Spinach with Garlic and Olive Oil is an easy recipe that makes a delicious side dish for any entree when you need one! A simple and super easy recipe for fresh spinach! Fresh spinach is quickly sautéed with garlic, olive oil, and red pepper until it wilts. It only takes 5 minutes to prep, 5 minutes to saute and it’s ready to serve!
Spinach is by far our favorite green vegetable ever! But if you don’t flavor it with something, the taste is not good.
Our mom always made it with garlic, olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper to give it some heat. And you know what? It TOTALLY transforms this vegetable into something sensational!
Spinach with Garlic and Olive Oil is absolutely delicious! The garlic is the key to flavoring the spinach and without it, it’s tasteless.
A superfood, spinach is considered to be among the popular powerful greens these days, promoting good health and essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, C, K, folic acid, and iron!
Fresh spinach is one healthy vegetable, and we should be eating more of it.
We like to incorporate spinach in many recipes as often as possible. Fresh spinach is so versatile! We love to eat it sauteed, and using it raw – adding to salads, soups, casseroles, and even dips.
Simple, very easy recipe – and you’ll LOVE this recipe as much as we do!
I guess you’ll have to try it this way!
MORE TASTY RECIPES for SPINACH!!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 packages (9-ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Rinse spinach and set aside. In a medium pot, heat olive oil and butter. Add the garlic cloves and crushed red pepper. Saute for a few minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the rinsed Baby Spinach and the salt. Cover with a lid and lower the heat to simmer, about 2 to 3 minutes or so, until the spinach has wilted.
- Uncover, and season with salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Remove and discard the garlic cloves. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 to 5