Sometimes, making a simple sandwich means getting back to basics. Take a Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich, for example, with juicy tomatoes nestled in the center. Grilled to a perfect crunch and oozing with creamy, melted cheese, it’s a classic that never gets old. Mmmm! Grilled cheese, it’s a classic that never gets old.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches…
When it comes to whipping up something for lunch or an easy dinner, a grilled cheese sandwich comes to our minds.
It is fast and easy and perfect to make any time hunger strikes.
For our grilled cheese, we added a slice or two of tomatoes; it gives it a nice twist, and the flavor is delicious!
My family absolutely loved this sandwich! It is fantastic to make it after school and add a variety of healthy after-school snacks and ideas when they get home.
Hey, it’s better than running to the pantry looking for junk food – which I try to not keep too much anyway.
To Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich…
To make a grilled cheese sandwich, you will need 2 slices of bread, a couple of slices of cheese, and slices of tomato. One non-stick skillet and some butter.
How to Make Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwich?
There are 4 easy steps to making our grilled cheese:
- Place 2 slices of bread on your workspace, or cutting board. And add a thin slice of butter to each.
- Top it with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Add a slice of tomato on each side.
- Close the sandwich, place onto a hot skillet, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove and serve.
Simple, easy, and delicious!
NOTES & TIPS…
- Try making this sandwich with your favorite cheeses, Swiss Cheese, Monterey Jack, Fontina, or even Polly O or Fresh Mozzarella.
- Also, I like using Calphalon skillets, they are fantastic for grilling, easy cleaning and last a long time.
- It is a perfect and simple sandwich anytime when you need one. For a healthier twist, use whole wheat or whole grain bread.
Additional recipes for sandwiches…
- Italian Muffuletta Sandwich
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- Grilled Cheese & Apple Sandwich
- The Dom Sandwich
- Roast-Beef and Corned Beef Sandwiches with Spicy Slaw
- Mozzarella in Carrozza (Italian Fried Cheese Sandwich)
- Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich
- 2 slices of white bread, or any bread of our choice
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe tomato - sliced thinly
- 1/2 Tbsp. of butter - divided
1. Place a thin slice of butter on each slice of bread.
2. Add one slice of cheese on top.
3. Then add the tomatoes and close the sandwich. The tomato should be in the center of the sandwich.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat until the skillet is hot. Place the sandwich and lower the heat to low. NOTE: No need to add anything to the nonstick skillet.
5. On low heat, grill the sandwich for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy golden brown.
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 25gCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: .8gSugar: 1.9gProtein: 15.6g
…thanks for PINNING!
Have you tried our Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich? Let us know, and leave a comment!
NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and get them “FREE” every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!