Paleo Banana Muffins. When you have ripe bananas what better way to use them than these Paleo Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! These healthy banana muffins are loaded with 2 cups of mashed bananas, along with a few more staple ingredients making them fluffy, super moist, and delicious. The subtle flavor of chocolate from the chocolate chips seals the deal with these banana muffins.
Paleo Banana Muffins…
What to do when you have ripe bananas? The best way to use up ripe bananas is to make something with them, like muffins for the mornings.
Banana muffins are perfect to serve at breakfast with your favorite coffee or tea, or in the afternoon as a healthy snack.
Deliciously moist, with a subtle chocolate flavor, these muffins will bring a smile to everyone who tries them.
Just like our recipe for paleo pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, they were a hit too!
With this new flavor, I bet your family will go bananas over them! Literally.
Increasing the amount of mashed ripe bananas and using quality maple syrup, is what makes these muffins so flavorful and super moist.
The other day, my daughter asked me to make paleo muffins. I said, of course!
So, I decided to whip up a batch and adapted some of the ingredients from our original Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe.
Besides being paleo, these muffins have an even balance of chocolate and banana flavor. They are moist, fluffy, and very flavorful – every time.
This was my first time making banana muffins Paleo, and they turned out better than I could have imagined. Plus, they’re not-too-sweet.
Yeah, I guess you could say… they are perfect in every way. 😉
Ingredients for Paleo Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Here are the ingredients you will need for this recipe, with links to Amazon included.
olive oil – or extra virgin olive oil
any non-dairy milk – either almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk
ripe bananas – at least 4
flour – coconut flour, or almond flour
chocolate chips – semi-sweet chocolate chips
Just like most of our recipes, the batter is whipped up with a good whisk, or if you prefer, you can use a hand-held mixer. I won’t judge.
Everyone will enjoy these healthy paleo banana chocolate chip muffins.
Try them and have a great day!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Cook’s Notes and Tips:
It’s best to wait until the muffins are cooled before removing the paper from them.
If the muffins are still too warm, the paper will stick to the muffins- like glue. For sure.
When bananas get too ripe, it’s best to peel them and toss them into a zip-lock bag and freeze them. When you need one for a recipe, remove the amount needed, and allow it to defrost. Perfect when you need them for a recipe or for a smoothie!
If frozen, place frozen bananas onto a plate and into the microwave. Press 1 or 2 minutes to defrost. It’s best to have all ingredients at the same temperature before baking, if possible.
Keep in mind, all gluten-free flours will give you a different texture with baked goods.
Processed maple syrup loaded with corn syrup and preservatives will not work with this recipe.
Don’t be alarmed, the muffins will deflate as they cool.
If you love Paleo Muffins, then you should try our other favorite, Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Finally, More Healthy Muffins to Try…
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
- Lemon Zucchini Poppy Seed Muffins
- Death by Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Oat Muffins
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) olive oil ( or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (43.33 grams) dairy-free milk ( almond, oat, or coconut)
- 4 medium ripe bananas - mashed with a fork (about 2 cups, or 600 grams)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups (272 grams) of flour - (coconut or almond)
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (176 C).
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or a good whisk, blend olive oil, maple syrup, milk, and mashed bananas, and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and 2 cups of flour.
- Blend for 2 to 3 minutes on medium speed, until well combined. Or whisk until well blended.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake these Paleo Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins for 30 to 32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and set them aside for about 3 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container. Muffins will stay fresh for 24 hours. Or chill in refrigerate to keep fresh for up to 4 days. Muffins will freeze for up to 2 weeks.m
- Yields: 16 muffins
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 11.6gCholesterol: 0mgFiber: 1.2gSugar: 17.9gProtein: 2.2g
|Serving size: 1 muffin|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11.6g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.2g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|
|Total Sugars 17.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a|