Looking for a quick and tasty side dish to pair with your entrée? Try our simple recipe for Spinach with Garlic and Olive Oil! In just 5 minutes of prep time and 5 minutes of sautéing, you can create a delicious and healthy dish that features wilted spinach seasoned with garlic, olive oil, and red pepper. It’s the perfect complement to any meal!
Flavorful Spinach with Garlic and Olive Oil…
Spinach is by far our favorite green vegetable ever! But the taste is not good if you don’t flavor it with something.
Our mom always made it with garlic, olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper to give it some heat.
With these few ingredients, spinach has TOTALLY transformed into something sensational!
It always turns out absolutely delicious!
The garlic is key to flavoring the spinach and without it, it has no flavor.
A superfood, spinach is considered to be among the most popular powerful greens these days, promoting good health and essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, C, K, folic acid, and iron!
Spinach is a nutritious and versatile vegetable that can be easily prepared as a side dish or added to various recipes.
We like to incorporate spinach in many recipes as often as possible, some of those recipes are:
This recipe is practically effortless. It’s simple, straightforward – and you’ll LOVE the taste of spinach as much as we do!
I guess you’ll have to give it a try.
MORE TASTY RECIPES for SPINACH!!
- Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes
- Spinach and Kale Quiche
- Sauteed Spinach with Garlic-Ginger & Peppers
- Spinach and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 2 packages (9-ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Rinse spinach and set aside. In a medium pot, heat olive oil and butter. Add the garlic cloves and crushed red pepper. Saute for a few minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the rinsed Baby Spinach and the salt. Cover with a lid and lower the heat to simmer, about 2 to 3 minutes or so, until the spinach has wilted.
- Uncover, and season with salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Remove and discard the garlic cloves. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 to 5
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 11.1gCarbohydrates: 4.9gFiber: 2.3gSugar: .5gProtein: 3.2g
That’s it friends! If you make our spinach with garlic and olive oil, let us know and leave a comment and star rating in our recipe card above! We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to enter your email into our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe!
And stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for all the latest updates.
Stay Healthy … and Happy! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!