your lattes and hot chocolate, it’s divine!
There’s nothing like fresh homemade whipped cream to serve with your favorite desserts. What better way to elevate your delicious treats with some luscious thick and creamy whipped cream.
It’s the best!
Homemade Whipped Cream – verses – the Commercial Brands
With Homemade Whipped Cream:
- it’s all natural ingredients
- contains no air
- doesn’t melt quickly
- it’s thicker and creamier
- no preservatives, corn syrups or high frustose corn syrup added whatsoever
Ingredients Needed to Make Homemade Whipped Cream…
You only need these 3 ingredients:
- whipping cream or heavy cream: should be very cold/chilled.
- vanilla extract: this is a must for flavoring.
- powdered sugar: to sweeten the flavor and help thicken the cream.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream (step-by-step)…
- THE CREAM: It’s important to have the cream already chilled in the refrigerator. It has to be cold.
2. THE BOWLS: You will need two stainless steel bowls, one to fill with ice cubes and the other to sit on top of the ice. This will allow you to make whipped cream quickly and easily, without any downtime.
Now, if your have everything you need – let’s get started!
Step 1: PREPARE The BOWLS…
Fill the bottom of one bowl with some ice and a splash of water; it can be ice cubes or crushed ice. Just place the second mixing bowl in the bowl that contains part ice and some water.
Step 2: BLEND THE CREAM…
Pour one cup of whipping cream or heavy cream into your bowl. Use a hand-held blender to start blending the cream on medium speed, for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cream starts to thicken.
Step 3: ADD THE SUGAR AND EXTRACT…
Add in the powdered sugar and extract. Blend on high speed for at least 3 minutes, until the cream forms thick peaks. Transfer the whipped cream into a serving bowl.
Step 4: TO STORE and CHILL…
Cover with clear wrap and chill it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it up with your favorite desserts or dollop on top of your morning’s latte.
Tips for Making Homemade Whipped Cream…
- When you first blend the cream, start on a lower speed, or on medium speed. This will allow the cream to slightly thicken after a few minutes of blending, and this will prevent the cream from splashing out of the bowl, creating a mess.
- After the cream starts to thicken, then you can raise the speed to HIGH, while blending.
- It’s best to use stainless steel mixing bowls because they will keep the liquid even colder while blending.
- One cup of whipping cream will yield about 3 cups of homemade whipped cream.
- If need a larger amount of whipped cream, then double the ingredients.
- If the cream softens after one day, you can once again whip it for a few minutes and bring it back to the thick creamy consistency.
Favorite desserts to serve it with:
- Holiday Cranberry Cheesecake (No Bake!)
- Peppermint Mocha Latte (Starbucks copycat)
Options for other Whipped Flavors…
Besides vanilla, there are so many awesome flavors to make homemade whipped cream. You can simply substitute vanilla extract for some of these:
- almond extract.
- peppermint extract.
- lemon extract (or fresh lemon juice).
- banana extract.
- maple extract.
- orange extract.
- add a shot of espresso or instant espresso powder.
- add some unsweetened cocoa powder to make chocolate cream.
Options to serve flavored whipped creams:
- Lemon Whipped Cream: Serve with fresh berries, easy lemon cream pie, or blueberry crumble pie, and parfaits.
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream: Serve with your favorite pies, like apple pie, easy apple cake, and our maple walnut apple crisp.
- Peppermint Whipped Cream: Serve with your favorite zucchini chocolate brownies, chocolate cake, hot chocolate, and peppermint mocha latte.
- Banana Whipped Cream: Serve with chocolate or banana chocolate chip ice cream.
- Maple Whipped Cream: Serve with lemon ricotta pancakes, or over vanilla, walnut ice cream.
- Coffee/Espresso Whipped Cream: Serve with chocolate cake, or with our Nutella Caffe Latte.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream: Serve with fresh strawberries, raspberries, pound cake, milk shakes, and vanilla or coffee ice cream.
Questions and Answers…
1.Can we make dairy-free whipped cream?
Yes, you can. But we recommend you use “Coconut Cream” and not coconut milk beverages. Then follow the same recipe.
2. Can we make it ahead?
Yes, you can make it at least 24 hours ahead. Store it in a bowl, and seal it with clear wrap and keep it chilled in the fridge.
3. How to store whipped cream?
Cover with clear wrap and keep it chilled until you are ready to serve it. It is best to consume the cream within 24 hours, otherwise, it will softened.
4. Can we freeze whipped cream?
I would not recommend it. Since it is freshly made, when it thaws it will lose much of its consistency.
- 1 cup (240 ml) or ( 232g) cold whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 mixing bowls
- hand-held electric mixer
1. Fill the bottom of one bowl with some ice and a splash of water; it can be ice cubes or crushed ice. Then place the second mixing bowl to sit directly on top of the ice.
2. Pour in the cream. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cream begins to thicken.
3. Add the powdered sugar and extract, and continue to beat on HIGH speed for additional 3 to 4 minutes, until it forms stiff peaks.
4. Transfer the whipped cream to a serving bowl and serve immediately., or cover with clear wrap and chill in your refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
yields: 3 cups
Yield:6 to 8 servings
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 7.4gCarbohydrates: 3.3gSugar: 2.7gProtein: .4g
That’s it friends! Tried this recipe for homemade whipped cream? Let us know and leave a comment below. It helps everyone who reads them, especially any adaptions to this recipe.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes, every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Have a great day! 🙂
….thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
|Serving size: 1/4 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.4g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 2.7g|
|Vitamin D 10mcg||52%|